Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    What exactly are they verifying.
    In all this talk about all our verification woe's i am still confused. What exactly are they verifying? Our Address? Our Age? What is it? I just wish I knew that much.....lol...and how do they do it...with our ssn? I know my stuff about affiliate marketing all the way up to the point of verification....sigh.

I'm confused :-(

I doubt it has much to do with consolidated checks. If they had the right address & ssn# before.... why screw it up? Speculation- probably some sort of requirement for firms planning to do direct depost.(shudder)
    Could be a cost cutting project. All those checks cost money. printing, postage, stuffing etc.

You know how when you go to one of the online phonebooks and type in a name/city of somebody you're searching for, they always have a link where (for a price) you can get a lot more information about the person? Same sort of thing. In the case of businesses, they're probably using someplace like Dun & Bradstreet.

They're using one of these services to verify that you are who you say you are. Why? Probably because there is so much fraud and corruption going on.

What frustrates me is the whole shooting match isn't working. My business is a corporation. All anybody has to do is go to the State of Florida database and type in the name of the corporation, and they'll see it is a legal entity, uptodate on filing the corporate report, and includes the address of the business, and my name as a corporate officer.

Yet for two weeks now, I can't reregister with Linkshare because my business name/address can't be verified. I even sent them an email with a link to the Florida database last Thursday. Of course, I never got a response.

It would've been far simpler to say:

"If you use Direct Deposit, and your details are not correct, that's your problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Why? Probably because there is so much fraud and corruption going on.
    Perhaps this is an acknowlegment that some folk are gaining commissions fraudulently, and Linkshare are planning on taking action - they need real verified people to take action against...

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    It would've been far simpler to say:

"If you use Direct Deposit, and your details are not correct, that's your problem"
    Sure, but that would be too easy. When you sign up for direct deposit you have to give your name, account number, and mailing address for them to verify with the bank. Once they submit the information to the bank, the bank can verify the information. Took a matter of minutes with CJ.

Tupperware (the company not the affiliate program), actually required a form to be filled out and a voided blank check be sent with it. Linkshare could do that.

Direct deposit has been around for over a decade. It's safer and more secure, and less expensive than writing and mailing checks. Linkshare is so behind the times it's comical. And now that they're attempting to catch up with the times, they're doing a very poor job of it.

Reminds me of back in the days before computers. Everything was done by hand, on typewriters, and sent through the mail. Then computers came along and companies literally went bankrupt trying to automate because they didn't set up the processes to convert from manual methods properly. Looks like the path Linkshare is one now. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if they're going to get their act together before all their affiliates jump ship.

I still think its a shaky step on the way to turn an expense (issuing checks) into a profit making venture.
    I don't know how many here are amazon affiliates, but they offer me 3 ways to get my money.
    1. check- $100 min. PLUS I have to pay a $8 'processing' fee.
    2. take it out in trade (gift cert.)
    3. direct deposit $10 min.

I guarantee amazon makes a profit on the first two options. And direct deposit costs a tiny fraction of what cutting checks does.

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    Perhaps this is an acknowlegment that some folk are gaining commissions fraudulently, and Linkshare are planning on taking action - they need real verified people to take action against...
    I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is the fact that Linkshare took down the old system and tried to implement the new system before it was fully tested and functional.

Anybody whose ever been through the process of making a conversion from one system to another knows that you run both concurrently until you are sure all the bugs are out of the new system and it can run on its own. You don't completely wipe out the old system and start up the new one.

I tried the online chat with Linkshare yesterday. I said I couldn't verify my identity. Response: We're aware of the problem but can't give you an ETA on when it will be fixed.

I said, I'd like to get paid, but I can't get paid until I verify my identity. Response: We have no ETA on when checks will be mailed.

I just sat their in awe starring at the screen. Response: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Anything else? They couldn't even help me with what I contacted them about in the first place.

ABW Ambassador
    I think they are just verifying how inept they are.

And to that I say, SUCCESS!

It seems to me from the postings that in most cases they can only verify home addresses, whereas office addresses, shared offices, po boxes don't seem to be verifiable. Strange that LS assumed that all affiliates would be working from their homes - Wromg assumptions.

I tried to verify my account again today I still get the message that I exceeded the allowed number of attempts even though it was my first attempt today.

Tracy
    I tried the online chat with Linkshare yesterday
    I don't seem to able to get online chat to work. Any ideas on how to get it to work. Everytime I click on the online chat button I get the LS login screen.

marcelle

It seems to me from the postings that in most cases they can only verify home addresses, whereas office addresses, shared offices, po boxes don't seem to be verifiable.
    Not the case with us. Our home address is what we have listed as our business address and has always been listed with LS and we've lived here for 15 years. And it's the same address that IRS knows as our business address. We were verified last week and now are un-verified.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    Not the case with us. Our home address is what we have listed as our business address and has always been listed with LS and we've lived here for 15 years. And it's the same address that IRS knows as our business address. We were verified last week and now are un-verified.
    Same here. I was verified with my Legal Name and Home Address, until last Thursday.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    And I was verified with my name and business PO box address, until last Thursday.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I use my home address as my business address. I've been at the same address for four years, getting LinkShare checks for four years. They have my SSN, which matches, again, my HOME ADDRESS. What the **** needs to be verified? My middle initial? My street being spelled out Street or St or nothing? My zip code having the plus four? Grrrrrrr, what?

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread