Question What Is Going On With CJ?!?!?
    Hello,

I just wanted to know if anyone knows what is going on? I am affiliated with some of CJ's merchants, and recieving a CTR of 11.5%, with around 120 clicks a day, yet still no sales or leads?!?!?

Is this right?? I know CJ have been down lately, but geeez! I am still waiting for commissions from 2 days ago.

Just wanting some opinions here...

Cheers,
    Ryan

120 clicks/day is not statistically enough traffic to validate a lack of conversions. Additionally, if you are promoting advertisers that batch, there may be a few days delay for any txns to get reported.

Cool handle btw.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Todd said. At that amount of clicks, things are extremely spikey!

Here's a post from Michael Coley with links to his explanations of how it works, statistically:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=18
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

So far today everything looks great me, although last friday and thursday were quite atrocious

Ok Come On Lets Be Honest
    Alright statistics aside,

When I saw this thread and the responses I had to put my two cents in...

CJ WHY is payment not being sent on the 20th? You didn't state WHY. Clever use of words......

Your "publishers" are subject to massive outages and reporting inaccuracies and you make matters worse by not sending payment on the 20th and not saying why....

OK on to the topic, this last friday I know I was ripped off by CJ. EVERY Friday for the last 4 months, I've spent $35 in adwords, received 675 clicks and at the end of the day I would earn no less than $100 (the last 4 months). Now, this last friday guess what, I earned $43. Smells FISHY TO ME.

================Probably Unrelated to CJ=============
    While, I am not an ebay publisher, my 2 friends who are, are quite unhappy with CJ and eBay. One of them earned $494 in the month of March, in the month of April, $501. He gets an *email* saying that CJ is investigating his account and his promotional methods. This guy is only smart enough to use PPC campaigns - (trust me I know this). CJ explained to him that he "*triggered*" the monthly $500 mark and therefore was sent this email "investigating" his methods.

On another note, my second buddy, at the end of last year, signed up for the same ebay/CJ program. In december, on his first week in the program, he made $504.00. He was terminated on the spot for the most bizzare reason in the world. It's like they had to pin him because he found a way to make money. Like he's not allowed to prosper and succeed with the program. I can assure you his methods were definitely legitimate. I know this for sure, because I helped him maintain the site on which he put the ebay links on. This site was receiving 64,500 UNIQUES daily. He had the editor kit in every page of his 3,000+ site. (all indexed in Google mind you)
    ====================================================

As for myself, I am working on moving away from CJ to another company like maybe LS. I've heard more horror stories and after little investigation I have found them to be true (about CJ). I am upset with the reporting inaccuracies, downtime with CJ, and their lack of response. This is certainly going to crumble them.

120 clicks/day is not statistically enough traffic to validate a lack of conversions.
    Conversion rate of less than 1/200 clicks over an extended period says plenty.

Sudden 66% drop in EPC says even more.

No business online or off could ever survive if only one out of every 200 visitors to their store makes a purchase.

Is there a fly in the soup?

15 years and counting
    holyearth - As for myself, I am working on moving away from CJ to another company like maybe LS. I've heard more horror stories and after little investigation I have found them to be true (about CJ). I am upset with the reporting inaccuracies, downtime with CJ, and their lack of response.
    It's your first post but you should read this board more closely. Todd is spending a lot of time here answering people who should spend more of their own time researching the problems. If you need to waste your time, don't forget to check LS.

Internet Cowboy
    We have newbies in the LS forum bashing CJ and newbies in the CJ forum bashing LinkShare. Draw your own conclusions.
    This is becoming comical.

Becoming?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    EVERY Friday for the last 4 months, I've spent $35 in adwords, received 675 clicks and at the end of the day I would earn no less than $100 (the last 4 months). Now, this last friday guess what, I earned $43.
    Just let us know the exact keywords, the merchant, the bid amount, and how you aim your links, and I'm sure we'll be glad to test it for you...

(j/k)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Is there a fly in the soup?
    The point I was trying to make was there didn't seem to be enough soup to attract a fly.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Cool
    I for one would like to order the soup please.
    Because the salad sucks.
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

The point I was trying to make was there didn't seem to be enough soup to attract a fly.
    Which is exactly why I added my point.

CJ is fast becoming nothing more than a traffic drain.

Sudden drops in conversion rates, without corresponding drops in traffic, are now a time-tempered, established, and expected behavior pattern (or affectation, rather )from CJ. These drops tend to coincide with CJ "upgrades" and other sundry outages, while similar drops do not occur with other (UNaffected) traffic destinations.

The fact that you are on duty and posting at all hours when these lean periods span across weekends, while at other times you are hardly available, well, it doesn't take much of an imagination to come up with a plausible theory about what may be going on over there in Sunny S.B..

It seems funny that every body report the same problems at once.
    Yet every answer Todd gives doesnít include even a clue for the main question:
    What is going on here???

The people at CJ are just ignoring us and Todd answers all the other questions and avoiding this one.

So Todd just answer us: Do we lose sales right now?
    Itís not a lot to ask. Just an answer for this tiny question.

And how about the merchants? Are there any merchants out there that have the same problem (from the other side) that can actually say they have less affiliate sales than the average?

Maybe someone can make a letter that we all can send to our merchants to demand that Cj will tell us the truth (people are wasting money on PPC and advertising here).

My English is not that good but I would be happy to send such a letter to my merchants.
    I think if all our merchants will receive the same letter from different affiliates they will help us to put more pressure on CJ to tell us the truth.

All we want is honesty. It seems that CJ forgot its employs get their salary from the money we make them.

What do you think?

I've had plenty of clicks in the last 2 days...

Today I spent $128.96 on Adwords.. clicks.... My average is about $130 per day. I also have plenty of free listings for my 168 websites accross various search engines. But my average spenbd for advertizing on CJ merchants is around $130 per day. Today I had zero sales... 570 clicks and zero sales.

Yesterday, I had 851 clicks and 6 sales....... and made out $50 ahead on my advertizing spending. The day before I barely made a profit. Most of my profits have been from generic SEO efforts.

One day I will make a killing and then for a couple of days I will lose money. It seems that the days where I lose money are always days where a bunch of other people are reporting that they are also not getting any sales. Most of the non-sales periods seem to be in the middle of the day.. we get sales early and then way late.

So, there seems to be a period, during the middle of the day (10am until 6pm)..or so , that sales just aren't happening. Does anyone else see this trend?

Thanks for the discussion about this, however I need Todd to confirm exactly "What Is Going On?"
    I would appreciate an answer as to whether I should pause my campaigns at the moment. I would like to know whether we are losing sales, or sales arent being tracked properly. It it CJ, or is it the advertiser?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    It is clear that the redirect affiliate links from cj.com are bad behaviour which is considered especially from google as spam and penalzed or erased from index. I believe that other SEs will follow. Yes therefore cj.com is a traffic drain.

roland

15 years and counting
    Roland - as spam and penalzed or erased from index
    The same text coming from the same datafeed on thousand of affiliates sites is considered as spam and penalized by Google not the links. Too many links on the same page may be considered as spam, too.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Collier

Today I spent $128.96 on Adwords.. clicks.... My average is about $130 per day. I also have plenty of free listings for my 168 websites accross various search engines. But my average spenbd for advertizing on CJ merchants is around $130 per day. Today I had zero sales... 570 clicks and zero sales.

Yesterday, I had 851 clicks and 6 sales....... and made out $50 ahead on my advertizing spending. The day before I barely made a profit. Most of my profits have been from generic SEO efforts.

One day I will make a killing and then for a couple of days I will lose money. It seems that the days where I lose money are always days where a bunch of other people are reporting that they are also not getting any sales. Most of the non-sales periods seem to be in the middle of the day.. we get sales early and then way late.

So, there seems to be a period, during the middle of the day (10am until 6pm)..or so , that sales just aren't happening. Does anyone else see this trend?

Yup. I see this trend too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Collier

Are you selling "big ticket" items? 0/570 is pretty rough. I see low fractions of 1% conversion rate on some of my big ticket merchants but in the long run the EPC balances out to an acceptable level.

It's actually a lot of different products. Some are high end and some are low. From shoes to furniture to cameras, etc. Yes, 0/570 is VERY rough... and unusual... and that is exactly my point. Normally I have between 700-850 clicks per day and between 8-14 sales. So, when I get a day or two where there are NO sales, it really makes me wonder. Plus, I have to wonder if I should turn off my Adwords campaigns because on the days when it seems like CJ is broken, I lose money.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread