Thumbs down DOes anyone really like Performics
    I have made a living with affiliate programs for the last 3 years. I have tried to use peformics and think it is Horrible. You never know what commission are owed to you, Its impossible to find new links. The setup takes forever to find and add new merchants. Does anyone else feel this way? or Is it Just Me

Thank You,
    Jason Bishop

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not having any of those problems. Overall my merchants thru Performics are consistently converting at over 4%. Anytime i've done a test purchase, i sign in right afterwards and it's there. When they come back from maintenance, it works. They even have email notification and they'll tell you when they're done.

As far as commissions, they pay and they're consolidated. Some merchants are worse than others getting their money to Performics but i do get paid. They don't have the best setup, other networks have better "usability" but i don't have a problem getting links. So overall they work for me.

I do agree with it being hard for new links, their link interface is a bother and takes forever to load. But they are a great converter for me with 10%-14%.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Does anyone else feel this way? or Is it Just Me
    It's not just you!

All in all I *would* say they were a good-enough network, but it's simply such a huge PITA to deal with their setup that I try to avoid it!

So they're #3 out of 4 on my list of networks (#4 being worst).

I loathe their interface passionately! Horrid, counterintuitive navigation. Links buried behind Fort Knox. Extra steps stuffed into what should be simple operations. Trendy, but hard to use, dropdown menus. You name it, if it's got something to do with bad design or lack of usability, Perf has put it in their interface.

And I had a heckuva time getting set up with their feeds. That was enough bother that, unless I see credible reports (ie, not their press release!) that their "new" feed system is a huge improvement, I wouldn't bother signing up for more of their merchants. Who needs to tear their hair out just to add another merchant's feed to the mix?!?

They need way, way more options for feeds than they had under their old system. I wonder if they improved that--they had put out a press release about a month or 2 ago bragging about advanced data options. But I don't want to email them and ask, because then they may get the (BAD) idea of tinkering around with my setup without me specifically asking them to. I had a hard enough time prodding them into getting it working the FIRST time!

Speaking of feeds, I haven't found a way to tell if their merchants have a feed or not. I had to email Perf. and ask if my merchants had one, and when I asked about merchants I wasn't signed up with, they wanted to limit responses to my current categories (But I want to find merchants that do NOT compete with my existing ones!) That hoop-jumping is not something I find worth bothering with when signing up new merchants, especially since CJ, SAS and even the Snare have easy ways of determining for myself whether a single merchant is feed-enabled.

On the good side, my merchants have paid without making me wait forever, and there's none of the falderal like is going on over at Snare. As for the conversion ratio, I've found that it varies by merchant, just like anywhere. There's some diamonds and some duds. However, many of their merchants are in categories that are of no interest to me, and they have quite a few cheapskates, too.

They'd be a fine network, as networks go--if only they made it less cumbersome to deal with them.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I like them and I like the companies that they have there. I stumble around some but I thought it was because I was so used to the other formats like LS and CJ. I have no problem with their reporting and my conversions are higher than most that I have at LS. I think it's because the companies are more recognized.

Just my 2cents...

They have some good quality merchants. The linking is a real pain. Reporting is fairly basic, but adequate. Consolidated payments with direct deposit is nice.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    They have some good quality merchants. The linking is a real pain. Reporting is fairly basic, but adequate. Consolidated payments with direct deposit is nice.
    I agree. One other thing is that most merchants are terrible at keeping their promotions up-to-date. Many, many times merchants will change or end promotions without notifying their affiliate base. Communication is the name of the game, folks.

Hello,

I like them.

Regards,

I am thinking of using Performics. What do you guys recommend ? Yes/No ? What's the majority ? Worth a trial ?

Quote Originally Posted by nakulgoyal
    I am thinking of using Performics. What do you guys recommend ? Yes/No ? What's the majority ? Worth a trial ?
    I would suggest you find a merchant or merchants in there that really fit your sites and give them a try.

There are negatives with every affiliate network. Yes, Performics does create a little extra effort from time-to-time, but hell, isn't that what we are being paid for? Trust Performics and they'll treat you well.
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Not the greatest, to be sure
    Trying to get a link through Performics is a big drag. Only one merchant in their network performs well for me: Red Envelope. If not for R.E., I would never bother with their interface or reporting which is really awful. I guess it depends on the merchants and if you want them on your site badly enough. In the case of Red Envelope, it's worth it for me to check my stats once a week. Otherwise, I do not actively seek new merchants through Performics because of the difficulty trying to get a working link. When I'm jazzed about a merchant, I want to get their links on my site ASAP, when ad copy is fresh in my brain. By the time I can get a working link through Performics, I've lost the 'jazz." But this is true with most merchants who make us wait forever for approval, etc.

I don't have a problem getting paid through Performics however. Maybe becasue the only merchant who converts is Red Envelope and they're stable and reliable. Overall, not worth the trouble. CJ, by far, is the best. I also like SAS more and more.

When will merchants figure out that we should all be able to link to individual pages, categories and products withinin their sites? I could be converting much more if this were a standard option for all merchants and networks. Good to get that off my mind. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I love Performics and its employees. Being a Chicago-based affiliate, I even had a chance to tour their office. Great people!

Well, my coupon manager says he loves to work with performics. He states is as easy as cj.com, Well maybe i was wrong?

I am a fan of Performics. It takes personal contacts within the organization when a problem arises for a faster resolve.

Datafeeds are fine, some better than others.

Yes their link program kinda sucks as they create the links on the fly due to their unique numbering of the link.

The banner creative that's outdated does hang around too darn long instead of them changing the image and landing page for any new promotion.

Commissions suck in general, but almost every merchant I use there converts better than the other 4 networks. While the merchants for the most part are in bed with the parasites I get sales.

Their newsletters and promotional updates for individual merchants have gotten better in the last year and are more timely. I would like to see advance notice of upcoming events with start and end dates so we can better format for sales.

Overall I give them a 8 of 10 scoops of poop, cause the more poop the better I rate them.

Now if they were on my poop list, the rating would be lower.

That's the poop from the "Left Coast" where the kings of parasites were born.
    180, Top Moxie, E-bates and the rest of leftists.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Their interface is pretty yucky. In fact, links and banners in general are a huge pain. Having said all that, I get paid like clockwork, have a great relationship with each merchant rep., and enjoy their datafeeds.

The less people that like Performics, the better for me. Stay away if you don't care for them.

Fred

Anyone have conversion issues with PC Connection? I have a terrible clicks/sales ratio with them.

As a Mac Safari user, I find their new merchant sign up doesn't work. When I click to agree to the terms, everything freezes and I have to reboot. Email about this problem goes unanaswered. Thus I haven't added any new merchants. They have some classy merchants but their support doesn't seem to exist.

I do like how they pay consistenly, but they have terrible collections.. I swear there's way more money in limbo than I get paid most of the time.

Trying to talk to them leaves me very frustrated, but I guess it builds better relationships with the merchants directly.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseparts
    I guess it builds better relationships with the merchants directly.
    What are the NETWORKS doing???

i don't like them because they do not have auto-updating banners.
    And if you have to get new links from merchants,
    you need to log in first,
    and their site is very slow

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    if you have to get new links from merchants,
    you need to log in first,
    and their site is very slow
    Does it make sense to anyone how they force you to activate all the links prior to using them. Of course once the merchant has consented to your use of the banners, why bother activating them?

Absofreakinlutely the WORST place online. What good is it if it doesn't even load??? Ever aspect is totally ignorant. If you guys at Performics are listening, you need to learn how to make your site PERFORM~! WTF~!!!??? Then ask the people here all the MANY MANY MANY things are are totally AGAINST all logic.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread