Caught My Son Playing With Parasites
    You'll love this. Took my 11 year old to scouts Monday night and when we got back he told me there were pop ups all over the screen that were not there when he left. Hmmmmmm....

Upon questioning my 13 year old son it seems he was indeed on the computer during that time but has no recolection of doing anything that he was not supposed to. Hmmmmmmm....

Okay, I clicked on the History button on the browser and, OH MY!, every major parasite name I've read here had been there corrupting my son.

Time to call in the professional! That would be my 18 year old son. LOL We hope he never leaves home as we have a whole network of computers at our house now and I've left all the set up and cleaning of machines to him.

Oldest son said it was the worst he had ever seen. He could not even close the pop ups as others would replace them each and every time. It was a mess but he fixed it.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Exclamation
    Amazing how a free screensaver -a Kwell freebee game of the latest P2P pilfering of a P Ditty MP3 music track can soil the families surfing experience. Be Glad your 18 year old is a BHO gunslinger.....I charge a 100.00 + pizza for house calls..
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

My son does not charge me for the service, but I pay and pay in other ways. LOL

Gradualtes from High School next Monday. Ahhhhh, those were the days. Luckily he is going to our local state univeristy so I'll have him here at least another four years.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Sorry, not thread related post, I saw, "Caught My Son Playing With..." and thought "oh no, not playing with, well you know." hahaha!

You been following the Michael Jackson case closely, have you?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by dflsports
    Sorry, not thread related post, I saw, "Caught My Son Playing With..." and thought "oh no, not playing with, well you know." hahaha!
    dflsports,

That is a excuse, because the Title of this thread is:

So admit it, you was triying to make a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    You been following the Michael Jackson case closely, have you?
    Come on SSanf,

That is even funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Big Deal 7-days,

What is wrong with that?

Don't you remember when you was little that you might had played with earth worms too, how about those times when you was even playing alone with yourself, remember those days?....

I rather catch my son Playing With Parasites any time, before I catch my son Playing with dolls or even worse, Playing With the guy that SSanf mentioned above.

Disclaimer: While the last two smilies above might look offensive to some here, that is your problem, not mine, if anyone don't like the last smilie, report this post to Haiko, or just ignore this post, life is too short for me to worry about some card dealer smilie that looks like he's doing something else.

-----------------

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    dflsports,

That is a excuse, because the Title of this thread is:

So admit it, you was triying to make a joke.
    Umm, yes I was trying to make a joke, lighten up. If you read the thread from the home page http://forum.abestweb.com/ it does say, I caught my son playing with... Not the whole title.

any how, those of use with boys might have found some humor in it, if not, oh well :P

In my case, it's my 19 y.o. daughter. This was the toughest case I've ever seen (seriously). I ran Micr*s*ft's beta tool, Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, a tool called "VX2finder," another tool called "hijackThis," one called "KillBox," another called "DllCompare," and finally - MS' "Malicious Software Removal tool."

Then I spent another half-hour going through the registry to clean up the stuff that all of those tools missed. Sadly, they all missed something.

Why can't we go over to the folks that bring us the spy/ad-ware and blow up their building or something?

And where did I read that someone supported ad-ware because it was protected by the First-Amendment!? Incredible....

Sorry for the soap-box ... I'm still pissed from wasting all that time today.

So Ron, my hats off to you - you've got someone to help clean up the mess - he sounds like a good kid!

Fred

Fred,

We really need to wipe the computer clean, it was so bad, but for now my 18 year old simply reset the registry (or whatever it is they do) to a period before the parasites invaded my computer. Everything was gone and it worked great. The parasitic software is still on my computer, but evidently, with the old registry it does not know it is there. At least that is the cliffs notes version of what my son tried to tell me.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Feel fortunate you have some Adwhore gunslingers in your household. SpywareBlaster has a simple registry save feature that comes in handy for restoring old clean boot files. Once resprted always boot into SAFE mode and run both anti-virus scans and the Adware/Spyware removal tools. Most new infestations bundles disable anti-virus programs and the legit Spyware removal tools.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread