Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Question $0 Sales
    Hey Everyone,

I've had two $0 sales in the past few days at SAS. Anyone have a clue what this could be? The merchants were Scrapbook.com and Acme Hardware.

Thanks in advance.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Newbie - very New
    I've had 3 sales with Acme Hardware done on the 15th which still show status "processing". Is that normal?
    Do orders really take more than 6 days to process?

David

I have sales at Acme going back as far as 4/9/05 that are still showing as processing. Sounds like their affiliate manager has some catching up to do.
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi;

I am not working with Acme BUT with My Irish Jeweler.com . A zero commissions usually means the credit card was turned down or there was some problem with the order. Many times this is because they used a diferent address then the one that the credit card goes to.

Hope this helps.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

If I had a complaint about SAS, it's that. "Processing" for weeks at a time. Process the payments. It's not just related to merchants either, it's the same when waiting to get commission on a new affiliate sent to SAS. Small complaint, but still a complaint.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Thanks Richard. Appreciate the info...

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Shawn,

That field has 2 possible values. 1. "Processing" and 2. "Locked". A locked transaction is one that has been paid out to the affiliate on the 20th of every month. In the event that the affiliate did not reach the minimum for that specific payment date - the "locked" status will still show as the transaction can no longer be voided.

All other trans should show "Processing" unless there is a merchant specific exception. However, your balance and stats will update in real-time at the time of the transaction.

All transactions from a given month are paid on the 20th of the following month - at which point they become "Locked".
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

I have had a lot of the same, and the locked sales never came.With the merchants changing from, or dropping out, it is becoming even harder to earn 2 cents.Not using the merchants names, only the keywords, I spend too much time upgrading my websites,I check the reports almost daily, and have a load of "browsers", but my mix contains things that people shop for all year, I still feel the economy, jobs to China,etc.has a lot to do with it.The fuel prices would be all the more reason for people to shop on line.
    JJ

Brian, just ignore me some times. I was irritable and had a beer or 12 when I made that post.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by tmartini
    Hey Everyone,

I've had two $0 sales in the past few days at SAS. Anyone have a clue what this could be? The merchants were Scrapbook.com and Acme Hardware.

Thanks in advance.

-- Todd
    I have 2 purchases that showed status of "processing" for about a month now show "locked". The commission indicated for both has been $0.00 from transaction date through "locked" status.
    What is a $0.00 sale??

Outsourced Program Manager
    Like I said a zero sale and zero commission is one in which the cc for whatever reason was turned down
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

I just dropped AcmeHardware after noticing all my sales since start of May (about 400 transactions...) have been credited $0 and got no response from them. My fault I didn't check sooner however seems to me SAS merchants need to be watched closely. I wish all merchants here had the same experience working with affiliates like companies in competitive industries have.

In response to a PM I received, I stick with Northern Tool, they are probably the biggest and best, I get a fair return from them.The latest reports that online retailing is up 24 percent,compared to only 8 offline is encourging.
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by tmartini

Thanks in advance.

-- Todd
    Hi....
    I had a $0.00 sale also, but lucky me, I know exactly what it is
    I got my first sale at SaS from a merchant at (+-) 11:55 PM, at a little after midnight I got a hit on the same merchant and it came up as $0.00.
    Considering I had no other sales (at all), I knew the $0.00 sale was there only because of the previous sale that was made so close to the end of the reporting for that day.
    The $0.00 was just a carry-over, maybe because the first sale was still being processed at the time of the next hit.

Nature

SaS

Good merchants will police this problem and credit your account if needed. I had a $0.00 sale last week that was promptly manually credited by the merchant. I have to say, this merchant is on the stick!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread