Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My account was terminated without any reasons
    Yesterday, all of my links were deactivated. I cannot login into my account. When I try to contact them, linkshare told me that my account was terminated. Here is what they say:

"Your affiliate account in the LinkShare Network has been terminated pursuant to the terms of LinkShare's Terms and Conditions".

And told me to contact invalid@linkshare.com for further info. When I contact invalid@linkshare.com why my account was terminated, here is their reply:

" Dear Affiliate:

Under the terms of your Affiliate Membership Agreement, LinkShare has the right
    to terminate your participation in the Network in its sole discretion, with or
    without cause.
    As a general matter, we have a policy not to disclose the
    reasons that lead to a decision to terminate an account.

Thank you,
    LinkShare corporation "

Does anybody has the same experience?

regards,
    Sjarief

Somebody posted exactly the same thing earlier this morning:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=58381

l@rger_th@n_life
    Hello,

Why is linkshare even so successfulll, everyday there is always a negative post about linkshare. I dont know how they are still surviving.

Lately, every day the large majority of posts have been negative.

15 years and counting
    Sjarief, it's hard to answer. We don't know you, we don't know your business, and we don't know what they have found (or not). But, how can they send such an email? Unbelievable. I can disclose my thinking. This company is run by idiots.

LinkShare is quickly becoming the poster child for "How Not to Run A Network."

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I'm sorry for you troubles.

It seems ridiculous that they can't at least tell an affiliate why they are killing their account. I know they have their little agreement loophole, but that doesn't mean they can't at least give a reason out of professional courtesy. What if an affiliate does something not realizing it's negative (aside from obvious spam, etc.)? They should at least be given the chance to correct their mistake - after all, aren't we expected to wait - and wait - for LS to correct ALL OF THEIRS?

If their conversion is too low, tell them! If you think their site is indecent because of the penis enlargement ad, tell them! If you decided to kill XXX accounts to ease your troubles 'just because', then tell them.... At least they can know exactly what happened when they ***** about you to everyone that'll listen!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

I've check the other thread, I see one condition is the same with me, I'm not living in US nor US citizen. So may be Linkshare don't like overseas affiliates...

Sjarief

15 years and counting
    So, if it's the reason, is it too hard for them to tell you. No, sorry, we don't accept foreign affiliates anymore. This email from LinkShare is just telling us what kind of company they are.

ABW Ambassador
    "Under the terms of your Affiliate Membership Agreement, LinkShare has the right
    to terminate your participation in the Network in its sole discretion, with or
    without cause. As a general matter, we have a policy not to disclose the
    reasons that lead to a decision to terminate an account."

That was their reply? So they can terminate you without cause and don't have to tell you why. Crazy. It's like they don't want to do crazy half ass, they want to go all the way with it.

I really hate to leave linkshare, not because I love linkshare, but they have many good merchants that easily fit my websites. I just hope there are other alternatives... (sigh....)

Sounds more like their new third party verification service has no way to verify somebody outside the U.S. borders.

Angry
    If you was terminated, what about your money ? Did they keep it ? I think so.

Good question. They've totally blocked them from even logging into LS when they terminated the affiliation.

One of my friends was terminated by LS this days. He was with LS about year. As all of us, he waiting for march payment. Guess what ? He was terminated without reason, no reply from LS, no cheks, no money
    And the sum was about 3k. Verynice

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Terminating all foreign affiliates? That's probably a botch-up, that resulted somehow from their other botch-up.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

15 years and counting
    How can they keep the money after closing an account? What have they done with all the checks lost in the mail, sent to wrong addresses during all these years... Somebody need to check these people closely. I'll like to know if all or part of that money was credited to the merchants.

Zeus, is this a joke about credited money ? Do you belive this ? If they got money for March payment from merchant and then closed your account, then they can go shopping with your money

15 years and counting
    I'm pretty serious, I don't like others to play with my money. They have earned 30% of that money, that's fine, but I want to do what they are doing with the 70%, it means 100% of the forfeited affiliate commission.

shilmy, same here bro.. maybe because we came from same country (indo). My account was terminated without any reasons too...i have been with linkshare for a year. and now what we must do? have been contact invalid@linkshare.com and they give me the same answer.. huh...

Shilmy, I've found this thread today and I can say that you are even lucky to hear from LS - I have already sent 2 e-mails to them regarding my account, but no reply.

The only company who still cares is Overstock (why don't they have their in-house program?). They promised to clarify the matter, but I think there's a little hope.

As I have posted at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=58381 I've got consolidated check today (took just 7 days to reach Ukraine, fanstastic!). Does anybody know what to do with it? I suppose I have all rights to cash it, I have earned this money and waited too long for it. And will wait a month more during cashing procedure..

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Serglu,

Why on earth would you wait to cash the check?? You deserve it. It's your money! They can't forfit money owed to you just because they decided to drop you for no apparent reason. I say shame on them, and laugh all the way to the bank.

~Lisa~
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Quote Originally Posted by Serglu
    Shilmy, I've found this thread today and I can say that you are even lucky to hear from LS - I have already sent 2 e-mails to them regarding my account, but no reply.
    Yeah, but I couldn't do anything based on their answer, since basically they're just saying they can terminate you anytime they want, with or without reasons.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi all-

The Athena registration process has many objectives. As you know, one of them is to help LinkShare combat fraud and invalid activity and to preemptively address accounts with high potential of fraud. We are implementing various measures to manage against sources of high levels of invalid activity. As we match your registration or updated profile information against various indicies of fraud, we understand it is possible for an honest affiliate to be identified as high risk and being terminated. If you feel you are one of them, feel free to appeal your termination in writing to invalid [at] linkshare.com. We’ll investigate and re-instate you if you’ve been wrongly terminated. Please understand that the scope of the invalid activity from these sources has been rampant enough that we couldn’t terminate affiliates matching the criteria on a one by one basis. Invalid activity costs us all money in the end, and we’re hopeful that you’ll understand that this move will make the network a better place.

Best regards,
    Stephen

Okay, here we go again, Sorry affiliates if we cancel you because our fraud filter (just like our email spam filter) is set too high. We appologize for any inconvenience while your income is being taken from you and while your business goes down the drain. Might we recommend a good bankruptcy lawyer in the meantime.

My God, I can't believe the genuine way you show how little you care for us as business partners. It's bad enough you have been holding back commission checks for over four weeks for some of us (me included), but to drop affiliates without first consulting with them or giving them some kind of warning is just plain heartless.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; May 22nd, 2005 at 11:56 AM.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast