Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Congress Questions Pending Spyware Bil
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1816305,00.asp

federal lawmakers recognize that any move they make will likely have a limited effect on the huge problem of spyware.
    Bolding added by me.

....could inadvertently hamper legitimate downloadable products, software makers are busy lobbying for legislation that would pre-empt myriad state initiatives under way.
    That would be all those State Bills like the MI bill. Per the above article, it would seem that included in those software makers lobbying would be Bill Gates himself.

As an alternative to the Spyblock Act, a new measure introduced last week would provide increased resources and tools to enforce existing laws ......
    Bolding added by me. Now I'm just confused. How long have we been told that there were no existing laws to cover this stuff? I was told that by my AG's office in 2001 or so. And they seemed to have a pretty good grasp of what was going on. Now all of a sudden there are existing laws that apply to throw a lot of money at to enforce those existing laws. Politics really wear on me at times.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    It's a good sign... when it was just affiliates (what and who are they?) upset, everyone said shush up and get back in your corner where ever it is.

Once the masses get pissed, laws against deceptive advertising and contract law (between consumer and parasite) get legs.

Keep shining your spotlight on it - as you have for years - more good will continue to come.

Inflammation and pus are the beginning of the healing process. The zit called parasiteware is swelling up. (a brief and disgusting ode to Mike and Charley).

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Mike & Charlie have a hot lance for those parasite boils and zits. We've been using it for years chasing windmills till the time was right.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Not tomorrow or next month or even before this year is out, but soon, we'll look back and say remember when parasites and adware were everywhere - man, we made it through some tough times.

We'll tell newbies... nCase you didn't know it, WhenU were in diapers, things were 180 from today - every cool web search was snatched into the jaws of a Gator. It was no bargain, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Not tomorrow or next month or even before this year is out, but soon, we'll look back and say remember when parasites and adware were everywhere - man, we made it through some tough times.

We'll tell newbies... nCase you didn't know it, WhenU were in diapers, things were 180 from today - every cool web search was snatched into the jaws of a Gator. It was no bargain, buddy.
    Good view of the Future!

You deserve some award for all of your efforts in making it happen sooner.

I can't wait to see the Future.
    But, I know I will be there.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread