Affiliate Manager
    As of today, collectiblestoday.com has terminated its affiliate relationship with Ebates.

A weeks worth of testing, talks with affiliates and a phone conversation with Ebates later, we reaffirmed our commitment to being parasiteware free by removing them from the program.

------------------------

Dear Affiliate,

The Ebates and collectiblestoday.com partnership has been extremely profitable in recent months. It is unfortunate that due to the recent marketing tactics employed by Ebates through its MMM “utility” we no longer wish to continue the partnership. This is a notification of the termination of the affiliate relationship between Ebates and collectiblestoday.com as of December 3rd, 2002.

Internal testing as well as talks with other valued partners have convinced us that the Ebates utility and its manner of redirecting links is inconsistent with our business philosophy. Collectiblestoday.com is committed to keeping our affiliate partner program fair for each one of our partners and will not support any affiliate indulging in activities that may deprive others of their rightful compensation.

Kindly remove all links to collectiblestoday.com by Wednesday, December 4th 2002 as they will be de-activated. All commissions earned up till Tuesday, December 3rd, 2002 will be paid out.

Till such time that Ebates does not reach a resolution for the current situation, we may not be able to reconsider this decision.

Regards,
    Mitul Gandhi

collectiblestoday.com
    Affiliate Partner Service Team
    affiliates@collectiblestoday.com

-------------------------------------

I hope this allays the concerns of each one of our affiliate partners...

Happy Holidays to all of you... and best wishes to making the sales goals you aim for without worrying about being stolen from!

Mitul Gandhi

collectiblestoday.com
    affiliates@collectiblestoday.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Very smart move Mitul Gandhi. One I anticipated you'd take when I brought it to your attention while putting up links to Collectablestoday and taking down GoCollect.

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

Thank you collectiblestoday.com!

I wish other merchants would also see that what is happening is not good for them, their affiliates, or anyone else. The only one getting any benefit is eBates.

I also hope you consider that they haven't kept their word in the past, and if they do indeed "clean up their act" again, they can just as easily start up their dirty deeds again. Remember this before you welcome them back into your program.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Nice move to rid yourselves of them.
    I tracked your site down prior to reading and (gasp) even though a BF merchant I signed up. Now I just need approval. Nice looking site and products. I could certainly use some collectable products that could convert sales from my traffic.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Dang! I wish I had time to get more of the GOOD merchants up. Wasting my time on rats who let me down!!

Totally re-doing my bookstore now that Amazon has streightened out. Will take days. Have to replace those danged shoes. My big Pagan merchant, the new, one screwed the whole site up and the links I have aren't paying any more. Have have go back to you-know-who again, fast. One of the plus size merchants has parasites..has to go. Grrr.....

Need to do more on the camping site and the gardening and herbs.

Well, when that is done. I will put up collectables.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Affiliate Manager
    Walleye Warrior, we have a program running with Performics too in case you like that better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And i'm looking forward to seeing you in the program Ssanf... i wish we had come to this board earlier and made our stance clear on this before the holiday season was passing us by... yet... a lot to look forward to in the New year...

Cheers!
    Mitul

collectiblestoday.com
    Home to All Things Collectible!

http://www.collectiblestoday.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Mitul

The web site I have at performics is different than the site I requested at BF
    Performics won't answer if I can use both sites for my one account. Their lack of responses to e mails is pathetic actually. I only registered once and I have no interest in opening another performics account for each site.
    Do you want me to fast track this and e mail what account I applied for at BF for approval?

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Hello mgandhi,

Glad To know your stance on Ebates Do you handle the program at Befree too? i wish i found CT in november [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Anyway, Its never too late to do the right thing.

BTW, You Name reminds me of Mahatma Gandhi! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I guess Cindy is the Affiliate manager at Befree. She is doing an excellent job. Pls remind her of my Search Box Codes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

How about opening your own forum on ABW?

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Baccillus,

You're right.. I manage the BeFree program too and work with Cindy on that... You should have the search box codes soon (this week)... Cindy's been after me for that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A forum for collectiblestoday is definitely something to think about.. hmmmm....

Cheers!
    Mitul

ps: The little joys of carrying a famous last name... Instant recognition... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Walleye Warrior,

Email me the site you use on BeFree... also, i'll get you an answer from Performics on using the code for one site on another ...

will keep you posted..

Regards,
    Mitul

collectiblestoday.com

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/aff/aff_home.jsp

ABW Ambassador
    Darn! Now I have another quality merchant to work into my site. More work!!!

Thanks collectiblestoday.com. Smart move for the long haul!

Now I don't have any excuses to put off making those dozens of individual product links at Performics!!

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Mitul, we did get a page up on that site if you want to take look, but any word on if product links may be openly available any time soon.

WW

Affiliate Manager
    Hey Walleye Warrior,

Pages look great [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] will write to you about products which are a runaway success on our site...

Is it the direct product linking you are referring to?

Cheers!
    Mitul

ABW Ambassador
    Yes looking for some direct product links. Not the kind of ones that would constantly be in and out your door as it makes no sense to list those. More or less iin some different cataegories where in stock in the norm. Not a major panic, will see what happens with the page we put up.

WW

Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread