Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Exclamation Tip : How to avoid getting a check to the wrong name
    Hi All

If you have managed to validate but got the wrong name listed for the payment name then I highly recommend changing the MANUAL Threshold setting to something high so that you can avoid getting paid until this is all resolved.

Not a solution, but certainly a work around that'll prevent getting checks you can't cash and having to muddle around getting them changed.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Hi All

If you have managed to validate but got the wrong name listed for the payment name then I highly recommend changing the MANUAL Threshold setting to something high so that you can avoid getting paid until this is all resolved.

Not a solution, but certainly a work around that'll prevent getting checks you can't cash and having to muddle around getting them changed.

Cheers

Chris
    I hope linkshare is paying you to come here and give us suggestions. It's pathetic that a merchant (affiliate manager team) is doing the job that a linkshare representative should be doing. "if there are any" ????????

I hope linkshare is paying you to come here and give us suggestions.
    I think it's in everyones best interest that we all try to think of ways we can help each other get through this stage of the change over. I think there are plenty of people finding the errors so we don't need to add much on that area, so a few posts that share ideas can hopefully help get us all around/over/under the problems until they are fully resolved

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Chris, you have been very helpful throughout. Appreciate it.

Tip #2 : How to avoid getting a check to the wrong name.
    Tip #2 : How to avoid getting a check to the wrong name.

If you're a single woman about to get married and you're a Linkshare affiliate, think before you say "I Do"

Unless you keep your maiden name, YOU WILL NOT GET PAID by Linkshare.

If you go to live on a new address with your new husband, YOU WILL NOT GET PAID by Linkshare.

If you're gay and have a sex change, YOU WILL NOT GET PAID by Linkshare.

If you're reading this, it's because you're having problems getting pay by Linkshare, so YOU WILL NOT GET PAID by Linkshare.

So, unless you're willing to do a lot of this: because you like it like this YOU WILL NOT GET PAID by Linkshare, any time soon.

Tip #3 : Don't get married, don't move and don't be gay, so you may then, GET PAID by Linkshare one of this days.

BWT, who am I today?

I'm saving my work around for that till next week, I have a power work around lurking in the shadows .

Cheers

Chris

Mr. Sal.
    Tip #3 : Don't get married, don't move and don't be gay, so you may then, GET PAID by Linkshare one of this days.
    LOL! funny, sad, and true

ABW Ambassador
    What about an individual who has been working as a Sole Proprietor who has now formed a corporation?

Even though I have all my paperwork from the IRS and my bank account set up, the new company did not get verified. I am verified under my own name, and it needs to be changed.

I'd still increase the threshold until it is resolved so you don't need to worry about the checks coming with the wrong name on them.

Cheers

Chris

Bumping the tip.

Talking
    Or a proper setup on your Laser Printer and Wordprocessor.

You'll also need some very weak double-sided-tape. Georgia is a good font, but there may be better ones.

Maybe this is in the wrong thread? Sorry...

Fred

Set the threshold higher to avoid getting paid?????

Are you nuts? I've been trying to get paid for over four frickin weeks!!

Fortunately, if my verification screens are correct, I'll be getting a check to my bussiness name.

Chris, I'm not giving you a bad time...you are one of just a few voices that are brave enough to come here during this fiasco to help affiliates. Now, let me know when you change networks and I'll do more with my NetMagazines sites. :-)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Gr Sacc wrote:
    What about an individual who has been working as a Sole Proprietor who has now formed a corporation?

Even though I have all my paperwork from the IRS and my bank account set up, the new company did not get verified. I am verified under my own name, and it needs to be changed.
    You might want to double-check with your accountant, but I think that since you are the owner of your company you should be able to deposit checks written to you personally, into your company's bank account.

Oh, wait, I forgot, I'm dropping my LS merchants. Sadly, NetMagazines is one of those.

Like I said, let me know when you move to another network.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi Ron

Good question , why indeed.

It is the case that many overseas affiliates got validated with the incorrect payment name listed. So they are getting checks that they can't cash...until the payment name info can be edited it makes no sense to get paid with a check they can't cash

Payment name change should be available in 2-3 weeks.

To set a threshold

To do so:
    1) Log onto your LinkShare account
    2) Click Update Profile
    In the Channel Manager box at the left side of the screen
    3) Click on a channel (icon with blue bar at top of gray box)
    4) In the Payment box input a dollar amount for threshold.
    5) Click Update

Do this for EACH Channel.

Cheers

Chris

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread