They shut their site down for hours just so CJU could have a nice "haircut".

Yep, that's all they did.

No forum, no new features, no enhanced features, no notice...

My clickthrus for Monday Jan 7 have dropped by half because of that, can this be considered as a hidden cost for doing business with CJ?

Cheers,
    TianTian

ABW Ambassador
    This wasn't scheduled downtime and I do believe the "new" features were available prior to CJ going down (someone correct me if I am wrong).

Several of us noted lagging stats this morning... I suspect there was a problem to be fixed and the downtime had nothing to do with the new features (unless they caused the problem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]).

It's taking forever for cj to load and I'm running at 46.6 !
    Maybe they are still having some problems?

ABW Ambassador
    I was getting ready to post a "is it just me or is the site slow as mud to everyone"... you beat me to it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I guess they're still having problems...

And just when I've had one of my record traffic days...expecting to see a host of sales appear when I can finally get the page to load!
    Yes, I'm expecting but I'm not holding my breath!

Oh, everything is back to normal now - I am seeing clickthrus, sales, and urrggghhh, reversals.

Cheers,
    TianTian

CJs attempts to improve things are admirable I just wish they would get to grips with the two main issues which seem to bother most publishers: mistrust of the tracking system and reversals by merchants. If they could address these issues in a way which would satisfy publishers CJ would be unbeatable (they almost are anyway!). I'm so concerned about reversals that I can't enjoy the sales I've made for fear they'll be reversed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

CJ folks are you reading this? Can you make year 2002 the year you make your tracking system reliable beyond question and make the merchants' reversal system one we can all trust?

tmd5,

Yes, quite right. More control from CJ on "reversals" is most welcome, IMO. And maybe CJ should also get someone to answer our mails once in a while too.

BTW, regarding "reversals due to invalid cc", I have managed to get some replies from quite a few merchants, from which I understand that most of these so-called invalid cc cases are due to the fact that the buyer's address does not match with the billing address of the cc holder.

This is especially true when there is a substantial time difference between the transaction date and the correction date. The reason, so I was told, is because the merchant was waiting for some proof from the buyer that he/she was indeed eligible to use the cc in question.

Now, what I want to know is shouldn't there be some sort of an automatic reporting mechanism at the merchant's or CJ's end to mark such transactions as "status pending due to cc verification problems" or something like that, whenever a buyer's address does not match up with the bill payer's address?

Not that this will help reduce the incidents of cc fraud or dare I say, merchant fraud, but at least, I'll know a dubious sale when I see one with such a status, and I won't lose any sleep over it.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Cheers,
    TianTian

ABW Ambassador
    I was on CJ this morning at about 4:30 a.m. and was about to get on the boards and B and C because my stats were showing no sales since 2 p.m. yesterday. But I was too tired. So when I woke up I checked again and low and behold all my sales from yesterday came rolling right in. Thanks CJ - trackings working fine for me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think many customers are unawere of that address issue. What I would like to see is; merchants PUT something to warn them about that in the charge and details page.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread