Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    At least they sent a letter.....
    Dear < Wifey > ,

Thanks for signing up with upromise..... grrr, I really need to chat with my wifey.

I haven't heard about upromise for a while. Are they legit? Any problems?
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They fly under the radar as they have years in their BHO to make their get-a-way with the cash, before little Susie goes off to College.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    They don't try to install thru security holes but they make deals with merchants on LinkShare like Sharper Image.
    Join Upromise and get 3% back for college
    every time you shop at The Sharper Image.
    They have them at the bottom of each page. How do you call that, just a big leak or is it more like thievery...
    http://www.sharperimage.com/

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Smile
    I'm sure both are run by the same Adwhore AM firm doing a courtesy reach-around. In advertising speek, it's called expanding your reach....LOL.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I'm guessing they're clean since merchants can work with them and get the ABW Trusted Seal. Don't know if they bundle, glitch or install thru security holes, haven't heard that they do like some others, testers would know better. I think their model is a little different. People knowingly download and want it. Walk thru a grocery story and i see them all over the place on lots of products, some probably even in your house.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I don't know what you are all talking about. We use Upromise - have requested and received cash from the account (since we'd prefer to use our own 529, as we don't like the ones they offer), and you only receive the credit if you shop through their site. They don't install anything. I shop through them sometimes, and sometimes through my affiliate sites (depends on which works out better for money back in our pockets), and never lost commission from a merchant that I previously shopped at through Upromise. Sometimes I wonder if ABWers are becoming too paranoid!

Edit - I'm sorry - they do offer a download bar thingie which we used for a short while. It reminds you that you are on the site of a Upromise merchant, but doesn't 'jump' you automatically. We stopped using it though because it just got annoying. I couldn't browse without seeing - 'Bla Bla Bla is a Upromise member....' But again, never had a problem with it creating, or overwriting snake cookies...
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread