Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry Email from CJ - 0.1 percent, so it don't matter...
    In the case of this hardware issue, we estimate that the unrecorded transactions during the outage period were less than .1 percent of our monthly total. We are glad that the effect was minimal.
    I guess if your check is $100 per month, then 10 cents is a bearable loss. But some affiliates make tens of thousands... which means we are talking dozens of dollars.

I don't see any offer of compensation

that email was quite disappointing, expected at least some sort of credit

Realistically though... how much do you think you lost during those outages? Why it took them 10 days to release that email.... you got me, but it's difficult to prove we lost a certain amount, and even if we did an average, most of us would get less than $20. I'm curious why the letter didn't mention the late payments and other spotty connectivity we've experienced over the past few days and weeks.

My problem is not with the money, but rather the principle. Good affiliate networks and programs look at your average earnings and compensate you for such glitches. If they aren't willing to compensate us for 0.1%, what will happen if they have an outage of 12 hours? Or days?....

I know, I can replace all their ads with those of another network until they are up & running again, can't be too difficult! (except that would only work if they told me of the outage...)

I want my ten cents!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

They did compensate in the past, when it was more significant. I don't care too much about a small, rare outage. If it's large and/or frequent, something should definitely be done.

The honesty in explaining what happened is appreciated.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    I appreciate their acknowledgment of the problem, too and it's worth a .1 percent loss. I can take it.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I didn't even get the email... unless it's in the message center... oh the shame...

At least this will impact the bigger earners in a more predictable manner, if sales are regularly coming through, then it will be at the 0.1% level.

Smaller earners will in the main be totally unaffected as most won't have had any sales in the outage period, BUT I'll bet there are some smaller earners who missed out on a sale or sales that add up to 10%, 20% or even more of that months earnings. OK % means nothing unless in context, but the difference from say $100 a month to $80 a month matters if it's you and that's probably going to be the case for some.

What If The Situation Reversed Itself
    And everyone who ordered something during this 'outage' paid all but 0.01% of the purchase price?
    Would they still say "It's no big deal"?
    I suspect they would want their money.

Nature

Nature... CJ didn't make any money during the outage either... and if people paid all but .01%, CJ would have lost 30% of that .01% or .0033%, and I really doubt they would care.

What Paul Ward said...
    And along those lines...

Cj could calculate what each publisher makes per sale or lead on average (for the month). Then they could calculate how many sales per clicks each publisher gets (on average for the month). Then they could credit that amount as a percentage.

But, unless I'm mistaken, that seems like it would take a lot of work on their part and they have already lost money as Ticketguyz stated.

I'd be willing to settle for just a little bit more consistancy from CJ overall in a straight trade for the lost sales.

If it was ONLY 0.1%, why doesn't CJ fork it over to us. What might be a small amount to CJ is not small amount to us. Moreover what better incentive CJ to maintain it's applications than to loose money on such break downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Collier
    Cj could calculate what each publisher makes per sale or lead on average (for the month). Then they could calculate how many sales per clicks each publisher gets (on average for the month). Then they could credit that amount as a percentage.
    That doesn't make complete sense... you need to apply the percent you mention against another percentage, and that's the amount of time that the servers were down divided by hours in a month. Even if they were super generous and took the 100 or so minutes of the outage (does anyone remember it being closer to 3 hours that first day, or is it just me?), 100 minutes divided by the 44,640 minutes in May is only 0.22%, and we all know that sales aren't extremely prevalent during the hours of the stated outage. They didn't explain where they got the .1% from (just guessing they took the average number of sales during those hours divided by an avg monthly transaction total).

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    100 minutes divided by the 44,640 minutes in May is only 0.22%, and we all know that sales aren't extremely prevalent during the hours of the stated outage. They didn't explain where they got the .1% from (just guessing they took the average number of sales during those hours divided by an avg monthly transaction total).
    We got the numbers by calculating the difference between what would have been tracked and what was tracked during the down time. It is not as simple as the math equation you used above. Our number (0.1%) is accurate.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Thanks Todd. Your information and followup is always appreciated.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Nature... CJ didn't make any money during the outage either... and if people paid all but .01%, CJ would have lost 30% of that .01% or .0033%, and I really doubt they would care.
    I was talking about the Merchants,
    They should pay us (really You all, (y'all) I hardly ever make a sale) and cj

Nature

I want my dime!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I want my penny

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    We got the numbers by calculating the difference between what would have been tracked ...
    Uhh... how do you know what "would have been tracked"? That's freaking amazing if you guys can see into the future... care to tell me what will be tracking tomorrow? Todd... I'm just messing with ya, but seriously, you can't know what would have been tracked any more than you know what "was tracked during the downtime". If the entire network was down, NOTHING was being tracked, and you'd have to guestimate what should have been tracked using data from the past. Thanks for being around more lately though... goes a long way to proving the CJ is worth sticking with, through good times and bad.

Uhh... how do you know what "would have been tracked"? That's freaking amazing if you guys can see into the future...
    They look at what was tracked at this same time last year to know what to expect this year.

This is not identity theft, I am not pretending to be Todd

Nature

We compared data for the same day in the previous week and were able to estimate what was lost.

Thanks for the suportive posts.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

I want my 58 million back.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Any chance my reversals were lost

Geez - we'll complain about anything

OK..... so pay us 0.1% of what we would have made during the down time then. Or, at least send us another whistle or something. (My kids still fight over who gets the CJ whistle) and for heaven sakes (sorry sandra) give SSanf her dime!! (and I wouldn't mind getting MY 2 bits as well).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast