Affiliate Network Rep
    Update Regarding the New Registration and Validation Process
    Hi all -

I want to thank you for your patience as we transition to our new registration
    and verification system. I know that for some of you the last few weeks have been both frustrating and tiring as you have tried to get verified. Going into this I did not expect the process to be easy, but at the same time I did not expect it to cause some of you the pain it has. At the same time I hope everyone realizes that this project was not done to create problems but to help us address many of the problems that you are all too familiar with. Based on that we have sent out the following communication. Hopefully this will allow you all to get paid while we continue to work on improving this process. If there is an aspect of this email that is confusing please let me know and I will do my best to clarify it.

Here is the email:

You are getting this email because you have not completed the new registration, or have an account that has not been successfully validated. You may also be getting this email because you have old accounts that have not been shut down or need to be consolidated which also may be showing up as not being validated.

We are currently making a major change to our new affiliate registration system. Now, all affiliates who update their registration information through the new process will get paid whether or not LinkShare is able to successfully validate their registration information. Because of this new change, you will now continue to be active and to receive payment even if your information cannot be validated by our current registration system. Accordingly, if you have been trying and are still unsuccessful at updating your profile, we ask you to please try again now. Please note that it is essential for you to update your profile information through the new registration system in order to receive payment.

If you have already successfully passed the validation process no action is necessary. If you are unsure if you have already registered, login to your affiliate account. If you see the initial registration screen with the “Join Now” button at the bottom of the screen you still need to go through the registration process.

We are implementing these changes today to the check cutting process and consequently the previously scheduled May 23 commission check batch will be delayed approximately 1 to 3 days.

If you have multiple accounts please update the information for one account only. This updated account will become your main account then you can consolidate your other (non-registered) accounts as affiliate marketing channels from the update profile link in your main account. Below are the step-by-step account consolidation instructions. If you have registered more than one legal entity/main account we plan to roll-out a tool in the near future that allows you to consolidate multiple legal entity accounts.

If you have mistakenly registered a “payto” or legal entity information and wish to edit it we are working on a long-term solution. We are planning to update the system to allow editing of certain information. Because of additional development and testing this update should be available in three to four weeks. In the mean time, you can either have the check mailed as normal or you can increase your affiliate threshold above the amount of commissions you expect to earn. Our system will not send commission checks if your commission total for the month is less than the threshold you set. We understand that this is not an ideal fix but is the best that we can do at this time.

We apologize for the inconvenience this rollout may have caused you. We hope these changes will correct some of the mishaps that have occurred. At the same time, we will be continuing to work on the validation process behind the scenes, so that future attempts to validate your profile information will meet greater success (except, of course, where information cannot be validated due to real fraud or other problems). We believe that all of us will benefit from the security, consolidated payments, and direct deposit services that this new registration and verification process brings. On behalf of all of us, thank you for being a LinkShare affiliate.

Best Regards,

Stephen Messer

If you need to consolidate accounts, here’s how you do it:

· Login to the account that you want to be your main account (we also call it
    the legal entity account). Make sure that it has been validated, or if it has
    not, re-register it now.
    · Even if it has not been validated at the end of your re-registration, you can
    still consolidate other accounts under it
    · Click on Update Profile link
    · Scroll down to the Consolidate Affiliate Channels section
    · Click "Consolidate Affiliate Channels"
    · Enter the username and password of the affiliate account that you want to
    aggregate as an affiliate channel of your legal entity account.
    · Click the "Consolidate" button. You will see a confirmation screen that the
    affiliate account was successfully added as an affiliate channel.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Please note that it is essential for you to update your profile information through the new registration system in order to receive payment.
    Hi Stephen,

Would I be correct in assuming that the above means "in the future" as it conflicts with the below line of that same paragraph

ecause of this new change, you will now continue to be active and to receive payment even if your information cannot be validated by our current registration system.
    Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

The way I read it, you have to go through the registration to get paid, but don't necessarily have to be verified yet. It looks like it's talking about the same thing, but registration and verification are separate steps.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    "You are getting this email because you have not completed the new registration, or have an account that has not been successfully validated. You may also be getting this email because you have old accounts that have not been shut down or need to be consolidated which also may be showing up as not being validated."

I got that email but i don't see any error message anymore when i login so i'm good to go right? I think i have an old account that i signed up for a merchant which signed me up for a new LS account but i haven't been to that account in years, merchant went away, don't even know the login. Can i do this:
    Forgot your username?
    Enter your e-mail address below and we'll send it to you.

That won't screw up anything will it, like my main account? Thanks.

It just sends the login info, doesn't effect the account status.

I did a merge of a number of our test accounts this week and that worked like a charm

It creates it as a new channel within the master account meaning it can be accessed as part of the master account or through the old password and visible as ONLY that channel. Kind of neat for people who want to bring in others to be their second tier/sub affiliates in Linkshare and retain tight control of them.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

smesser wrote:
    ...Because of this new change, you will now continue to be active and to receive payment even if your information cannot be validated by our current registration system.
    I was validated last weak, but nevertheless thank you for this step that should put all the affiliates minds at ease whether they were validated or not.

TrustNo1 wrote:
    Can i do this:
    Forgot your username?

That won't screw up anything will it, like my main account? Thanks.
    I have a problem identical to yours. I used the (forgot your username) tool. Worked fine. Nothing got screwed up.

marcelle

ABW Ambassador
    Once accounts are consolidated - where are they in reports and add links? Is there a delay? Is there some master switch to the other account somewhere?

ABW Ambassador
    On the very top, to the left of the username there should be a drop down box where you can shuttle between the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Once accounts are consolidated - where are they in reports and add links? Is there a delay? Is there some master switch to the other account somewhere?
    For me, there is a drop-down menu at the top of the page, to select different accounts.
    [left][font=Trebuchet MS][color=darkslategray][/color][/font] [/left]

..and it is instant, no delays, it is there as soon as the button is clicked.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    This thread got me thinking, so I started pumping in email addresses to the forgot username box and hit paydirt after awhile... there was one old old account out there still with a merchant I don't use.

I don't want to consolidate this account with my current one. Can I just skip that and still get paid or should I go into the old junk account and deactivate it?
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    On the very top, to the left of the username there should be a drop down box where you can shuttle between the accounts.
    It would be so nice if the good folks at LS would tell us this sorth of thing!!!!!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Unable to Log In
    An unexpected error has occurred in SynergyAnalytics. Please re-try your request at a later time.
    Error Details
    Error Codes: OPR4ONWY:U9IM8TAC
    Location: saw.threads, saw.threadPool, saw.threadPool, saw.rpc.server.socketServer, saw.rpc.server, saw.rpc.server.responder, saw.httpserver.request, saw.connectionPool.getConnection
    File: connection.cpp, Line: 309
    State: 08003. Code: 10017. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: 08003] [nQSError: 10017] The connect operation failed. [nQSError: 10092]

The Siebel Analytics Server is not currently running. (08003)

The content you've requested requires that you be logged in to the SynergyAnalytics™.

Stephen,

The email says:

If you have mistakenly registered a "payto" or legal entity information and wish to edit it we are working on a long-term solution. We are planning to update the system to allow editing of certain information. Because of additional development and testing this update should be available in three to four weeks. In the mean time, you can either have the check mailed as normal or you can increase your affiliate threshold above the amount of commissions you expect to earn. Our system will not send commission checks if your commission total for the month is less than the threshold you set. We understand that this is not an ideal fix but is the best that we can do at this time.
    I'm wondering what "have the check mailed as normal" means? Will you use the original payee name or the incorrect one that is in the new system?

I've set my payment threshold high (as suggested) so I won't get a check with the wrong name. However, if "as normal" means you're going to use the original (correct) name, then I should remove the threshold amount.

I've registered but am not validated. My entity name is incorrect and phone number is the default of "9999999999." I've continued to attempt to update them, but have not been successful.

Bottom line question: If I remove the threshold amount, will I be paid using my original payee name?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by weblady
    Unable to Log In
    An unexpected error has occurred in SynergyAnalytics. Please re-try your request at a later time.
    Error Details
    Location: saw.threads, saw.threadPool, saw.threadPool, saw.rpc.server.socketServer, saw.rpc.server, saw.rpc.server.responder, saw.httpserver.request, saw.connectionPool.getConnection
    State: 08003. Code: 10017. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: 08003] [nQSError: 10017] The connect operation failed. [nQSError: 10092]

The content you've requested requires that you be logged in to the SynergyAnalytics™.
    Same here. I just reported it to LS before I saw this post.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I was having trouble figuring out why I couldn't validate (and I am from the U.S.) and it was a misleading field title at the beginning.

It said "company name" so I put my company name, when what was required was my name to validate as a sole proprietor. Maybe add a little note or change field title to "Company or Owner Name"?

Quote Originally Posted by smesser
    If you have mistakenly registered a “payto” or legal entity information and wish to edit it we are working on a long-term solution. We are planning to update the system to allow editing of certain information. Because of additional development and testing this update should be available in three to four weeks.

I have increased my threshold to a high number but here is my prediction: When we are finally able to change our payto field, the system will be screwed up and we won't be able to change the threshold level for another three to four weeks. Probably sometime around Christmas I will see my #$@#%$^ check. For the frustration that we have gone through, I think we need to have another 0 added to our commission checks.

Anyone who has received a consolidated check: are the #$%^& Dash for Cash bonuses included? We should have gotten those by 4/15.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by weblady
    Unable to Log In
    Error Details

I am getting this same additional login screen when I go to Synergy Analytics too. Has my regular username with an underscore and a number in the login name box.

Short story, it doesn't work. Is this something new ? Or is something broken?

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by abelony
    For the frustration that we have gone through, I think we need to have another 0 added to our commission checks.
    Of course with Linkshare, that would change a $123.45 check into $0123.45 or $123.450.

Quote Originally Posted by abelony
    Anyone who has received a consolidated check: are the #$%^& Dash for Cash bonuses included? We should have gotten those by 4/15.
    I haven't received my check yet, but a payment that includes a Q4 Dash for Cash bonus shows in the Synergy Analytics report. I'm quite upset that I'm having to wait until the end of May to get a Q4 bonus. 4/15 would have been bad enough.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I haven't received my check yet, but a payment that includes a Q4 Dash for Cash bonus shows in the Synergy Analytics report. I'm quite upset that I'm having to wait until the end of May to get a Q4 bonus. 4/15 would have been bad enough.

Are you able to log in to SynergyAnalytics right now?
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

No. Error: "The Siebel Analytics Server is not currently running."

I saw the payment last week when it was generated. The amount looked like the amount I earned from the merchant for March plus the amount I earned from the Q4 bonus. Of course it would be easier to tell if we had access to the "Payment Report" or something comparable that showed adjustments. But this one was pretty obvious.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I can't log in to Synergy Analytics either!

marcelle

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread