I managed to get verified BUT!!!!
    When I joined LS in 2002 I was living in the UK and signed up with them as a foreign entity, but with my mailing address in the US. Never had any problems I might add. However, just recently I moved to the US, applied for a change in status and was issued with a SS#. When I entered my new info into LS's system everything went fine UNTIL last week when I got that horrible message "Unable to verify". So this morning I decided to do a test and entered my old information, changing my US address back to the UK. Immediately I did this it updated my account. I then went back in again and changed my address to US without any problem BUT now it has my correct mailing address in Arizona and the country listed as "United Kingdom" (there is no drop-down box to change it back to United States!!!!). According to their system I will now be paid by "international check" sent to my address in Arizona!! Go figure that one out. Hell who knows perhaps I'll even get my checks HAHA.

For those of you wondering what is going on, I spoke to somebody at LS this morning after carrying out the above exercise and she told me that the system is still full of bugs (no shit!) and she could not give me an answer as to when it is going to be fully functional. It certainly doesn't inspire a lot of confidence for what the future holds in store for us. I told her in no uncertain terms that I thought LS is being totally unprofessional and that they should have left the old system in place until they had tested the new one to make 100% sure it was working. Of course that probably landed on deaf ears, and all she said was that we have to be patient.

Anyway it will be pretty interesting to see what's going to happen with my account now that it is really screwed up . At this moment in time I've got rid of the "unable to verify" message. I'll keep you all updated on this one.

we've had similar situations with a number of the larger networks, when we changed address and banking details.

i remember one particular time being a nightmare!

good luck

Grumpy wrote:
    According to their system I will now be paid by "international check" sent to my address in Arizona!! Go figure that one out. Hell who knows perhaps I'll even get my checks HAHA.
    Grumpy, Innovative! congrats for being validated! wouldn't your address field have UK at the bottom? I suppose that the US postal service will figure it out by referring the Zip code.

marcelle

A surprising development!
    Since posting earlier this morning, will you guys believe that I received a phone call from the woman I spoke to at LS? . She told me that she had discussed the situation with someone (I think she said in the accounts department), and that my account has been verified and I will be receiving my payments in the next couple of batches to my address in the US. I asked her how this could possibly be seeing as the country states "United Kingdom" but she assured me that it will reach me. Of course it remains to be seen what happens - if I get my check nobody would be more surprised than me.

I must admit, I almost had a heart attack when I picked up the phone and it was LS on the line. Considering I never asked her to call me back, this is definitely a first. Nonetheless I am not going to get overjoyed quite yet as anything can go wrong (as it usually does these days with Linkshare).

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread