WTF does this mean?
    I've been unable to validate....just got this letter from a guy named Stephen Messer. 2nd paragraph:

"We are currently making a major change to our new affiliate registration system. Now, all affiliates who update their registration information through the new process will get paid whether or not LinkShare is able to successfully validate their registration information. Because of this new change, you will now continue to be active and to receive payment even if your information cannot be validated by our current registration system. Accordingly, if you have been trying and are still unsuccessful at updating your profile, we ask you to please try again now. Please note that it is essential for you to update your profile information through the new registration system in order to receive payment."

=======================
    Okay, I didn't leave a Mensa meeting to post this note, but it seems to me that the first part of the paragraph says we'll be paid even if not validated, while the 2nd part says that we won't be paid if not validated.

What's odd to me about this validation thing is that they don't say what they can't validate. I'm sort of confused about the whole thing.... will take it up with the merchants we work with tomorrow, as my previous emails to LinkShare have gone 100% unanswered.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MyRatePlan
    I've been unable to validate....just got this letter from a guy named Stephen Messer. 2nd paragraph:

=======================
    Okay, I didn't leave a Mensa meeting to post this note, but it seems to me that the first part of the paragraph says we'll be paid even if not validated, while the 2nd part says that we won't be paid if not validated.
    I guess it was that extra beer. Actually, pretty funny.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Looks to me like what you quoted is saying that everyone who update their registration will be paid but that the registration now does not have to be verified for payment. Also for those who have been unable to do the registration in the past they should go and update their profile again because a major change has been made in the process.

I didn't get that email myself so I don't know what the full context of the email was, but that's how I'm reading the part you quoted.

The same from Stephen Messer email says:

If you have mistakenly registered a "payto" or legal entity information and wish to edit it we are working on a long-term solution. We are planning to update the system to allow editing of certain information. Because of additional development and testing this update should be available in three to four weeks. In the mean time, you can either have the check mailed as normal or you can increase your affiliate threshold above the amount of commissions you expect to earn. Our system will not send commission checks if your commission total for the month is less than the threshold you set. We understand that this is not an ideal fix but is the best that we can do at this time.
    I wonder what "have the check mailed as normal" means? Will they use the original payee name or the incorrect one that is in the new system?

I've set my payment threshold high (as suggested by Stephen Messer) so I won't get a check with the wrong name. However, if "as normal" means they're going to use the original (correct) name, then I should remove the threshold amount.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Yikes!

P.S. I just tried to update my profile again and still no luck.

This email tonight that others are referring to reminds me of two things.
    1. My first attempt to write a “Terms of Use”, “Privacy Policy”, and other small print areas of my first site. The wording was so long and drawn out I could have, and eventually did remove 85% of the words, which gave a much clearer and easier to understand policy.
    2. The 1984 movie “Amadeus” when the Emperor says to Mozart “Too many notes…”. Only those who have enjoyed this movie will understand the humor

Stephen, you’re making this process too complicated, wordy and drawn out. Although I’m fairly sure I’ve personally completed the validation, I’m sure others are trying to find the secret decoder ring to get through this mess.

I received the same email. The last line says --

...Please note that it is essential for you to update your profile information through the new registration system in order to receive payment."

huh?

I HAVE! Four TIMES! I think.. I'm so confused now. Maybe I never did, maybe I just hallucinated that I did. Maybe the screen shots I took aren't real. Maybe I don't really exist. Maybe the four years that I've been with LS weren't real. Maybe all the sales generated from my site to merchants at LS weren't real. It's all me..I know it.

Seriously -- can anyone who got the email figure out what this email means?

Don't feel bad. Mr. Messer personally told me I am validated, yet I keep getting these emails. Seems I also have to other accounts I was unaware of that have not been consilidated which is holding everything up. What's worse is it took until now for them to tell me this.

I spent 20 minutes on the phone to a (very nice) support person who was just about as baffled as I was. Of the other two accounts I seem to have, one was deactivated long ago (but may still be holding up things) and the other was active. Tried several times to consilidate the two active ones and finally we were able to do it. Still, we have no idea if I am really registered or not. They said they would get back to me.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    I HAVE! Four TIMES! I think.. I'm so confused now. Maybe I never did, maybe I just hallucinated that I did. Maybe the screen shots I took aren't real. Maybe I don't really exist. Maybe the four years that I've been with LS weren't real. Maybe all the sales generated from my site to merchants at LS weren't real. It's all me..I know it.

Funny leeann,

--- I think we've all crossed over into the LinkShare Twilight Zone ---

I'm not merging any of my inactivate accounts. Things are messed up enough without them. I've never used any of them. Most were created "for me" when merchants switched from other networks to Linkshare. I always sign up under my main account and ignore these auto-generated accounts.

Michael,

You won't believe it. I just went in and logged in at LS and guess what? Yep, all my sales are gone and instead of the account I have been using for over two years, all that shows is some old, old account with only $5 in it and none of my current merchants.

Sure hope they find all my commissions. What's worse, I don't know if any sales are going to be recorded properly or not. I've emailed support, but am also going to email my remaining merchants so they can keep an eye on this.

I suppose I will never get a check at this point.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

It seems pretty clear to me. You have to finish the new registration (but not necessarily the verification) in order to get paid. I'm sure once they get the bugs worked out of the verification system, they'll require verification as well.

leeann wrote:
    The way I see it, this e-mail means that since you updated your account you will receive a check even though you might still be not verified.

Michael Coley wrote:
    I'm sure once they get the bugs worked out of the verification system, they'll require verification as well.
    Hopefully this time around the verification system will be revised in such a way that no legitimate affiliate is left out like, for example, allowing affiliates who are not verified to submit proof of address and also allowing newly formed corporations to submit documentation in case they are not yet listed in the 3rd party database.

marcelle

It seems pretty clear to me. You have to finish the new registration (but not necessarily the verification) in order to get paid. I'm sure once they get the bugs worked out of the verification system, they'll require verification as well.
    It's not clear at all to me.

Now that the error page is no longer there when I login, that means that my registration is good, but not necessarily that I am verified?

So, is anyone verified? Is there any way to know if you are verified, or is the best we can do at this point is confirm that we are correctly registered?

If some are verified and some are not, but there is no way to tell the difference, and it doesn't matter (for now), why can't Mr. Messer just say that. Clarity is not his strong suit. Or even a mediocre one...

This is such a farce at this point.

If it helps you feel any more confident about your own validation, I'm still getting the error page.

Unhappy
    Mark Twain once said, "I didn't have enough time to write a short letter so I wrote a long one."

The folks at Linkshare are not clear communicators. They're trying to dump everything they're thinking, along with some misdirected desire for corporate-speak into communiques that are aimed at an increasingly disgusted audience that would like to hear things succinctly.

I got the e-mail last night too. I registered, got validated and was in the first batch of checks.

Beats me.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Angry
    This is so fricken ridiculous. Not only did my last email say the problem would be fixed on the 16th, but they then told others the week of the 16th, and it's still not fixed and it's now the week of the 23! Wtf?! I emailed them again last Friday, when it seemed apparent that it would not be fixed by week end. Still haven't received a response - and didn't receive the email you are all talking about. I am still unverified - and I notice that when I do change any info in my reg, it reverts back to the old info ANYWAY, and says it can't verify me. When I try to consolidate it says ' You have provided a login for an affiliate that has already been legally validated. ' So how is this true if their bloody system is saying 'We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions.'?

So I'm legally validated, but unverifiable??

I can't take it anymore!! I'm cracking up!!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Update:
    This afternoon, I again edited and updated my entity name. The update took this time, and I am apparently now registered and validated. Whew!

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by gen
    Update:
    This afternoon, I again edited and updated my entity name. The update took this time, and I am apparently now registered and validated. Whew!
    Could only be a one time thing.

You have better check back later and see if you are still validated then.

Originally Posted by gen
    Update:
    Could only be a one time thing.

You have better check back later and see if you are still validated then.
    Thanks for the heads up. I've checked again today and everything looks fine so far.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread