Patch NOT WORKING - No Verification
    I still can't get verified. Trying to verify as sole proprietor.

I enter my company name and address

What am I supposed to put as my address down below? Do I need my home address down there? I am really tired of trying 10 different combinations. What exactly is it that can't be verified?

15 years and counting
    If you're not S. Messer girl friend, it's not going to work. Sorry. He's verified. He did his best to check the system.

Well *****ing isn't going to help. Let's just report the problems.

I can't verify as an individual either.

15 years and counting
    I'm well over *****ing... Do you need a new thread just for you?

15 years and counting
    Jane, sorry for what I said, forget it. I'm just upset. Nothing against you. One day I can find my LinkShare payment, next day it's gone. It's driving me crazy. I'm sure, you don't need that.

No prob just thought it might be useful if people would post what they are doing and if they make a change and can get verified. But at this point as I guess it is clear that it has nothing to do with the information being entered. The system is just screwed

I had to get a DBA before I could get a mail box and a bank account. That was years ago, I guess it must have my home address on it since it came before the mail box. My business address in on my business checks, this is where linkshare has and should continue to send my checks. My bank however mails statements to my home address. So you can see why I am confused as about which information to even enter into the stupid form.

Then there is the thing about people always misspelling my name, and I have 2 phone numbers. I don't even know who I am anymore
    Last edited by Jane; May 20th, 2005 at 12:35 PM. Reason: additon

15 years and counting
    Thanks for your understanding. I've seen so many people on that board working hard to make a living to pay for their medical bills, to care for a sick child... I don't have words strong enough to describe what Messer is doing. I should not be so upset because I've no problem myself, but you don't run a business the way he's doing it. He's not telling the truth and nothing works the way it should be. It's just patches after patches... Once again, sorry.

I have made it past the first verification screen. I used my name the way it is on my biz credit card. First 2 initals and my last name. Now I am having trouble with the rest of the form.

I think, only sniper can help us

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi all –

I just want to clear up some confusion, and let you know what we’re working on it right now and will continue to do so through the weekend. There's been some confusion about what was launched in March and why all of a sudden the validation problems. On March 3, we launched the new registration process. That was not a validation process. The validation process launched later, a couple of weeks ago. We had some matching issues that we’ve worked through for individuals. We've been making some adjustments and changes along the way, including a major one in the last day, so if you were having problems updating your profile info prior to today, you should try again. If you are still unsuccessful, please contact affiliate support during regular business hours (M-F 9-6 ET) with any specifics you can share. If you are a business (corporation, partnership, LLC, etc.) and are having trouble getting verified, please know that we are continuing to work with our verification provider on this. I’ll keep you updated as soon as I know more.

Best regards,
    Stephen

Wouldn't it have been helpful to tell affiliates that the verifictation process was not automatic? I assumed it was. And what if folks make changes to their registration info, is the verifcation done right then, hours later, days later? I've asked this before but still no answer.

Still, why are you posting all this here and not sending this by email to all affiliates. Not everyone that has problems reads ABW. You need to send an email just about every day with the current stats or post something at the affiliate log in page.

I'm sorry, but how hard is this to understand?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I just tried changing mine to my business PO Box (which I've been using for several years) and it still doesn't work. It refuses to take anything but my home address, which I don't want checks delivered to.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by smesser
    Hi all –
    ....so if you were having problems updating your profile info prior to today, you should try again. If you are still unsuccessful, please contact affiliate support during regular business hours (M-F 9-6 ET) with any specifics you can share....
    Another day, and still:

We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions.
    I've been contacting support, I've even contacted you, Mr. Messer, as you asked us too in another thread. Your response was, "If you are still having problems I will have my team look into it.". Is YOUR team looking into it or do I need to contact support, ONCE again?

[left][font=Trebuchet MS][color=darkslategray][/color][/font] [/left]

Don't feel bad, Ellen. I got an email and PM from Mr. Messer saying I was validated and then today I got that same email as you saying I was not.

Looks like I'm never going to get off this Merry Go Round and get my commission check.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Best regards,
    Stephen

Stephen -- Why do you expect affiliates to subsidize this effort??!! I can't afford to subsidize your company. Pay what you owe...clean up your act.. and do it before you put yourself out of business! This is no way to run a company such as yours yet you seem to be totally comfortable with expecting affiliates to just sit back and accept not being paid. You are close to being 2 months past due on what you owe to me. Do you actually expect me to just accept this? Shame on you. Why don't you just stop this nonsense and get straight with the people you owe. If you want to consolidate payments call CJ and ask how they do it. Do whatever you want to do .. but DO NOT EXPECT me to pay for it. If I want to pay for a company such as yours I’ll find one and make an investment. I find your responses to the slew of complaints so candid and elusive to the real problems people are complaining about. Where are your solutions? Email you? PM you? I don’t think so.. I don't think solutions should be a private matter plus I don’t want to risk getting locked out and having my account closed then never getting what you owe to me. Does this sound paranoid? Yep! But with the amount going on w/ LS.. being paranoid is better than being ripped off.

Thank you, Mr. Messer, for finally getting my account verified, I appreciate it.

Why the heck are you thanking him? You should have never been in that position in the first place. If he put it right, he is only doing what he should do to right the wrong his company did. For that, no thanks are deserved, nor should they be proffered.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

15 years and counting
    Have you heard of the "Stockholm Syndrome" ? That's what is happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Have you heard of the "Stockholm Syndrome" ? That's what is happening here.
    I have had that thought on my mind for awhile.
    :-)

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread