Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    9 hour delay!! Things are wacked out again!
    Here we go again!!

9 hour delay!! Things are wacked out again! I had a sale event of midnight and post time 9 hours later. I too, had mucho trouble logging in a while ago, but until reading the forums, did I know that affiliate links were down as well.
    My reports are not reflecting this last sale and the estimate next payment thing is broken too. I have shown ZERO sales since midnight!!

HOw long will it take before CJ post a message saying how things are screwed up again? Or is it STILL?

I have a number of sales since midnight and all with 1-2 hour gaps. Things are working, but I have seen the site go out intermittently, which makes me wonder if things could be going a bit better...

CJ justed posted.........
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    I have a number of sales since midnight and all with 1-2 hour gaps. Things are working, but I have seen the site go out intermittently, which makes me wonder if things could be going a bit better...

CJ Account Manager is currently experiencing intermittent instability. We are working to resolve the issue and will post updates to this site. Tracking and recording of transactions are functional. Thank you for your patience.

What is intermittent instability? Is that like a cancer of an unknown origin?

I am shutting down my PPC campaigns now!

Glad that Todd has been of such great assistance during the past several days. All he's said is that we'd know on Monday what happened Friday (of course, didn't happen) and today he is nowhere to be found... but, we can always compare this experience to what's happening at LS and be happy I suppoose...

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Intermittent instability = idiopathic psychopathology

In other words, things are wonky and no one knows why.

Pathetic. A so-called scheduled upgrade turns into yet another unscheduled downgrade. When will you people learn how to manage your own systems?

Help!
    Hi , I am a newbie to all of this affiliate business deal. A friend of mine was looking for a purse for his wife, I told him to click through my announcement. He did, and he registered and bought and bid on a purse, he did not win the action, someone else bid to high for his pocket. Anyways what maters is he registered and bid. This was last night. This morning I went to see if i had $20 bucks in my account , but there wasnt. This was last night , may 16, 05 at 9:30, where is my money. Why is CJs site not reflecting my money. I took my campaigns off from the net. Can anyone tell me why is it that my Cj account is not reflecting the 20 dollar earning for my friends registration and bid? and why Is it my stats reflect 59 clicks ,and Cj recorded yesterday only 38. It was somewhere in the 43rd click that my friend bought. Can someone help me?

ABW Ambassador
    transactions spurted out in the morning for an hour or two and then stopped.

if we assume that those spurts are what should be the norm in tracking, then i/we are losing really big for the rest of the day.

Hi there Waytogo! Can you tell me whats going on , does this happen all the time? Should I put my ads back on?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ftaff
    Hi there Waytogo! Can you tell me whats going on , does this happen all the time? Should I put my ads back on?
    the patterns are there and they happen all the time. and to add that i myself (as most here) have my own share of purchases that were not reported.

whether you should put your ads back on or not depends on how much of this can you still stomach.

Well I appreciate you answering me. I think ill stick with it for a while and go ahead and put them back on, I consider my self a pretty good salesperson, but this stuff is all new to me. I here all these online comments about how you can get rich with some of these affiliate programs. Man, I hope I can be one of them. If not, at least make some extra cash on the side. Ok then, thanks again.

I've had three active ebay registrations post today:

16-May-2005 21:10 PDT Posted 17-May-2005 00:18 PDT
    17-May-2005 07:06 PDT Posted 17-May-2005 10:19 PDT
    17-May-2005 08:06 PDT Posted 17-May-2005 12:22 PDT

However, I still think there is something amiss. I usually get three to five bids per hour. Yet, there is a gap.

Bid 17-May-2005 10:45 PDT Posted 17-May-2005 14:31 PDT
    Bid 17-May-2005 14:26 PDT Posted 17-May-2005 17:26 PDT

I find it very hard to believe that I went from 10:45 am until 2:26 PM without a single bid/BIN. It's not normal for my site with over 4,000 dedicated eBay editor kit pages.

Things have been going on and off since the wee hours of this morning. I suspect that this is a case where tracking has been affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Things have been going on and off since the wee hours of this morning. I suspect that this is a case where tracking has been affected.
    How dare you say such a thing. Tracking always works... a little fairy keeps track while the site is down and transfers the data once everything is back online.

Of course, what was I thinking? I forgot about those CJ Fairies. CJ can just have the fairy wave a magic wand to make transactions track when clicking on a link transfers the user to a dead page.

Anybody had sales today?
    My clicks looks fine but the sales dont look normal.
    Usually for that amount of click as I got today I usually have 1-3 sales. Nothing today.

Im not sure maybe im paranoid with all the cj talks here.

So did any one get sales today????

Cool
    I had one sale today (normal number for me) around 6 PM PST with a delay of about an hour and a half, if I remember right.

ABW Ambassador
    well, no sale for me yet since it stopped early morning.

it's just amazing. after stringing in several and very varied real-time sales in only a two hour period, it was nothing since.

did i see it right that they admitted their servers were unstable?

Sales fine here... consistent throughout the day with no major gaps. For those of you with 1-3 sales a day, a day without sales shouldn't be unexpected. MichaelColey has a little binomial calculator thing that will help you figure out if it's out of whack statistically, but that's assuming no variables like a change in merchants and the crazy bots that jack up your clicks.

Here are links to some of my threads about using the Binomial Distribution to detect statistical variations versus actual reporting/tracking problems:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...362#post417362

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...064#post416064

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...586#post409586
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    the spurt is back!

whatever you say guys, i'll tell you, there is no randomness in this things.

thank you, thank you cj. now please keep it that way.

ABW Ambassador
    my own background is business and math, but i don't believe in trying to be too technical in this game.

if the server is unstable, the server is unstable.

you got too many variables (known and unknown) in this field.

the only principle i follow is
    test, monitor and when something works, squeeze it dry.

that's why cj is the best, because you can react as things happen. with linkshare, by the time you can react, the hoopla is already gone.

ABW Ambassador
    just checked my stats again. it's for real, the valve is open. sorry guys but i can't contain my excitement. go CJ! go CJ!

Going on an 8 day delay for me. Nothing since May 10th. Todd, drop kick my server please. I haven't whined in a long time, maybe thats why I have no sales Coincidence me Baby!!!
    Last edited by Packy; May 18th, 2005 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    just checked my stats again. it's for real, the valve is open. sorry guys but i can't contain my excitement. go CJ! go CJ!
    Valve open here too. Having the best day I've seen in a very long time. Things haven't looked this good since January.

No sale today since 7:00 AM! An Incredible mess at CJ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by inetsol
    No sale today since 7:00 AM! An Incredible mess at CJ!!!
    Everything's running fine right now, at this very second anyway, at CJ (yes, yes, minus the ongoing parasite/adwhore crap), so can't be blaming them for your lack of sales...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast