Question Multiple Sites & Commissions Question
    Could someone explain to me how multiple sites and commissions work? For example, if you have 5 sites that you are signed up with identical merchants on each, do you have to reach your minimum on each site to get paid or is it combined as one account/ one mimimum.

Thank you,
    leeann

Leeann,

CJ combines them all with one minimum ($25).

On the Account tab in the CJ interface, click on Web Site Settings, and then "Add a New Web Site" if you'd like separate tracking code for each.

- Dave

So does this mean, i can make it so my check is sent out every 2 months instead of every 1 month?

Internet Cowboy
    Add as many sites as you want, use the unique PID for each site. Your check will be sent based on your entire account, not each individual site. As far as CJ is concerned, all sites are part of your account and the checks are calculated and sent based on your account, not individual sites.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks, so its not possible then to make my check be sent every 2 months instead of every 1 month?

wtb, I don't think it's possible. They process payments every 20th of the month. You can raise your minimum payment though, if you'd prefer to build up more commissions before you get a check. It can be changed under Account > Payment Information. I've got mine set at $200.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

ABW Ambassador
    btw i read somewhere here in the forums that you should be carefull...when applying to a merchant that you already have an affiliation with within the same cj account but with another site, and he/she rejects your application at the same time you lose the affiliation with the already approved site....

plz correct me if i am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KGP
    btw i read somewhere here in the forums that you should be carefull...when applying to a merchant that you already have an affiliation with within the same cj account but with another site, and he/she rejects your application at the same time you lose the affiliation with the already approved site....

plz correct me if i am wrong.
    Merchant approve affiliation with all sites of your account at review moment.
    In future merchant have possibilities expire relationship with your account regardless add your new site(s) or not.
    But, as I understand, CJ don't have features that notify merchant about "new" publisher web sites

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy
    wtb, I don't think it's possible. They process payments every 20th of the month. You can raise your minimum payment though, if you'd prefer to build up more commissions before you get a check. It can be changed under Account > Payment Information. I've got mine set at $200.
    Thanks so much

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ripe
    Merchant approve affiliation with all sites of your account at review moment.
    In future merchant have possibilities expire relationship with your account regardless add your new site(s) or not.
    But, as I understand, CJ don't have features that notify merchant about "new" publisher web sites
    so its true if your second site within your account doesnt get approved...you lose the approval of the first site correct?

Thank you for the information. Can you use just one number for various accounts/sites rather then applying for seperate ones? It would make updating so much easier by incorporating all of my sites into a single database using the same numbers for each merchant. Plus there are sites that I may want to use just a few merchant banners here and there. I'm wanting to increase the number of sites that I have but if I can't keep up with the updates it wouldn't be very good to do.
    Thanks again.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    so its true if your second site within your account doesnt get approved...you lose the approval of the first site correct?
    I've added a huge number of sites to my CJ account with no problems. Only in certain circumstances, will adding a new site send the others back to the approval queue. In most instances I doubt there's even a notice that another site's been added.

THE EXCEPTION: The only time I know of where there is notifiction to existing merchants, and people have been de-approved after adding a site to their account, is if the promotional method for the new site is flagged as using an "Incentive/Special Program."

Then, if I recall correctly, every site in the account has to be re-approved by its merchants (even if the merchants had formerly approved them). Sometimes a merchant will choose NOT to reapprove the others, or will just ignore the reapproval request. In some cases this is because the merchant doesn't want to get anywhere near an "incentive" site. In other cases it's because the program is on auto-pilot and the merchant doesn't even realize there's approvals waiting for them!

This is to the best of my understanding...mostly based on posts I've seen here in the past. For something more ironclad, ask CJ or one of their merchants...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread