The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Worth a Shot
    There was a fluff piece in the Sunday magazine section about a women who mediates business disputes.

When it gets to the point where (I'll substitute Affiliates and Linkshare where applicable) affiliates are yelling and calling Linkshare names...

Then Linkshare can only either call names back, or deny there's a problem, or "throw us a bone" here and there to diffuse the situation

Both parties can either wait until someone backs down, admits they were wrong, etc... which wastes time and profits... and may not even happen

Point is... the only way to solve problem and move on... knowing no one can undo the past... is

Step back and decide what each party wants - in order to move forward

So perhaps if we post ONE thing at a time of what we need to move on, each issue can be addressed with no name calling... and both parties can go back to a profitable relationship

(Suggest we avoid asking the ONE question we all want to know - WTF are we getting paid - because it is currently tied to the new verification process - so we would need to address that first)

Hope it works

The first thing I need to get verified is step-by-step instructions on how to get thru all 4 steps.

Currently there is a well-hidden FAQ page, but it justs touts the merits of the process, doesn't provide instructions or answer any questions that arise during the application process

The first thing I need to get verified is step-by-step instructions on how to get thru all 4 steps.

Currently there is a well-hidden FAQ page, but it justs touts the merits of the process, doesn't provide instructions or answer any questions that arise during the application process
    actually, the first think you (we) need are answers without spin.

Herb

There's 50 different post here each with 50 different problems

I think LS can basically do what they are doing "Thanks for bringing up the zillion issues/we're tackling them in groups"

If we can somehow deal with one at a time, fix it, and move on... at some point...

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Billy,

That certainly sounds like a reasonable and constructive approach.

LS what do you think?

ABW Ambassador
    I think the problem is they can't give step to step instructions because they are lost themselves or they would have already. Anything that is happening now is 100% on Linkshare because of the lack of communication. People have posted not getting their support email answered, problems with live chat, affiliate support phone number going to an answering machine, Stephen not answering questions and people's checks are getting held up because they went live with a non-working system. What I want is this message to go away:

"We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions."

Have no idea what piece since everything is correct. I want someone from LS to give me step to step instructions on how to work thru this, when they figure it out themselves. I want some communication.

Hey give him a break, the man has got a cold!!!!
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

No one is arguing the problems aren't big - of Biblical proportions (Bill Murray)

No one is arguing that to us affiliates they are silly and ludicrous (Hey I've lived here for 100 years, whattaya mean you can't verify that)

We've all reached the point where we wish we could make ourselves invisible and visit the offices of Linkshare corporation and throw tomatoes at certain people there

I'm sure Trust is right when he says there are no step-by-step instructions because they themselves don't know.

Welll... let's all start at page one - us affiliates AND Linkshare - and learn together what it takes to get to page two

We can go back to calling them names later - but first let's find out one step at a time - what we need to do to get a check

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread