ABW Ambassador
    Modifications needed now for creating Storefronts
    Before the consolidation and creating channels there was a solution to the problem that often occurs with doing storefronts. No more.

Let's say I've got a site I'm creating a storefront link for that sells mens sporting gear (which I don't do). And assume that my MAIN website for the account is for cutesie baby stuff (which I do). When I create the storefront for the guys jock stuff, it should NOT say "Presented by Cutesie Baby Stuff" - which often will do, and it's definitely not a fit.

In the past, all we had to do was change the name of the main site in our profile to Jock Stuff, or whichever one we needed a storefront link for at the time, and we'd have the right "presented by" but we cannot make that change any more now that there are channels. I just tried - we can't.

The "presented by" should never have reflected the main site, when we work in different niches - it should always have reflected whichever site we're creating links for. That was always fixable but now we'll have even less use of the storefronts - except for the main account.

The "presented by" isn't such a great idea anyway, I wish they'd get rid of it altogether or discourage merchnts from using it. Once visitors get to the merchant site, it could sometimes be better if they forget which tacky banner farm they came through in the first place, which is what the main site for my legal entity account looks like.

Actually, that site is only a little bit prettier than Charlie's, simply because everything I do looks like girlie stuff.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Sorta' funny...

The url I provided Linkshare the last couple years led to a page that said "Linkshare stinks. If you're a Linkshare merchant - go away. If you're a LS Affiliate Rep - don't call or email us"

Wasn't 'till about a year later that I noticed my logo and link on the storefront pages.

Wonder how many of my visitors clicked it ?

ABW Ambassador
    It is funny.

How were your conversions on the storefronts? ;-)

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread