Angry Error, we were not able to verify your legal name, address, and SSN with a third part
    Tuesday 6:06 am CST

I got the same error message. I sent them an email two days ago and I am still waiting for them to reply.

Bob

I got the same error message, had to remove the name of my website and put my full name in it's place and it worked... Give it a try.

When I sign in it says it is unable to verify some of my information - but doesn't tell me what. And it also has my birthdate wrong and I have changed it about 4 times, but it's wrong again this morning. I give up! I sent them an email to their support but haven't heard from them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    I got the same error message, had to remove the name of my website and put my full name in it's place and it worked... Give it a try.
    I just did this and it worked. Thanks.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've alway had an individual account. I tried it with and without a Middle name and middle initial. The address is the same Linkshare mailed to for 7 years. I updated the W-9 part with all combinations...Still the friggin thing cannot verify me!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Wow - pretty bad when it cannot verify ecomcity!
    Mike and Charley have been around forever it seems. Now I do not feel so bad that it cannot verify my business that has been here since 1997. It was driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    I removed my website name and put in my business name as this is who the checks should be made out to. It didn't work. Then I put in my name and tried again. It still didn't work.

I have tried several different combinations and now get this:
    Error, you have exceeded the number of attempts allowed to try to pass third party verification. You may try again at a later date.

Who the heck is the third party they are trying to verify me with. People always mispell my name.
    Last edited by Jane; May 17th, 2005 at 11:13 AM. Reason: update

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I just figured out who the mysterious 3rd party verifier - that can't seem to verify anyone - is!!!

Simple... follow the money....

Who stands to benefit most if Linkshare can't verify any affiliates... and they start dropping Linkshare in droves....

It's TODD!!!!

Plain as the nose on our face

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    You're all laughing at how stupid that is... but think about it...

Linkshare is sooooooooooooooooooooo stupid they would hire a verification service (my quess is the lowestt bidder) that is really a subdivion of VaLUEcLICK!!

That's the only thing that makes sense!

Mike and Charley have been around forever it seems. Now I do not feel so bad that it cannot verify my business that has been here since 1997
    Mike and Charlie have been around forever, you remember the parrot on Long John Silvers shoulder?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Mike and Charlie have been around forever, you remember the parrot on Long John Silvers shoulder?
    Easy tiger..........
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Jane wrote:
    I have tried several different combinations and now get this:
    Error, you have exceeded the number of attempts allowed to try to pass third party verification. You may try again at a later date.
    I am having the same problem. The LS system seems to allow only two or three attempts at validation per day.

marcelle

I would suggest to stop trying to change things to get it to say you are verified again. I suspect it is just a LS systems problem, and that people that were verified before may very well still be verified. Of course, LS needs to fix the problem and let us know that for sure.

Talking
    Anybody that would stay with LS after what all has happened is .

You're not alone. I had the same problem. Out of desperation, I visited their 'Live Chat.' That person couldn't resolve it, but they did refer it on to tech support. I tried again a few days later and it worked.

I know how frustrated I was. Good luck!

Stannis wrote:
    I would suggest to stop trying to change things to get it to say you are verified again. I suspect it is just a LS systems problem, and that people that were verified before may very well still be verified. Of course, LS needs to fix the problem and let us know that for sure.
    I sure hope that you're right. It would be nice for the error to be resolved automatically.

marcelle

Quote Originally Posted by stannis
    I have never been verified. But I guess if the people that have been verified can't get verified agiain, it's certainly hopeless for the rest of us.

I decided to try something different. Instead of selectiong Sole Proprietorship I selected Individual. When you select Sole Propretorship it asks for Legal Enitity Date of Birth. Is that my birthdate or the birthdate of my business. Tried my bday but it didnt work and I found it strange that it doesn't ask if I select individual. I certainly don't know the exact day my business was born on. I have a DBA somewhere...
    Last edited by Jane; May 17th, 2005 at 07:51 PM. Reason: update

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    I love it when they call me Big Poppa......

Do we get a choice on how we are verified?

I personally would like it to be a woman, in my case of course.

Not that I am perv......but this is My Verification here.....

No higher than like.....maybe 5"4....must have a manicure (diddy dont like dirty nails)

Nice voice.....yeah....nice voice ( When I ran the Call centres, I had this girl working for me.....LOL.....the sweetest, sexiest voice....she sold ice to eskimos...but oy....she was like 7 feet tall, with big ass clunkers for feet, hands like a brick layer and a face like a horse-Just had to say it)

Back to my verification, yeah baby.......Kay Messer....hook it up

Diddy

Am I the only person who would pay to punch this annoying Diddy poser in the face?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Kay Messer already took dibs on Da' Man Ditty,
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Well, when it happens I want video.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDeal
    Am I the only person who would pay to punch this annoying Diddy poser in the face?
    Just ignore him like everyone does.

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    Ya....I don't know how to get re-gain my verified status either. Argh....i wish exleast they'd tell us what specifically couldn't be validated. All I know is I want my check from them and I don't care how i get it .... i'll have my mother validated for all i care and she can give me the check! I would leave linkshare in a second if Overstock wasn't there....leave... PLEASE!

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread