A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    What clickthrough to conversion stats are good??
    What I mean is, in everyone's opinion, at what percentage are your clickthrough to conversions considered low, average, above average, and high? I am having a hard time figuring this out. For example, on one network, one of my sites since January 1 has had 7,167 clickthroughs, which only turned 434 sales (although many sales are multiple items, but that's besides the point here). So my percentage rate is 1.73%. To me this is very low, but I have seen other similar stats mentioned on here favorably, so I want to get a very clear picture of what I should look for - what I should pat myself on the back for - and what I should kick my self in the arse over.

I'm hoping some of you experienced veterans will offer me the benefit of your expertise.

Thank you all for your help!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

lurk
    1.73% conversion rate? I think your math is a little off heh.. If you had 7167 clicks and 434 sales from those clicks that would equate to a 6% conversion ratio. Which in my opnion is great!

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Yeah, that's right. Sorry, my numbers were wrong. Duh! The total orders were 127... I was looking at the total items column. **smacks head** The question is still open though! But jrod, you're saying that 6% is a great click to order ratio in your opinion? Cool. I guess I have some work to do...

Any other comments on this?
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Action Jackson - King of the World
    The problem with click thru versus sales is you don't know how many clicks are actual clicks and not spiders. If you can somehow verify it anything over 1% is decent IMO

We should always look at on the percentage ratio...

jackson992 : if your using a redirect script and store your affiliate url's in a database,
    you filter out all robots/spiders from going to the redirect script. Or if you want your 'redirect' pages to be indexed and fill the search engine with redirects, you could check whether the user-agent is a robot/spider and redirect to an alternate site, getting your page indexed as redirect.php?blah and when a visitor finds it in se it takes them to your affiliate url.
    (i don't recommend the second option,i think it's a bad way to do things, but ive seen sites that do it. I prefer option 1. This is a way to keep the robots/spiders out of your click-through stats)

CPA Network Rep MarketLeverageSal's Avatar
    Really depends on the offer in question, you know? Which are you referring to? Thanks

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread