Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    CJ, Linkshare, Befree, Shareasale Can All Die - Literally!
    ABW,
    Today is an interesting day, it's the day when I am announcing to you, an affiliate network so revolutionary, that it will change the way the affiliate community is going to conduct their business for good.

Let me disclose the name of this movement called - Niche Merchants (NM) - NM, as the name suggests was started with a view that it will be a home for affiliates to locate quality merchants that sell niche products and services to niche markets around the world.

Also as a network that's aware and active on the primary needs of the affiliate industry like remaining parasite free and providing the community with cutting edge technology that is not a pain to understand and use.

The niche merchants project has entered the beta testing phase today. We need your help to test and review the script and to tell us what have we missed and you would like to see with the network.

Before we go to the website, let me brief you up with some of the features we have in store:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Feature list for merchants:
    - As a merchant, A single merchant account can provide you with unlimited number of affiliate programs. So if your company runs multiple websites, all of them can have their own affiliate program with NM, without you having to pay additional charges for each website.

- Accepting affiliates is easy - you can either review and accept them manually or leave the job to the automatated script.

- You can set separate commission levels for individual affiliates, or a group of affiliates or all affiliates, its your choice.

- Think an affiliate is cheating you? you can automatically Submit a Fraud Report to the network admin to review the affiliate in question and keep your program and the network safe of the bad apples.

- Set custom links for individual affiliates of your choice, this is useful if you are planning to have co-branded banners or links or for other reasons.

- Opt out by Region - you can choose to not let affiliates from a particular region of the world to be a part of your affiliate program ( this can he helpful if you have experienced a lot of fraud happening on your website from a particular geographic region of the world.

- A unique send offers feature lets you send special offers to existing as well as affiliates that are yet to join your program with details of your program or custom offers that you may want to offer.

-The manual transaction feature can be used to provide bonuses to individual affiliates.

- Keyword Links - you can add an unlimited number of keywords for your links which will rotate with other merchant's links where ever an affiliate places a keyword link zone on their website - (similar to google ad words)

- Reporting, NM has some of the most extensive range of reporting features that are provided to merchants This includes features such as - Graphical Reports, Trend Reports, Regular Reports categorized into various benchmarks. Also, You can lock, extend, deny transactions, view pending transactions, categorized into sections.

Feature list for Affiliates:
    - As an affiliate, along with all the regular features, you can request custom links from merchants you are affiliated with.

- A first for any affiliate network, Affiliates can submit fraud reports to NM Staff if you think a merchant is following unacceptable practices.

- We'll let you know well in advance if a merchant is posed to be either temporarily or permanently deactivated from the network.

- You can view custom offers from merchants that are sent to you and choose to accept or reject them.

- Keyword links - Now you can create rotating text link zones on your website which will display links from merchants you are affiliated to - that are relevant to the keywords you specify.

- True Real Time Reporting - We don't fake real time, we actually provide you with up to the second real time reporting for all your clicks, impressions and transactions.

- At NM, Affiliates can enjoy extensive reporting features like Graphical Reports, Trend Reports, Regular Reports categorized into various benchmarks.
    - Another First, for every reversed transaction, you will receive a genuine reason for the reversal.

- There is no specific criteria required and no charge either to download and use data feeds of merchants that maintain a product database.

- Search for individual product links on a pre-designed template.

- Save Time, Save Money, and above all, Be happy -A unique new feature that no body has thought of, is being provided right here - by providing just two templates, you can now create index pages, product pages, get them packed into a zip file for later use, or have them transferred through FTP to your web server automatically!!!

Here's the link - http://www.nichemerchants.com/script/home.php - See it for yourself!

Thought that was mind blowing? fantastic? super? Sure it is, but its nothing compared to what we have in store for you in the next version.

BTW, This is just a test release and there are a few glitches, so before you test, here's the list:

Merchant Section Errors list:

1 -Affiliate detail page, Email settings and network performance- under construction

2 Signup page redirect - a small glitch - takes you to the sign up page again and then redirects, instead of redirecting directly

3 Merchant Edit Details - A merchant can edit details, however, the site logo is not editable yet, Also The " sign is replaced to become a slash (\)

4 In the Account section, the "delete a program" does not currently function.

5 Product links can not be edited at the moment.

6 Testing on the periods of reporting data is yet to be confirmed - and - Every detail is currently shown as "Accepted". section: Run Reports)

7 Testing on the periods of reporting data is yet to be confirmed (on Trend Reports)

8 Mail Section - currently not functional

9 - Send Offers to affiliate on the home page currently not functioning.

PLEASE NOTE: While adding product links (not Product DB) via a text file, please do not add the impression URL field.
    Affiliate Section Error List:

1 Signup page redirect - a small glitch - takes you to the sign up page again and then redirects, instead of redirecting directly

2 Merchant Detail Page Errors:
    a) "click for more" not functional on Reversal ratio.
    b) Network Performance and Email Settings are under construction

3 Create text file feature for the product DB not currently functional because of which, the product database search is also not currently activated.

4 Server to Server transfer via FTP of the pages created online using product links not functional at the moment.

6 Mail Section not working right now

7 Testing on the periods of reporting data is yet to be confirmed (on Trend Reports)

8 Keyword Links - if the keyword database consists of two or more keywords then the ads won't show up.

Best Regards,
    Amit Lewis,
    Niche Merchants

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Hormel? Is that you?

ABW Ambassador
    DO I know you? This is Amit Also known as TGO.

ABW Ambassador
    This revolutionary network doesn't even have a title tag. I'm seeing index.gif I would have some friends of yours go thru this before launching. A lot of affiliates have been being played as guinea pigs with some other network already. Links don't even work on the home page. Ok i just reread the long post and you already listed all the problems. Don't post about something that's not ready.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I have to agree, best to wait until it's out of beta to announce it.

BTW Donuts' comment about "Hormel" was a way of calling your post spam. Hormel is the maker of the original SPAM in a can...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Hello,
    I do already know about the homepage, and although you do make valid points, the home page is currently under construction.

This was just to test the script and not the design of the site. I would like to apologize for the inconvienience caused and would like to once again stress that we are basically just looking out for other ideas to implement at this stage and not pre-launch the script into the affiliate world.

This is not vapour ware, Niche Merchants the Script is a concept "2 Years in the Making" and there is no doubt that we would launch it in the main stream pretty soon as we receive your collective input and ideas in order to provide you with a smooth experience.

Thanks Again for your input
    Best Regards
    Amit Lewis

We already have enough "Beta Test" networks. And they have merchants, even.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    If you would show just a little bit of professionalism in your original post people would take you much more seriously. Saying things like "CJ, Linkshare, Befree, Shareasale Can All Die - Literally!" makes you look terrible, even to those who might have a real problem with the networks you mention, and believe me there are LOTS who have problems with the networks right now.

You should also hope that nothing bad happens to any of the officers of or the offices of the networks you mention. You will be the #1 suspect if something bad happens.

I would not trust my income to someone who does things in this manner.

I had a great idea for a new name. How about....Safe Haven!! You'll have to clear that with Mike first.
    Last edited by UncleScooter; May 21st, 2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: thought of a better name

ABW Ambassador
    Question What?
    quote: unclescooter
    The Title was really just a pitch. Are we supposed to take it that far beyond?
    I guess the pitch is working, Negative or Otherwise responses are coming in

Best Regards
    TGO

"Saying things like "CJ, Linkshare, Befree, Shareasale Can All Die - Literally!" makes you look terrible"

Especially when coming from someone whose affiliate program literally died.

Amit,

Your "pitch" was in very bad taste.

I can't imagine wanting to do business with someone using this tone.

Jazz T.

I Liked the pitch I just cant understand why anyone would build a network with mail. Save yourself some time and eliminate it.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo
    Here's the link - http://www.nichemerchants.com/script/home.php - See it for yourself!

Best Regards,
    Amit Lewis,
    Niche Merchants
    For start, please, learn how to should work DNS and unix server.
    1. DNS server have wrong configuration and don't work correctly dns server.
    2. Unix server have as minimum wrong current time.

I dunno. All of the design issues aside, I guess I'm just missing the point. Why do we need another affiliate aggregator that promises us the moon?

Burry it.

ABW Ambassador
    huh?
    Sam Bay - this one's not worked upon with a view point of burying it.

Tom - Am not promising you the moon, I would like to promise you a clean network in the future (it's the affiliates and the merchants who build the network, and a little creative help from them, does help the entire network)

Personally let me get this straight and throw in some much needed info on this situation.

I am not a regular ABW member, I was but back then 4 plus years ago I had a dream of owning an affiliate network.

A dream that was so dear to me that I actually even stopped posting and reading at ABW in order to save time for working on this program.
    After a couple of years of work, hiring members of staff & other things to go with that, we have come up with what you see before you.

Am not marketing this through a post, never gonna work that way. The program is far from over. The idea of this post was to create a network for you guys to pitch in ideas, suggestions and other things that both affiliates and merchants would like to see.

Not being a regular ABW member hasn't helped my cause either, I find it hard to believe that quite a few guys out here cannot see the pun intended and would take it as far as terming me as a future serial killer.

Of all the negative comments I have received about the post, I would have actually appreciated if someone would actually give me negative comments on the scripting or the technical flow of the program.

I am not sure if the veteran ABW members from the past have read the post or not, but most of them were aware that it was a dream project that I gave my 4 years to and I was hoping for some feedback from their end (The script not the post lol)

Affiliate Networks or any other businesses are not run just through just dreams, But I know what it takes to turn it into reality, The post construction doesn't neccessarily kill business or start it.

Again, the pitch was just a pitch. I came out here to get some ideas and suggestions from fellow affiliates, although I still do appreciate the negative remarks about the construction of the post, haven't I heard enough about it already?

Thank you for your time and comments.
    Hoping for a reply I actually came out here for

Best Regards
    Amit Lewis
    NM

(Hoping this post was a dream too, awaits more negative comments about the post )

Tgo wrote:
    CJ, Linkshare, Befree, Shareasale Can All Die - Literally!
    Such a grand title not backed up by list of important merchants makes the whole thing sound like a joke!

The deciding factor for me would be what merchants have you signed up and what products are available? Any big name companies/websites that we would recognize?

ABW Ambassador
    phew phew
    is it so hard to understand that we are simply testing the program right now and not making any attempts to market it mainstream?

yes we do have some tie-ups with merchants, but they will come in only when the program's ready to be marketed.

We are just testing the script right now, do we really need to add all the possible and or confirmed merchants already? i don't think its needed at this stage of pure script flow testing.

Again, we are not marketing the product, just want some reviews on the overall features of the script and any more ideas that we could work upon.

Thanks Once Again

Best Regards
    Amit Lewis
    NM

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I liked the title. It shows confidence and exuberance!

However, when making arrogant statements like that, you need to be able to BACK IT UP, and in a big way, or else it's just noise. It was quite disappointing to find a "pre-beta version" underneath that headline.

do we really need to add all the possible and or confirmed merchants already? i don't think its needed at this stage of pure script flow testing.
    Forget the "possible" ones. But if you've got some big name signed up, mentioning it would not be a bad idea.

And if you're only doing script flow testing, you should keep a lower profile. Save the big words for the real launch of the completed system. No point in revving your engine until you've got enough gas in the car to enter the race.

I find it hard to believe that quite a few guys out here cannot see the pun intended and would take it as far as terming me as a future serial killer.
    Some people revel in being overly sensitive
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Ignoring all the other issues, and really the backend script is last step i worry about, how do you plan on going about paying American based affiliates? If you don't have even your homepage ready, my trusting that you have your financial infastructure set - an Indian company paying US affiliates - is pretty low. By coming in not even half-ready, you have blown alot of goodwill or trust anyone here would have given you.

Internet Cowboy
    Tgo,
    Let me get this right...you have started an affilate network, yet you are an affiliate too? Is that right?

ABW Ambassador
    Whoa Thanks Leader and Chet
    Leader - Your Feedback as always = Intelligent
    And is appreciated Thank You

I always wanted to keep a low profile, and hence not start by saying that i am marketing it big time or any other such claim on that profile.

In my post i maintained a profile about the features of the script alone and that was the only point that everybody seemed to miss and it flew in all directions.

I guess am only human and it's hard to answer to tons of things when you come in expecting answers or suggestions for only one of them.

Anyways it's all cool

ChetF
    Thanks, posts like yours are well thought of, and an issue that needs attention.

Okay yes the homepage is under construction, so is the script.
    Have we completed the site in it's entirety?
    No

Do we have a company registered in India? If not then where?
    No, We have a US Based VC who does hold a strong position in the US Market, the finances shouldn't really be an issue.

The Owner? Do I own it?
    I am not the owner, can't really reveal the name at this moment.

My Position?
    I am basically the technical head, the one who designed the program, A representative to say the least (Well I do hold other key positions, but that's another issue)

The reason I posted a test here was because although inactive for years, I have always loved ABW and always have considered "Amit Lewis" as a part of ABW, just living out my dream of creating an affiliate network

Unclescooter - Yes am an affiliate of many major affiliate networks based in the UK, US and other such regions, Being an affiliate (And quite a successful one at that) for over half a decade, I understand the issues and problems that affiliates do face and hence look forward to helping affiliates get rid of their issues.

Thanks Once Again

Best Regards
    Amit Lewis
    NM

There should always be a back up on that hyper positive statement...

ABW Ambassador
    by the way if you are simply testing the program....you should change the username and passwords of all your interfaces -admin, merchant, affiliate- it was pretty easy to find them out....i thought for an instance that you are a demo of an affiliate network software that has been discussed over here ...... ;-)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast