Want to be the best merchant... help me
    Hi everyone,

We are *very* excited about our new merchant account here at SaS! I want to make our program the most friendly and lucrative for new affiliates and was hoping to get some feedback from y'all.

I won't post our program, as I am unclear if that is a violation of this forums TOS (please someone advise).

Generally speaking:

1) We are doing auto deposit
    2) 10% commission, a lot of purchases are 100-150$ USD (some are over $500)
    3) 60 day tracking cookie

Now for the questions:

1) Should I have our graphic designer make up a bunch of banners of different standard sizes? Or, do most affiliates like to work their own graphics in? We have graphic designers on staff who can even do some custom work for each affiliate if need, if thats needed.

2) We have about 6-7 product lines that we are distributing, should we make available high-res images and product descriptions so people can work it into their own ad copy?

3) Can we offer 'bonuses' to affiliates? I mean, I would like to maybe run a contest, and give a trip to Jamaica to the best affiliate for the month or whatever. Is that kind of stuff allowed?

If anyone could shed some light on the above, or offer some do's and don'ts, I would appreciate it.

My main goal is to design/develop a plan to provide the best affiliate program for the affiliates as I feel in the end everyone will profit.

Quote Originally Posted by sharbs
    Hi everyone,

We are *very* excited about our new merchant account here at SaS! I want to make our program the most friendly and lucrative for new affiliates and was hoping to get some feedback from y'all.

I won't post our program, as I am unclear if that is a violation of this forums TOS (please someone advise).
    I reply to that here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...33&postcount=6

Generally speaking:

1) We are doing auto deposit
    2) 10% commission, a lot of purchases are 100-150$ USD (some are over $500)
    3) 60 day tracking cookie
    All three sound good.

Now for the questions:

1) Should I have our graphic designer make up a bunch of banners of different standard sizes? Or, do most affiliates like to work their own graphics in? We have graphic designers on staff who can even do some custom work for each affiliate if need, if thats needed.

2) We have about 6-7 product lines that we are distributing, should we make available high-res images and product descriptions so people can work it into their own ad copy?

3) Can we offer 'bonuses' to affiliates? I mean, I would like to maybe run a contest, and give a trip to Jamaica to the best affiliate for the month or whatever. Is that kind of stuff allowed?

If anyone could shed some light on the above, or offer some do's and don'ts, I would appreciate it.

My main goal is to design/develop a plan to provide the best affiliate program for the affiliates as I feel in the end everyone will profit.
    1) You can wait for that one for now.
    2) Yes.
    3) Yes, sure, why not? But, make the trip available to Jamaica or another place too.

Sal.

Hi again Sal,

Thanks for the input. I did in fact make an annoucement post, just waiting on it to get approved.

Yeah, we actually have a few options of trips we will give away.

Another question, am I allowed to have our affiliate program in my sig?

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi;

If I were you I would wait 2-4 months to start running a contest for the top affiliate and giving away expense trips.

trip to Jamaica?? from where? air and hotel or... Many affiliates do not live in the states so your better offering a cash gift.

Give your program time to start and get settled in and then to get some affiliates before you roll out incentives. Many affiliates that are top producers take a couple of months to get you set up OR if you offer great product they will build a site just to sell your product.
    If you do it from the start they will always expect it.

I would also extend your cookies to 6 months MIN.

10% is fine but make a sliding scale, ie $3,000 in sales increases your commissions xx%.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO
    Hi;

If I were you I would wait 2-4 months to start running a contest for the top affiliate and giving away expense trips.

trip to Jamaica?? from where? air and hotel or... Many affiliates do not live in the states so your better offering a cash gift.

Give your program time to start and get settled in and then to get some affiliates before you roll out incentives. Many affiliates that are top producers take a couple of months to get you set up OR if you offer great product they will build a site just to sell your product.
    If you do it from the start they will always expect it.

I would also extend your cookies to 6 months MIN.

10% is fine but make a sliding scale, ie $3,000 in sales increases your commissions xx%.
    Ditto.

I agree with what Richard said.

He's one of the good Affiliate Marketing Managers around here and he have the experience to know what works and what not.

Sal.

All good advice and don't forget some of the basics like keeping the parasites out, make sure tracking is 100% and manage affiliate issues quickly. It sounds like you have the right attitude, best of luck to you.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thanks for the advice!

Parasites.. what exactly does that mean?

There's a whole section of this forum titled "ParasiteWare" that has a wealth of information. Some folks here will be more than happy to help you with this, just take a look at the parasiteware forum and feel free to ask questions.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread