Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Affiliate Network Rep
    update #2
    Hi all,

Sorry for not getting you an update last week but I was out cold (literally with a cold) from Thursday night on.

We are still working on any Athena issues that have been alerted to us. My last update mentioned that we would have a fix in place to allow you to unlock your legal entity name (which many had their site name in) and thus hopefully solve that problem with verification. I am glad to say that this was completed and pushed live on Thursday night.

We are still looking into groups of problems that we might encounter and are working to fix any remaining issues as I can see from the boards that there are still some lingering issues. Hopefully we will isolate them and solve them quickly.

As many of you may have seen the first batch of checks went out last week. The payment report is just about ready to go, awaiting final QA clearance and hopefully that will clear up any questions around what was in the check. I am sorry for the delay but a lot of resources are looking into any Athena related issues and thus its making our time schedules a little off planning. I know itís important so I hope to have that out in the analytics tool soon for you all.

If you have completed verification for one account, I have heard a number of people trying to verify the other accounts they may have with us. Rather then do this, what you need to do is go into the verified account and aggregate all your accounts under that one verified legal entity. You will see a aggregation area if you log into update profile. All you will need is your user name and password to automate that. Once this is done you will get a consolidated payment for each individual channel (or what you all used to look at as a SID).

I will try to make sure that you are all updated, as I know more. Hope all is well and I will have to get back to work with the team on all this stuff.

Steve
    p.s. I almost forgot to mention that there are two more batches of checks going out (one this week and another next week) for the people who missed last week for whatever reason. I know that this process can be a bit frustrating for you all, but we are working hard to make sure that this verification process works well and that we solve all the problems around it.
    Last edited by smesser; May 16th, 2005 at 11:21 PM.

1. Is there no one else who can communicate with us when you are sick?

2. My legal entity thing was accepted, then rejected. Still shows error message.

3. "I will try to make sure that you are all updated, as I know more." Well, your past record of doing this over the years is horrible. The last two weeks were the most frustrating I've ever had. How can we believe you will change your ways?

4. You got my email. You have until 5:00 p.m. your time tomorrow to respond or things WILL change here. I will not wait any longer.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; May 16th, 2005 at 11:50 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Same here I was verified and then since Friday I have bene Unverified. It doesn't even tell me what info is not verified.

Same here - All the info is correct, but can't verify it.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    My last update mentioned that we would have a fix in place to allow you to unlock your legal entity name (which many had their site name in) and thus hopefully solve that problem with verification. I am glad to say that this was completed and pushed live on Thursday night.
    I'm wondering if that's what sent me into unverified land after I had been previously verified. I've been getting the error message also. I had my legal entity name as my business name (a sole prop.) which is also listed on the W-9 as business name. I resubmitted under the business name again..no dice. I changed the legal entity to my real name...immediately showed as verified. Only problem now is the checks payable is my real name when I would want them as the company name and not me personally.

ABW Ambassador
    Steve, what about support not answering emails, live chat problems, affiliate phone support going to an answering machine. This is not a way to do business. Did what you post just go out to all your other affiliates who have no idea what is going on? What type of deadline are you looking at where i can get verified (again) so i can get my overdue checks? As far as the verification it just says something can't be verified, with no specifics. As far as communication, can you post something that works, if there is anything.

Stephen,

I just sent you a follow up PM to my email of last week.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

My "legal entity" was my real name and home address. I WAS verified, I WAS able to aggregate my accounts and now, like so many others, my account can no longer be verified.

If this has something to do with information a Credit Reporting Agency has on file, I would like to know which agency LS is using so I can order the report and find out what the error is. CRA's are notorious for having outdated information, especially if you don't currently have a car loan, mortgage, credit cards, etc, or you've moved, divorced, changed names from getting re-married, so many other reasons.

You see, the trend continues. No official communication (I see no email from Mr. Messer in combo with this notice here). He posts here once or twice a month. Then when he is vague like today, we are all left here asking all these questions and he disappears for two weeks. Meanwhile all these and other questions continue to go unanswered (here and via chat and support) and many still have not been paid or know when we ever will be.

Mr. Messer: In another thread you were very precise in telling me that LS was not ignoring us. Well, I don't know what you call all this, but it certainly is not the level of communication (even the bare minimum) that we expect out of a network, especially the president.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    I am sorry....that has to be the lamest post ever Mr Messer.

I can't even believe you posted that,

"You had a cold?" - That sure didnt prevent you from reading posts since Thursday.

Dude, you jumped the shark.

Disapointed Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    That's true, i saw him online when he had a cold. I went to work with a cold plenty of times and i wasn't the CEO of a company that has a lot of peoples checks due. And it looks like he signed off with not answering any questions. Perfect.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Batches of checks went out last week for those who were verified. I was verified since the first March Athena notice. I've tried 5 times since last Friday to change something minor to kick in the verification to no avail. How many like me were verified before your magic change on last Thursday? Make the service you pay flag the field which requires changes. Like I said earlier. Only pay to verify the individuals name and SS# or Company name and Tax ID #. Check my Whois info if you think the check address, phone# and the domain doesn't sound kosher. The e-mail change verification does work. All else suck grapes and we all know the bad actors can fly under the verification process as they are paper trail fronts once it is fixed.

Maybe we need a trusted merchant sponsor to get verified. Should I call Patrick Byrnes of Overstock or Andy Rodreguez or Chris from Mondera to vouch I cashed all their commission checks in my own name. I doubt anyone in affiliate marketing doesn't know my transparent site and pro-affiliate stance on all issues. Then again Ms.B and Philly Burbs can't get verified. Charlie can vouch for them!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Forgive me for asking this but are all you Americans that tough and strong that a mere cold will prevent you from reading and answering your emails or posts?

This has to rate as the worst excuse ever rendered for a lack of comunication and to think it came from the owner of the company is nothing short of a bloody disgace.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Very nice!

To post an update: 1 minute.
    staying online reading the questions and reactions: 1Ĺ hours.
    To log out with out answering any question: ľ of a second.

Another few more days in lurking mode before update #3: Priceless!

Mr. Sal,

Nicely put.

You know what I was thinking as I was reading this? Mr. Messer can't work when he has a cold, yet we are expected to work for him (as affiliates) when we have not been paid in over three weeks. Now, what is wrong with this picture. I'm putting in 12-18 hour days while he is in is stratolounger with a box of kleenex and a private nurse I bet.

I do this job all day, visit my dad a few times a day while he is in the hospital the last three weeks (cancer patient...now, he REALLY is too sick to be expected to work) and have plenty of time to communicate problems or suggestions to affiliate managers who provide me with constructive responses.

What Mr. Messer did to us here today....well, Haiko would ban me for saying what I thought Mr. Messer did to us.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

This has gone from bad to worse, to me it isnt a money thing...it is completely principal.

You know a couple days ago someone was saying the Messer's posts were all PR driven, I can definately assure you that tonights.....was a publicists nightmare, my publicist....would shoot me.

Anyway....Just a word of advice Mr Messer....there is a certain level of trust that we affiliates put into both you and your company, we trust our time, we trust our money, we trust our efforts......Maybe you should seriously take that into consideration next time before you post.

DidHe actually post the cold excuse....LOL

Very disappointing. Wait all this time for some sort of communication from LinkShare, and this is what we get. Guess it says we aren't important enough to assign somebody the responsibility of spending more time here and keeping us informed.

And I still can't verify my one dinky little account. So, I'm stuck in a Catch-22. Can't get paid until I verify my account. Can't verify my account because some 3rd Party service says I don't exist.

IT IS TOTALLY FALSE THAT ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED.
    ALL OUR ACCOUNTS ARE STILL LOCKED WITH THE WRONG INFORMATION.

WE ARE ABSOLUTELY FED UP.

heisje

Stephen,

I became not verfiable with Linkshare a few days ago after I was in verified status for a couple of months. I can't understand how LS came up with the idea of verifying affiliates' info with third party databases. Third party databases do not have real-time information especially when it comes to addresses. Does third party databse verification mean that newly formed companies cannot be affiliates of Linkshare simply because the third party database does not know yet that they exist? what about individuals who work under their own name? Does third party database verification mean that individuals who find a new apartment will no longer be able to stay as Linkshare affiliates because the third party databse doen't know that they moved? The way I see it, third party databse verification can never work.

marcelle

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    This has gone from bad to worse, to me it isnt a money thing...it is completely principal.

You know a couple days ago someone was saying the Messer's posts were all PR driven, I can definately assure you that tonights.....was a publicists nightmare, my publicist....would shoot me.

Anyway....Just a word of advice Mr Messer....there is a certain level of trust that we affiliates put into both you and your company, we trust our time, we trust our money, we trust our efforts......Maybe you should seriously take that into consideration next time before you post.

DidHe actually post the cold excuse....LOL
    Diddy you seem to have changed your tune about Messer since his first update. If you recall you said something like this in another post:

[/QUOTE]You see I told everyone....This is a good thing and this guy is a mensch (if you dont know-google it)

Messer don't mess around. I like that, it makes me feel confident in working with them, I almost wanna fly out to vegas to meet the guy and shake his hand.

This is what partnerships are all about.

He could of ignored everyone, drove home in his bmw without a worry in the world...but he was here...answering questions and giving us insight.

When an educated man can't spell...you know he's either tired...or has a good publicist (sneaky sneaky)

He doesnt know any of us, we may push 1 sale a month or maybe 2 or 3 thousand, all of which is irrelevant, the man is still here trying to help us make sense...I dig that.

What I see is a man that obviously cares about Linkshare, and obviously cares about us.

Not to say I told you so, but I told ya so.

Diddy[/QUOTE]

I wonder what made you change your mind? You still wanna fly out to Vegas and shake his hand?

Same thing that changed lots of folks mind over the last couple of weeks, probably. Check those two threads again and you'll see another person above to completely changed their tune.

I'm still sitting here with my jaw on the floor in disbelief at what Mr. Messer wrote. Most of it we already knew. And still, he skirted all the important questions we have submitted here and via LS support.

I knew things were bad, but this is far worse that I could have ever imagined.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Betcha that felt good for ya Grumpy, huh?

Anyway, it appears maybe I was wrong (maybe being the operative word)

I have never spoken nor met the man, but actions definately speak louder than words and I feel that the actions....definately were not cool

So I guess tonight....I eat crow

D

Stephen Messer wrote:
    The payment report is just about ready to go, awaiting final QA clearance and hopefully that will clear up any questions around what was in the check.
    I suggest that, in addition to the payment report, LS adds on the check stub the names of the merchants and the pay periods included in the consolidated check .

marcelle

This was classic:

We are still working on any Athena issues that have been alerted to us. My last update mentioned that we would have a fix in place to allow you to unlock your legal entity name (which many had their site name in) and thus hopefully solve that problem with verification. I am glad to say that this was completed and pushed live on Thursday night.
    You are glad to say that, huh? You make it sound like it it is some sort of a triumph.

Are you glad to say that at the same time you did this, many people who had been verified for a month or more suddenly saw an error message every time they logged in saying that a piece of their information cannot be verified? In other words, your "fix" looks like it fixed one problem and created a possibly even bigger one. I am not glad about that.

Why is there no information in your post about that? Your post is a bunch of words with very little real information. Put some value in your posts. Be specific. Address the specific problems and tell us why they happened. Tell us who is working on it and what is being done and when you expect everything to be fixed. Answer people's questions.

Tell us if those of us that had been verified for over a month and then were mysteriously "unverified" last Thursday (when you pushed the other "fix" through) will be getting our checks from the first batch of checks, or the second, or the third. Tell us if , in order to get our checks, we are going to have to enter our information again at some future date so we are verified again. Or will will be back to verified status again automatically once you guys fix whatever you messed up on Thursday night? Seems to me that once I am verified, I should be verified forever.

These are the things we want to know. Make your next post worthwhile.

Unhappy
    lol-apparently verified is just a word, and a lot of 'unverified people' have been getting checks for years...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast