ABW Ambassador
    Problems with Orbitz
    It seems there has been one issue after another since Orbitz went to hourly reporting last week.

How does your Orbitz reporting look for Wednesday, 5/18? I have only one sale reported.

How do your rental car sales look for this week? I've had none since Monday, 5/16.

How do your Orbitz sales look for today, Friday, 5/20? I've had none.

I checked. Everything seems to be normal here. I have sales reported for today.

marcelle

ABW Ambassador
    Would you mind letting me know the time of your last sale today and whether you've had any rental car sales since Monday?

I had a rental car sale since Monday. My last sale today was at 19:00

marcelle

ABW Ambassador
    I've continued to have one problem after another with Orbitz sales. I used to consistently get 6-10 Orbitz sales every day. I'll go up to a week with no sales for a particular product at all and sometimes days with no sales at all. I've been in contact with Carolyn Tang throughout the past three months over this. She assures me that she has done everything she can to find any problems yet she's come up with nothing. She's had Linkshare look into it as well.

I feel very cheated as Orbitz used to be one of my top merchants. No longer. I honestly believe Carolyn when she says she's done everything she can think of and in no way do I feel that I've been cheated intentionally. But I do feel there is something happening that they just haven't been able to uncover.

I decided to update this post now that I've gone more than 48 hours with no Orbitz sales at all.

Would those of you who have consistent sales for Orbitz be willing to go back over the past three months and analyze your Orbitz sales, especially by product (airline tickets, regular hotel, Merchant hotel and rental car)? Check to see if you go more than a couple of days with no sales at all for a particular product. I've gone as long as 8 days with no sales of a particular product.

I'm sending a copy of this to Carolyn because I certainly don't want her to think I'm doing this behind her back. Carolyn has illustrated her sincerity and if we can work together to get to the bottom of this, I'm confident Carolyn would be just as pleased as I would be.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Check your rankings (if you depend on searches).
    Check the sign-up procedure - has it changed? Is there "live chat" to take away sales?
    Check for new involvement in adware programs.

I had a great program (different merchant) go totally south for 2 out of the 3 reasons I listed. And my affiliate manager assured me all was well.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread