Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not Validated Again!
    This is the third time that I am not validated. Last week I was able to access all areas after going through the validation process twice. This is just getting totally absurd!! If I do not receive a check in the next two weeks for March and April commissions I am going to go nuts. This is SO horrible! How much more does Linkshare think people are willing to tollerate??? So what is the game now?? Let some of the affiliates in just long enough to update their sites then come up with this crap again to postpone payment further?? Two weeks Linkshare! Do you hear??? Two Weeks! No Check - and I am going to submit reports to every internet scam protection service that I can find then call my lawyer. What a way to start the morning!

15 years and counting
    This is becoming pathetic. This guy doesn't understand what he is doing. That's not the first time. He did worse before. The last 3 or 4 years were OK, because he did nothing. No update, no modification. He was not even able to remove NEW on 4 years old reports.
    I'm afraid we have not seen the worse, yet. I survived Andrew and smaller hurricanes, but this time I'm packing everything I can, this guy can do much more damages.

I hear ya..So what recourse does one have? I am out two months worth of commissions here. This is getting so costly. I am not in a position to financially subsidize Linkshare through their transition (or whatever they call this nightmare) although that is exactly what everyone is being forced to do. I've written them in the past and received nothing but auto-response emails. I am at a frustrated loss as to what steps to take next. I am not willing to just forfeit what is owed to me. How about two months interest on overdue commission? (as if) Did anyone else get an email this morning rejecting their already approved registration? Somehow there is safety in numbers.. sigh

My Coffee's Cold, Go Figger
    i did,it was the first thing i read this am. (still sick)

15 years and counting
    leeann - This is getting so costly. I am not in a position to financially subsidize Linkshare through their transition (or whatever they call this nightmare) although that is exactly what everyone is being forced to do. I've written them in the past and received nothing but auto-response emails.
    You know what p@sses me off big time, it's to see Messer running around the few Affiliate Boards trying to offer his own service to the most vocal affiliates.
    I am sorry if you had problems, please send me an email and I will personally look into it. Steve
    Have you seen a message on HIS OWN WEBSITE? No. Have you seen him answering the valid requests of the affiliates, here? No. Do you think, he's answering PMs and emails of smaller affiliates? No.
    I call that: DISCRIMINATION

Question
    I was successfully validated a couple of months ago. I stayed validated, even checking over the last couple of weeks as I read the horror stories here. Earlier this week I received a check as part of the first batch. Yesterday I received an e-mail saying that I was not validated and I need to get validated to get paid.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I posted this on another thread. Just because you got the email yesterday apparently doesn't mean that you are not validiated...

I was verified back in March, then unverified, then reverified.

I wrote Mr Messer the other day and asked if I was or was not verified, he checked and said I was. Then yesterday I got the same letter as everyone else, so I wrote him again and asked him since he checked and said I was verified if I should ignore the letter, he said yes, ignore the letter. He said if you can log in and not get the update screen you are verified.

I think that stuff is just being sent out in batches whether it applies to everyone or not.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I finally got verified today! Was ready to post here it feels like winning the lotto.

After I got thru all 4 steps successfully, I was sent to the login page

Logged in with my new password... and guess what I got? C'mon take a WILD guess?

We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions.

If you have any questions please contact our affiliate support team through the following link: Support
    WTF?... Two seconds after they verify me... they tell me I am not verified and, of course... NOT getting paid.
    Last edited by Billy Kay; May 21st, 2005 at 01:36 PM. Reason: only one spelling error

Affiliate Network Rep
    Billy,

We made a change to the process so that you can create a legal entity (even if you do not pass). This way if you have a problem you can email me or customer support and we can investigate it. If we find the error was with our verification partner we then can flip the switch and turn you on. This change was just made in order to deal with the issues that have been raised. Please send me any of your issues to my user name @linkshare.com and I will see if I can help speed up the process.

Steve

I've been emailing and I'm still waiting..... Still getting the same blasted error.....

"We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions."

Please, I'm begging ya, flip the switch.
    [left][font=Trebuchet MS][color=darkslategray][/color][/font] [/left]

We made a change to the process so that you can create a legal entity (even if you do not pass)
    I "assumed" that was the case Stephen - but had I posted "I think LS did so and so..." my "guess" would have went on an off-topic tangent of even more guesses. (which wouldn't of helped anyone)

Thanks

So which address do you use on the w-9 form. (Sole Proprietor) Home address that I use for the IRS or business address where I receive my checks? No idea which part won't validate so lets start with this.

Optional LS form w-9 Items
    Requester Name. I assume Linkshare is the requester and I don't have to fill this out. Is that correct? If not, what account numbers is it asking for?

I'm having exactly the same problem Billy is having. So, I just sent Steve an email with the link to the State of Florida's online record of my corporation, which lists the exact same name, address and tax number as I've entered as LS. Let's see what happens.

Of course, I work through a corporation and not as an individual, and it seems LS is concentrating on the problems of individuals before corporations. To that I would say, even though for tax purposes I do business as a corporation, it is a Sub-S corporation. All the income flows through to me individually.

I depend on my affiliate income to pay my bills. It is quite disheartening that LS is withholding my payments because of a validation problem on their end. This is not my fault or anything I have control over. We're approaching the first of June and I'm still waiting for the monies I earned in March and April.

It 's easy to consider us affiliates a bunch of binary zeroes and ones - that for whatever reason, can't get past the validation process.

We're just a "glitch" in the Linkshare the system. And the "glitch" will at some point be fixed.

I'm posting this as a NON-subtle reminder to Linkshare that I am not a GLITCH.

I'm a REAL person.

I work HARD.

I put all my best efforts into my sites and deserve my commision.

YOU may not think I'm real... but I DO have a face!

Please REMEMBER I have a face every day you fail to pay me...

And please explain to Jesse that his dad doesn't exist!

http and a telephoto
    Nice pic Billy Is that one of Jesse's babysitters??? Ir one of the reasons you need a babysitter for a few hours? LOLOL

Anyway, I emailed the email address in the notice that went to us all saying contact us if you have problems and offered to send a copy of my social security card.

Steve, if I am not verified by Aff Summit can I hand you my ss card and license and THEN will you believe I am real???

This has gone beyond the ridiculous and is bordering on theft and extortion, since the merchants have paid your company and you have NOT distributed that payment to the appropriate people, US!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Private post to Deb (No one else saw her comment)

It's NOT a bimbo with big t....s

It's MEG! From Hercules! Disneyland!

I don't own a dog. Couldn't go for the sad puppy eyes thing.

And when LS calls me on Monday morning and says "Billy, we're dropping everything else at Linkshare today to make sure you're verified"... you'll wish YOU would have thought of this novel approach

If need be, I'll digitally edit the pic and watch Jesse get malnutition and skinnier everyday - for effect!

First one paid buys lunch!! (or pays bills)

Anyone have Billy's phone number? We should prank call him Monday morning to say he's verified!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Follwed by a prank call on Tuesday to let me know I'm UNverified?

I'm verified! Writing to Steve worked. Received a response from him to my email saying that I was verfied, and sure enough, when I logged in to Linkshare the verification screen was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    It 's easy to consider us affiliates a bunch of binary zeroes and ones - that for whatever reason, can't get past the validation process.

We're just a "glitch" in the Linkshare the system. And the "glitch" will at some point be fixed.

I'm posting this as a NON-subtle reminder to Linkshare that I am not a GLITCH.

I'm a REAL person.

I work HARD.

I put all my best efforts into my sites and deserve my commision.

YOU may not think I'm real... but I DO have a face!

Please REMEMBER I have a face every day you fail to pay me...

And please explain to Jesse that his dad doesn't exist!
    I was going to say something about the verified, not verified masochist posts on this forum but, I decided to just ask Billy Kay one question.

Billy,

Are you "Terry Kiser" double?

The reason I ask is because after I saw the "JesseBillyandMeg.jpg" picture you posted, to me you look a lot like Bernie from the "Weekend at Bernies" movie.

Before anyone here say anything negative about this post, just search for the "Weekend at Bernies" movie and compare the pictures.

Hey Billy,

I hope that I have not blown your cover as a famous under cover Hollywood actor, OK?

:-)

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Billy,

I talked to LS today and told them whatever they do, don't verify you yet. I just love it when you fire up photoshop and want to see some more pics.

What a cute guy! (oh, and your son is handsome too).

;-)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I had a few wierd calls today from a few different people with caller ID blocked and they seemed to be trying to find out who I was without identifying themselves. I don't talk to anyone under those conditions, but now I'm wondering if it was from Linkshare or some affiliated company trying to re-/mis-/un-/verify me? Anyone else have something similar happen today?
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I did what SMesser told me to do and I got verified
    I sent a PM to smesser last week and he responded. Today he said that would validate me or do what is needed to get me validated. So then he called with a phone number that was not available but left a message for me to call back. Sure enough when I called he spoke to me and said he would send my corporations info in to get verified and now I am verified. But I cannot change anything or it might break. I thought that was great. How often does a "Big Boss" of a company call and do what they say on the spot. Cool

Mr Sal...

Sshhh... actually I'm the one with the poof hair and purple dress

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast