Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Based on evidence i have seen, and a phone converstion with Paul last week, as of today, we are no longer associated with Ebates.

quote:
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 1:21 PM
    To: 'Paul Nichols'
    Cc: 'sjangro@befree.com'; Bruce Matthews
    Subject: TigerDirect - Ebates relationship

Dear Paul,

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that as of today, December 3, 2002, I am deactivating the Ebates affiliate account with TigerDirect and placing it under review. This means you will not be earning any affiliate commissions beyond this date until your account is activated again.

The reason for this action is:

1) It has been brought to our attention and we have seen positive proof to indicate that the Ebates "Moe Money Maker" application is redirecting and overwriting affiliate and search engine links.

2) Any member of Ebates that have downloaded the "Moe Money Maker" application will automatically be redirected to an Ebates frame and the originating affiliate link from the originating affiliates site will be overwritten with the Ebates affiliate link, thus not allowing the original affiliate to get credit or earn their commission on the sale. This is also occurring on any traffic originating from any search engine, causing the merchant to pay Ebates for search engine traffic as well that originated from the search engine .

Paul, we don't believe that any one company owns the internet or internet users. We don't believe that any company should have the right to divert, overwrite or alter any other publishers links. Your "Moe Money Maker" application does just that to the many independent publishers on the internet. Many of those are TigerDirect affiliate partners and we don't condone and will not accept such behavior. We don't believe that any publisher should receive compensation by overwriting affiliate or search engine links on any website not owned by that publisher. In our opinion, just because an internet user may have downloaded a publisher's software at some point onto his computer, doesn't give the right for that publisher to interfere, overwrite and divert traffic or compensation due to the original publisher or search engine where the link originally started.

Paul, I have spent over a year building and earning the trust of thousands of our affiliate partners. I work with many of my partners in very close relationships and I can't allow this to go on within our program. TigerDirect is listed as a "coupon only" merchant on Ebates, we are not associated with your "Moe Money Maker" program and we don't offer any "rewards" to your members. You are still an affiliate though and you confirmed to me on the phone that you do overwrite search engine links as well. We will not pay Ebates an affiliate commission on any traffic that does not originate at Ebates and is redirected from search engines or affiliate sites.

I respectfully ask that you remove any links and references to TigerDirect from your site. We no longer wish to be associated in any way with Ebates as long as you have the current business model. As of today, your Ebates account at TigerDirect is de-activated.

There are many discussions and resolutions on the table with the different networks. Once this situation is resolved and we are sure that no affiliate traffic will be diverted, I may reconsider this decision.

Please feel free to get back to me when we can continue offering your visitors our great deals. We don't have any problem paying any publisher affiliate commissions as long as the sales originate at that publishers site.

Thank you in advance for your time in this matter,

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Program Manager

TigerDirect.com
    7795 W. Flagler St, Ste 35
    Miami, Fl 33144
    P: (305) 415-2313
    F: (305) 415-2149
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub
    _______________________________________________***______________________
    Have you joined our NEW TigerDirect forum yet? You will find over
    6,000 affiliates that share your same interest - making money on
    the web. Join me at the Tiger forum: http://www.tigeraffiliates.com

Do you have our newest links?
    Go to www.reporting.net and see what's new !!
    _______________________________________________*_______________________

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com

ABW Ambassador
    Job Well Done!
    Thanks for all your hard work!
    Cazzie

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Andy, YOU ROCK!

I think everyone benefits by your actions and as a fellow merchant, it makes me feel even more comfortable with our decision.

Way to go!

Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

Thank you

Game on!!!!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    As usual Andy, kudos to you!

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

YOU DA MAN!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Way to go, Andy!

Andy,

You are the Best!!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Andy I am proud to know you. Way to go.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Great. Maybe a few more votes in the awards now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

- you deserve it!

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Andy,

Adding Tiger Direct links to one of my tech sites in honor of this event. Only about 9K visitors last month (it's only 2 months old!), but hopefully we'll send some new sales your way!

L4

Nice one Andy

...maybe you should have tweaked your sig first though - I'm not sure it applies to ebates [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Are you Crazy?

A true man of honour.

15 years and counting
    Andy,
    You are doing more for true affiliate markeking than anybody else.
    You're the real parasite exterminator.
    No money, no parasite.
    You're showing the way to other merchants
    You're the best.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Look4:
    Andy,

Adding Tiger Direct links to one of my tech sites in honor of this event. Only about 9K visitors last month (it's only 2 months old!), but hopefully we'll send some new sales your way!

L4

L4,

I'm going to be going the BCS route. I'm going to be asking for loyalty and dedication. I can work with any affiliate partner in a 100% commited partnership, i am going to ask the same as Brian did. You all want a true partnership? Remove any of our competitors that dilute our sales. When our affiliates have several computer merchants on their sites, it dilutes their clicks and our sales as well.

I have and will continue to bend over backwards for my partners, there are many here that have sites deicated to Tiger, i can name several, you know who they are, i will be asking the same from many others. You want to make money, you want to dance, let's go.

The one's here that have dedicated sites are the ones making the most money. Don't dilute your visitors.

Let's see how dedicated the rest of our affiliate partners are when i ask to feature Tiger exclusively.

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com

I am already totaly dedicated on one site Andy the other has just one page of another merchants stuff, as soon as I reach the $25.00 he's gone.

Lets sell!

BTW Andy could you please answer my question on the Andy thread, and while your here would you take a walk past the sales switch and make sure mine has not been turned off? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Just in case anyone may miss the true significance of what Andy and TD have done, I would like to point it out.

TD had already terminated ebates use of the MMM in connection with their store many months ago. That means that all revenue being derived from ebates was "legit", that is was coming from clickthroughs from ebates site. The revenue they we receiving, prior to day, was not pilfered from other TD affiliates, bookmarks, search engines, or direct type ins, since ebates was not allowed to run TD through MMM.

What Andy and TD have done today is based on ethics and principle. They have scarificed revenue because it was the "right" thing to do. What other companies have taken such a bold step? TD is a very profitable company. They are viable proof that ethics can work in the business world and the business still thrive. Something that many businesses have seemed to have forgotten. Andy may work his @ass off to achieve what he does, but he is able contribute to the successfullness of TD in an honorable way.

The stance the TD and Andy has taken today should be remembered in every affiliates mind for a very long time.

Xandman stands upright and bends his arm to offer a respectful salute to Andy

I certainly appreciate the stand Andy and TD are taking and hope this is contagious. In case you didn't see my happy faces earlier..

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    BLFH, your message would be served better if it was directed toward merchants and supports the post I submitted earlier this afternoon to the Merchants Opposed to Parasiteware forum that supposedly is being reviewed. I would encourage you and Haiko to release my post on that forum so that affiliates can benefit even more from TigerDirect's actions.

ABW Ambassador
    We need a Rimmer salute. If you have not seen Red Dwarf, you have missed the best thing to come out of Blighty.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Way to go, Andy, I am really proud of you and TD. My site is already TD exclusive, not even an eBay banner, lol!

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

quote:
    I would encourage you and Haiko to release my post on that forum so that affiliates can benefit even more from TigerDirect's actions.

BFT,

Do you mean you have a post in moderation review? I'm not sure if I have priveleges there or not. I'll try and find out for you though.

Andy has sent a message that is relevant to both affiliates (gratitude and encourage) and merchants (a lesson to learn).

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, that's what I mean. Apparently all new topics posted to that forum are qeued (sp?) for review before they are displayed.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Andy I knew in early August 2001 that you were a man dedicated to showing the pay per performance industry that honest hard working affiliates coupled with a merchant seeking sales ..not advertising.. would bear fruit. It did for me beginning in September 2001 and has grown every day since. I invited you personally to come here to learn -share and bury your competition and show the affiliates AM's do make a difference.

Others hopefully will emulate your program but few can match your dedication and honest helpful character. As always it's been a pleasure to work with you. You already get 95% of all my computer shopper clicks and I just need the others like IBM for shopper creditability and newest model selections. I push price and service, and on the service side I've got thousands of happy TD customers.

Am I still your campaign manager for ABW affiliate manager of the year? If so ..I quit since your a shoe-in cinch.

WebMaster Mike

That does it for me. Where do I go again to get my TD links? I'm putting them up on my site again whether they sell anything or not. I just want to show my support for such a fine company.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast