Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Affiliate Network Rep
    new day new update
    For the people who have gotten their first consolidated payment you can now find a payment report that will give you the break out of what merchants paid you what in the check. After you have logged into LinkShare you will need to click on the analytics beta. Once that has launched please click on the network transaction tab and then under additional analysis you will find a payment summary with details. This will have data starting with the March payments. Eventually it will have all the data from prior years but that needs to load so for now it just covers all checks that start with consolidated payments.

With regards to working on resolving issues with Athena, we are working on and solving groups of issues daily so I will let you know more as we knock them off.

Also we just sent out the second batch of payments today so many of you will get checks soon.

Best regards,
    Stephen

Internet Cowboy
    Why on earth would you launch a payment/reporting system that was not proven? LS has created a HUGE mess and has seriously tainted any remnants of a good reputation that it still had.
    As screwed up as it is, even the US government test fires rockets and spaceships before they send men up in them. Linkshare has sent a crew of 5 to the moon in a Kia Rio and guess what...it doesn't work.
    Kudos on intentions. A million thumbs down on planning and execution.
    LS either has a total disregard for affiliates or no idea of the basic steps in planning and execution.
    What a mess!

Edited to say: If your customer service people would talk to affiliates, the CEO would not have to handle the CS issues. Is there something I missed about org. structure in management classes?
    Last edited by UncleScooter; May 17th, 2005 at 07:59 PM. Reason: added comments

ABW Ambassador
    So for those who were verified and then unverified and still getting the message, do we need to do anything more or just hold tight? Is it one of the issues that is being worked on?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Stephen. Are the first and second batches only going out to those who have somehow been verified. Like many others here my verification since last Friday can no longer be completed. Fess up. Who's getting those checks. Is it just the verified ones?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Well I haven't received a check yet, but I followed your directions and I get the following message:

No Results - The specified criteria didn't result in any data

I guess that means you still haven't cut me a check.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    What a mess!

Edited to say: If your customer service people would talk to affiliates, the CEO would not have to handle the CS issues. Is there something I missed about org. structure in management classes?
    I am beginning to think that customer service is one person; Regina aka Reginald

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Okay....so yeah its up....but in my case I have to hire a mathematician to figure out what is goin on.

I have like what appears to be around 50 to 60 merchants that owe me thousands of dollars still.

hmmm on top of that, some of my merchant payments are for February....whats up with March

I have just looked into my crystal ball and all I see is confusion....I just shook the magical 8 ball and it said no.

With this analytics I can tell almost everything about the transaction, even what color underwear the purchaser was wearing and if they were clean or dirty to boot......how about....who what and when am I gonna get help figuring out what is goin on

Yes I recieved a check this week, but I shouldnt be grateful for recieving it, I earned it, why do I feel like a won a Linkshare prize, I only spent about 40 grand promoting LS merchants in the month of April....and it sure aint pay per clicks.

It is completely inexcusible that I am now in May getting paid for commissions for Feb....I'm sure they would gladly pay for a hamburger on Tuesday....but this isnt a popeye comic strip, and I aint having it any longer.

The difference is.....I do make a difference..From what I have been told ....a pretty big one..Lots and Lots of Sales for Lots and Lots of kesev.....I just looked in the mirror and it doesnt say sucker on my forehead and I am not investing real money into real marketing campaigns for merchants that cannot pay their commisions any longer.

I think what I need to see are some real results not excuses...Settling for any less is not in my vocabulary...in the meantime....I'll be at CJ

I got my check today and followed the steps and got the report. So far so good.

Once the bugs are worked out of this system, it should be pretty sweet. But, from the posts around here, we might still have a ways to go.

Stephen, I know things are pretty hectic on the Linkshare end, but, just from what I read around here, it sounds like you all may need to have a talk with your affiliate support staff when this is all said and done, if not sooner. I think these problems could have been reduced if they had done their jobs better.

Just my 2 cents
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    In the meantime... I'll still be pulling Linkshare merchants... I'm up to the J's... until I get a check

Hey! YOU'LL be getting a CC of the emails should I need written documentation of the zillions of unanswered requests for help.

The SynergyAnalytics product currently only support Internet Explorer 5.0 and above. Click here to return to the affiliate interface.

So, Mr. Messer again ignored our questions about what we should be doing about verification. Guess I'm just not getting paid.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    So, Mr. Messer again ignored our questions about what we should be doing about verification. Guess I'm just not getting paid.
    Well I got paid today, and it was a six dollar check. So your not missing much. Guess that total wouldn't include any of the December bonuses either. I thought 3 months was a long wait for a bonus, who thinks I'll have it next month?

BTW, my validation worked great, but still having trouble getting paid. What are the odds.

Michelle wrote:
    Well I haven't received a check yet, but I followed your directions and I get the following message:

No Results - The specified criteria didn't result in any data
    I got the same thing probably because I am not verified yet.

I wonder whether the new interface has a report similar to the old "payment history" report

marcelle

You know what Stephen ... you fudged up, not once, not twice, not even thrice ... but stinking ROYALLY!

Happy IPO. - It'll Probably be only One ... OOPS there goes my next invite!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I was one of the ones who logged in Thursday to find out that I had been "unvalidated" and entered my home address to get validated. Looking at the reports, I didn't get a 5/11 check but see that a 5/17 check has been authorized.

The report lacks the detail that the old Payment Report had. I can't see manual adjustments. I can't click to see further detail. I can't tell which period the merchant is paying for.

It's a start, but we still have a long way to go just to get back to square one.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Confused?! Me F***ing Too!
    Anyone care to explain this? I followed the steps in the first post of this thread and I am lost?!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ABW Ambassador
    This is all i see:

"We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions."

Support emails go unanswered, phone goes to answering machine, Stephen avoids questions here, no help whatsoever.

Deleted ...

BTW who is looking at tracking when no one gets paid ... ummm yeah ... who? who? who?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    Frustrating is the only way to explain all this. I to am one of the ones who suddenly am left "unverified". I wouldn't care if I knew for sure that everything would work out in time, but I am nervous for the future. I am just about to launch a large site dependent on a certain linkshare merchant and find myself worrying about if I should because of the massive mess at linkshare. I wish some of the larger affiliates would just leave linkshare already...surely they can see they are not helping them much. I guess all we can do is have faith and HOPE everything gets turned around. I sure would hate to be a worker at linkshare....one that has no say but gets to deal with the mess!

15 years and counting
    An other piece of cr@p update. No information. "We are working on and solving groups of issues daily so I will let you know more as we knock them off." To write such nonsense after 6 years in the work is a shame.

Mr Messer:

For your next update, just answer these questions:

Will those many of us that were verified and then suddenly "unverified" last Thursday night receive our checks form the first batch of check sent out? The second batch? The third batch?

Or are we going to have to wait for your internal system errors to be fixed so that we show as verified again before we see a check?

Please answer this - it's what we all want to know. If you don't know the answer, then ask someone until you do know the answer. You act like you're afraid to answer these simple questions.

If you honestly don't know what is going on with this situation, then it's time to release the March checks to everyone, and try to get your act together for April or May checks.

We have been getting paid for years without being verified. Why suddenly do we need verification?

Quote Originally Posted by Jane
    We have been getting paid for years without being verified. Why suddenly do we need verification?
    remember those pesky parasites?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by stannis
    Mr Messer:

For your next update, just answer these questions:

Will those many of us that were verified and then suddenly "unverified" last Thursday night receive our checks form the first batch of check sent out? The second batch? The third batch?

Or are we going to have to wait for your internal system errors to be fixed so that we show as verified again before we see a check?

Please answer this - it's what we all want to know. If you don't know the answer, then ask someone until you do know the answer. You act like you're afraid to answer these simple questions.

If you honestly don't know what is going on with this situation, then it's time to release the March checks to everyone, and try to get your act together for April or May checks.
    I totally agree that the only thing on Linkshare CEO's ajenda today should be to honestly answer the above valid request. I dropped off the verification schedule last Friday as the system in place rejects me without explaination. The Analitics programs shows no payment information available so I assume no check was sent to me in either batch. The third batch will also eliminate paying EcomCity, and anyone else not able to be verified for hard earned back commissions.

More then any other Linkshare affiliate I've had a running dual with Stephen Messer, since the old Cashpile and Revenews forum days. These duals brought about hard won changes for all LS affiliates. May I suggest, for the first time in LS history, that Stephen pick up the phone and dial 586-498-2346 and talk to Mike Hyland. Verify my address ( the same since 1997), check my Whois information which is accurate. Call any of my merchant clients, who rely upon me to design sites that sell products at a steady conversion ratio only LS merchnats can dream about, like www.suspenders.com 1-800-700-4515 and ask for Sal Herman the President ext 20. Then push a button to validate me and make sure I get paid ASAP.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

So can I assume the reason that the check I received yesterday was less than 25% of what it should have been was because the other merchants haven't paid yet?

It would be nice if that section of SynAnal would show the months the payments correspond to for each retailer, because the way it looks to me, the merchants are still going to pay whenever they want to and it's just going to cause even more confusuin.

Something like:

Total Payment: $1000 (Sent 5/10/05)
    Merchant A (March): $300
    Merchant A (April): $200
    Merchant B (March): $400
    Merchant B (April): $100

So we could theoretically get a check in June which has commission earned in March, April and/or May from different retailers, depending on who pays when.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast