Getting started--form llc first?
    I'm just getting started in affiliate marketing and am interested in having the legal protection as an LLC. I don't know much about starting an LLC and don't have too much cash to pay an attorney either.

Is it advisable to just get started with my sites now as a sole proprietorship and then set up the LLC later once business takes off?

Things that have me concerned at this

*legality of using product images on my site
    *having a terms of service agreement regarding the accuracy of prices on my site

I'm a sole proprietership, but then, I do not have major assets to protect. No house or anything like that to lose, so an LLC seems like overkill for my situation. Yours may be different.

As an affiliate, there will generally be images provided for your use. So long as you stick with provided images, you're fine.

As for prices, a note to the effect that prices may change certainly can't hurt.

I don't know their prices, but I understand that "The Company Corporation" is very good. http://corporate.com

Personally, I'd make the investment in protecting your assets, via an LLC or S-corporation filing. But, you can always delay that until you determine your "risk factor" warrants such protection.

Good luck with your business!

Thanks for the replies so far. Corporate.com looks promising. I have to track down their annual prices for resident agent status. I'll also price their service against some local attorneys.

Another concern is, say for example I start as a sole proprietorship. Then later I would have to reapply to the affiliate programs with my LLC information, correct?

You might also want to consider the tax implications. An LLC is one of the worst, tax-wise. An S Corp might provide the best of both worlds for you.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread