Merchant question: Need a membership management software & advice
    Hi,

I'm a very inexperienced affiliate...have a couple websites & a blog with Google ads & they just pay a little more than the cost of hosting them LOL! Although, I've tried out a few other affiliate networks, I haven't made any money with them, but haven't really tried. All this to say, I admire & appreciate your hard work as affiliates.

My question today, though, is about a website I'm building for law students (I'm an older law student myself). This will be a membership site. I'm trying to build it as affiliate friendly as possible, and have been reading your posts. I know I need your help to get this going.

The problem I have, is that Shareasale (or any other networks) dosn't support subscription billing. I also haven't found a membership management software that will work with Shareasale. I've emailed back & forth with David at Shareasale, but he doesn't know of a membership management software that will work with Shareasale.

So, if I want to do business with Shareasale, I need help finding a membership management software solution that will take the student to the member area after they pay.

I have found a membership management solution: Membership Client Pro, which would only cost me $10/month including support, and it will work with Clickbank.

Either way, I'm going to somehow have to manage reminding people to re-subscribe. Ugh.

If I want recurrent billing, I'd have to start my own indie affiliate program.

Any help would be very much appreciated. The site won't be ready for at least a month, and perhaps several months.

I didn't find much in the way of a merchant forum here. If there is one, can someone steer me the right way? Or if there's another good forum somewhere on the net?

Thanks much for any help & suggestions. I'd sure rather use an established network. As I'm a one person band here, I'd rather share the work & the profits than try & do it all myself!

Karen Kelly

Update,

Did find a post on membership program that will at least handle the reminders to re-subscribe automatically... aMember Pro. So, I've found the answer to the subscription renewal, although, it's a shame that the affiliate won't get another commission.

I wonder if I make the cookie so that it doesn't expire, if the affiliate would get credited again?

Anyway, I've emailed aMember Pro to ask if they can make it work with Shareasale. They list a TON of compatible shopping carts, including Clickbank, so hopefully, they'll say yes.

Karen

I thought SAS supported reoccurring payments/commissions.

Hopefully Brian will respond to this, because Im in the same boat. I am developing a website which will be a monthly fee and wanted to have commissions paid to affiliates each month

Wink aMember Pro will work with Shareasale for Membership Sales
    Hi Kend,

I received an email this morning from Alex Scott at aMember Pro:

"Karen,

aMember Pro will work with shareasale.com without any problems.

--
    Alex Scott "
    https://www.amember.com/

This software looks sooooo perfect & they give good customer service & free install, too. It even automatically retrieves lost passwords. Also has an automated re-subscribe feature, where it emails a reminder, and automatically turns off their access when expired...but...they can still use their user name & password to re-subscribe. All automated. Ahhhhhhhh.

In a way, this is funny, because I had given up on doing memberships & had decided to just sell the software (which I had planned to make available to members-only section online), and decided to just put some free samples people could play with online & just go for traffic & Google ads & a few software & merchandise sales.

Now I have to reconsider! LOL. Just when I think I have it figured out...I get another option to research. aye aye aye.

Switching gears back to the membership idea...The bummer is that it appears we can't do recurring affiliate commissions with memberships. So, what I thought I'd do is offer a few membership options, such as 1 month trial for those who don't want to commit long term (which would be more expensive per month than other options), and 6 month & 12 months subscriptions. I could put the merchandise & software sales in the landing pages for more commissions, too.

I know Shareasale can handle both merchandise & downloadable products, but I'm not sure if aMember can handle non-member type purchases (software download & merchandise). I just sent Alex an email to find out. If not, I may just put the merchandise in the members-only area & use a different shopping cart there. At least there wouldn't be any "leaks" in the affiliate sales pages. Plus, it may be more incentive for people for membership sales. Only members get the groovy t-shirts. (Do you really think law students won't see through that? LOL)

At any rate, I wanted to start with memberships & it looks like I can do that now. And figure the rest out later. If I have to, I can hide the "leaks" inside the member area, if I can't find a shopping cart that can handle everything I want to do (and can afford).

Can you tell I've been researching options until my head is spinning.... I'm going to shut up now & go have a glass of wine.

Karen

And you thought I was going to shut up..... (grin).

I just signed off here, went to check the email real quick & Alex had already responded! Guess he burns the midnight oil, too! This is from the aMember Pro help ticket area:
    ===================================================
    Your message on Fri, 20th May 2005 3:46 am
    Hi Alex,

Wow. This looks perfect. One more question. Can aMember Pro handle a sale which would include, say, a t-shirt as well as a membership. Shareasale said they can at their end. Looks like aMember can handle it, but want to be sure.

For instance, it's possible I'd have memberships for sale, as well as t-shirts, and maybe even downloadable software. Can aMember Pro do it all?

Thanks,

Karen Kelly
    =======================================

Message by alexander on Fri, 20th May 2005 3:52 am
    Sure it can.

--
    Alexander

=======================================

I think Alex is our man!

G'night,

Karen

I've been using aMember for one of my sites for about a year now and I really dig it.

I'm using it for software sales, but the automation and support are great.

Can I take a peek at your membership site?
    Hi Rodney,

Can I take a peek at your site? If you can't post it here, you can email me at esquirette2007@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Karen

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread