Woooot! First Sale!!!
    ok, dont mind me but I am excited!!

I've been testing dynamic content on my personal, PR:0, long dead website and changed everything to relate to sports... and filled it with aff links to my website...

well today I received my first sale!!! and it came from my test website, stevenstark.com

this is very exciting.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    WTG! That first check will make you feel gushy allover, too. The feeling of, "Hey, this might just work" sure is a great one to have!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Yea you said it!!

well my site is up to 3 sales!! I must of captured a good customer or something!!

it's a little discouraging that I am my own affiliate, and the ONLY affiliate that has made any sales... only one other even has a banner on their page! I have 21 affiliates signed up thus far... Next week however I expect things to turn around alot.

ok, I have a correction...

I was testing a new affiliate program, MyReferer, and sent some test transactions through... and that triggered the sales on SAS... so all 3 sales were fakes, and have to be removed.

Ouch.

Here's to better days.

Jazz T.

Quote Originally Posted by sstark
    ok, I have a correction...

I was testing a new affiliate program, MyReferer, and sent some test transactions through... and that triggered the sales on SAS... so all 3 sales were fakes, and have to be removed.
    It took me more than a month to get my first affiliate sale and then sales happened gradually. As long as you keep doing the right things, even you will see results come your way. Don't leave SAS to do all your recruiting, even you should recruit affiliates. Concentrate on recruiting the affiliates that have a similar target market as your's and don't forget to add the deal sites as well. They have a great potential to bring some very good targeted traffic to your site.

Good luck.

hello,

thanks alot for the support!!

what is a 'deal site' exactly? I could guess, but I would rather not

I have yet to do much independant marketing... I am still developing the affiliate section on our main website so I can tie all the networks together and give a one stop area for my affiliates to goto.

Quote Originally Posted by sstark
    hello,

thanks alot for the support!!

what is a 'deal site' exactly? I could guess, but I would rather not

I have yet to do much independant marketing... I am still developing the affiliate section on our main website so I can tie all the networks together and give a one stop area for my affiliates to goto.
    I meant the coupon sites...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread