ABW Ambassador
    A bunch of merchants disappeared from my account
    I logged in and at first they were all gone, then logged in again and MOST of them are gone, including from reports. I'm wondering if it'll be OK to just copy and paste homepage links that are already up to different pages where they're needed, with different text - or if it'll just be a loss.

This almost makes me feel like cranking out content and just doing all AdSense sites, it's a lot easier.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Webworker,

Feel free to email me your account user name and legal entity name as well as what merchants are gone and we can investigate. I am not seeing this problem anywhere else.

Steve

ABW Ambassador
    Steve, I figured it out and there is a bit of a problem if we're not careful to observe. I just walked through it to recreate what happened, and will try to briefly outline it.

It's in the drop-down list that shows up now at the top of the page for the main legal entity account, and then it recreates in the reports and when getting links.

I just cold booted the computer and logged in. All merchants showed up under "my account" - the ones for the primary legal entity account - and reports and "get links" as well, just fine.

Here's the first issue. With a fresh login (probably a cookie thing that's actually working), the main website for the legal entity account shows visibly in the drop-down list up top. If you click one of the other sub-sites of the main account in that drop-down so that it's the one that shows, nothing shows for merchants in "my account" or elsewhere. That's OK, as long as we know about it.

The second issue is a duplication in that dropdown list, though part of it is working right. The main site for the primary legal entity account is Site-A. The main site for what was the secondary account is Site-C. Both had the same 5 sites included, BUT although all 5 appear in the list for the main account, showing no info as explained above (which is OK as long as we know what's up), when the accounts were consolidated, the main website for the secondary account, Site-C, was added to the drop down list again. So Site-C shows up twice, for a total of 6 in the list that should have 5 sites - one is duplicated.

So - if Site-A is visible in the drop-down list we get all information right for the main account. Tricky here, try to follow.

If we click on the "CONSOLIDATION" occurrence of Site-C (main site for secondary account) that's right underneath Site-A on the list we get all the information right for what was the secondary account that's now consolidated - including the merchants for the other account, reports, etc. BUT if we click on the second occurrence of Site-C we get nothing.

The consolidation worked - we've got the merchants just as they were before the accounts were consolidated, and can access the ones from the secondary account by logging in to the old account or through what's now the main legal entity account.

What's causing this problem is the bit of confusion caused in that drop-down list if we're unaware of what's supposed to show up and what isn't - particularly with the duplication of the one site in the list that's a little hard to catch if you're not in debugging mode and actually looking to find a problem.

Thanks for the attention to it Steve, if any particulars are needed I'll send the specifics but this should let the programmers know enough of where it's happening if there's any need to simplify or modify it.

It's working, it's just confusing.

Added:
    With a cold boot and a fresh login, the main legal entity website shows up visibly in the dropdown list when first logging in. If we change what shows there visibly, then leave the site and log in again, the site we left visible is the one we first see when logging in again - not the main one.

Whatever we left last time we get again, and if we don't notice it, can do just what I did, yell "Hey, where did all my stuff go?"

ABW Ambassador
    More - on getting links and reports
    When we go to get links, to access the merchants under the primary (legal entity) account - the main website for that account has to be visible in the drop down list ON TOP - not where we choose which site we're getting links for.

To access the full list of merchants we've had under our secondary account, when getting links, the site that was the main one (not the duplicate occurrence) has to be visible in the dropdown UP TOP - again, not the list we're using to choose what site we're getting links for.

That all works just fine if we know about it, but if the second occurrence of the main secondary website is what's showing, the duplication, that won't access the merchants. Same with reports. It' all working, but can be very confusing if we're not alert or don't know.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread