Linkshare Verification Process Still Broken
    Okay, the information I entered two weeks ago was all fine and dandy until the end of last week when I logged on to LS and was told they were unable to verfiy some of my information. I emailed them and got a response that it would be fixed today. So, I logged on, looked over the information (yeah, that's me, my business name and address), and clicked the update button. The good news is I did not have to wait two weeks for them to tell me I could not be verified. The bad news it was an instant error message that I could NOT be verified.

I'm building sites for Commission Junction merchants today. I've really lost any interest in doing anything for LinkShare merchants at this point. They may have some really great merchants at Linkshare and I know they have some great Affiliate managers, but enough is enough.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; May 16th, 2005 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Missing important word
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

7-days wrote
    The good news is I did not have to wait two weeks for them to tell me I could not be verified. The bad news it was an instant error message that I could be verified.
    7-Days could you please clarify? were you verified or not?

marcelle

Marcelle,

Oh, My, thanks for catching that. I corrected it above to include the word "NOT", regarding my failed registration verification attempt this morning.

Thanks for catching that while I still had time to edit it.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Now I get it! thanks for sharing the info

ABW Ambassador
    I was verified like others when this first came out then started having the same problems that they couldn't verify some information and that is there everytime i login. So for now i'm not doing anything else. All the information is correct. Either they need to fix what needs fixin' on their end or start communicating and let us know what needs to be done to get this going. But they need to start sending my money owed soon. Either fix it, scrap it and go back to the way it was or give the merchant back the money so they can pay me. But somebody needs to start sending out checks.

TrustNo1 wrote:
    Either they need to fix what needs fixin' on their end or start communicating and let us know what needs to be done to get this going.
    I also agree that they should fix the problem from their end. We shouldn't have to resubmit any info. We were already verified!

marcelle

Likewise here, can't verify.

If there is a field with a problem then mark it RED or SOMETHING!!! Don't say "something cant be verified" oh yeah, and send me a check WHILE you are fixing your website LS!!

I tried to call LS affiliate support to get an update on the fixing of the verification problem, they had an answering machine!

I tried emailing LS affiliate support early this morning and still now answer.

I agree, everything is correct. If they can't tell me what is wrong and won't pay me, perhaps it is time to get some legal assistance on this. First they make me wait because of consolidated checks, then they make me wait because it did not go off when it should have, now they make me wait because they can't verify who I am and won't pay me until I do so.

Okay, Linkshare, let's come up with another solution to your current verification process so folks can get paid. We can work the bugs out of the current system along the way, but holding commissions because your program has problems is just not right. And I'm not sure it is legal.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

They said the 3rd party verification would be corrected on Monday. I just got out of bed at 2:30 pm. The first thing I did was try for the umpteenth time in two weeks to go through the registration process. Same answer as before, can't verify name and address with the 3rd party verification service.

I wonder who this 3rd party verification service is! Whoever or whatever it is (if it actually exists) obviously can't differentiate between it's arse and it's elbow!! If this was happening in some third world country I could understand it, but this is the United States of America for Christ's sake! LS said the problem would be sorted out by today, but nothing has changed. Why can't somebody from LS at least let us know what we are supposed to do in order to get f***** VERIFIED!!!

I got a reply from support from my contact on Friday, they said they have no ETA on when this will be fixed.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

When I contacted support last week I was told:
    LinkShare is working to resolve the verification issue. We expect this issue to be resolved on May 16th. At that time, you should be have no problem registering if you are using your correct tax id, name and address. In the meantime, you are able to access your account to run reports, create links, etc., by clicking on the 'Back to Home page link that is available above the Live Chat button. We appreciate your patience in this matter and apologize for the inconvenience.
    When this was not fixed today I contacted them again and got this:

LinkShare is working to resolve the verification issue. We expect this issue to be resolved on May 16th. At that time, you should be have no problem registering if you are using your correct tax id, name and address. In the meantime, you are able to access your account to run reports, create links, etc., by clicking on the 'Back to Home page link that is available above the Live Chat button. We appreciate your patience in this matter and apologize for the inconvenience.
    Okay, so support email is now answering our emails (surprise, surprise), but it is now all computerized and just kicks out the same, erroneous email each time?

My patience with LinkShare is beyond wearing thin.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Here is what I received Friday afternoon.

Note mine says THE WEEK OF MAY 16th! ughhhhhhhh

LinkShare is working to resolve the verification issue. We expect this issue to be resolved the week of May 16th. At that time, you should be have no problems registering if you are using your correct tax id, name and address. In the meantime, you are able to access your account to run reports, create links, etc., by clicking on the 'Back to Home page link that is available above the Live Chat button. We appreciate your patience in this matter and apologize for this inconvenience

Checks will not be sent out to affiliates whose information has not been verified. You should have the opportunity to correct your information by next week. Should your registration be completed then you should receive your check by the last week of May. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best regards,
    Regina Cotto
    Linkshare Affiliate Consultant
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I have the same email (that says it will be fixed May 16th). I think we should all call the number given for this 'Regina Cotto' and bombard their voicemail.... This is SOOOO stupid. My account was fine until last Thursday. And it still says when I go to consolidate accounts, that my account has already been verified! So how is that if their system says I can't be verified?!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Michelle,

You are right!!!! I thought the mails were the exact same two, but did not notice that subtle change so I just posted the same one twice.

You all know what this means, don't you? LS now has all week to mess with us WHILE STILL NO OFFICIAL EMAIL HAS BEEN SENT TO AFFILIATES TO NOTIFY THEM OF THIS, and some folks may not be getting their first check until the following week.

I just can't imagine the affiliates who are not aware of ABW or the newbies out there just trying to collect their first $25.

This was a fiasco a week ago. It is something beyone words this week.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

hopefully some of the affils tripping over this problem will find us now.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread