Todd, I beg of you...
    ...please push the idea to the dev team, or whoever needs to hear it, to offer affiliates a way to withdraw our Pending Applications. My sig states it but I'm absolutely tired of merchants dragging ass on checking affiliate applications.

I have 3 that have been sitting there since the 5th of this month. I understand the need for some merchants to manually approve applications. However, I don't understand the need for it to take 3 weeks or more. This is definitely not the first time either.

Hell, it took you guys 3+ months to reject my CJ recruiter application. On the bright side, I have some affiliates under me now at SAS who are starting to churn some revenue.

Now go have a and think it over.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

I can enter it as an NFR. Does it really matter to have applications in pending though? I know it is frustrating to never get approved (or at least rejected). Would you rather have a way to reapply of "bump" your application or are you more interested in just withdrawing it?
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

If a lengthy (IMO) amount of time passes I'd tend to just want to withdraw the application. I try to be as patient as possible but sometimes I run out of patience and often times out of interest. Usually the latter.

I'd rather be rejected right off the bat than seemingly ignored like I don't matter.

Maybe it's just me...

Good suggestion Todd. What do the merchants see on their end though? If we were to "bump" it, would it move to the top of the pile? Also, I've asked a few times, but nobody has answered this question... what do merchants see when they look to approve a publisher? Can they see our earnings balance? Our EPC? Other merchants we promote? Or can they see just basic information like our contact info and website?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Good suggestion Todd. What do the merchants see on their end though? If we were to "bump" it, would it move to the top of the pile? Also, I've asked a few times, but nobody has answered this question... what do merchants see when they look to approve a publisher? Can they see our earnings balance? Our EPC? Other merchants we promote? Or can they see just basic information like our contact info and website?
    We do not have anything like a 'bump' feature right now. I am just trying to get the needs addressed without necessarily jumping to the solution right away. I would like to know what problem we are trying to solve and what we would prefer to see happen. Right now the suggestion is to withdrawl the application. I wanted to know if there was a better way or additional option I should sumbit.
    Todd Crawford

Right now the suggestion is to withdrawl the application.
    I like that idea too.

as to the rejected applications, I like it the way it's because I like to remember who rejected my site when I was poor, so when I get rich, I then be able to reject them as a payback.

I would actually like to see both options: a "bump" for merchants we really, really want to work with and a "withdrawal" for ones we decide we don't want to work with. Personally, I have 4 applications pending, one since September 27, 2004. I have contacted some of these merchants and received no response. At this time, I'd like to just withdraw some of the applications. Others, I'd like to give a little more time and perhaps a "bump" feature would work well here.

ABW Ambassador
    I like both the ideas - bump and withdraw.

I have one application in LS for a big bank waiting for almost 3 years.
    Last edited by Kcedit; May 24th, 2005 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling

I doubt a "bump" would help.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Same here. If they're too bothered to check your application the first time around, I really doubt a "bump" would offer any extra encouragement.

I was trying to think of the easiest way (programming wise) as possible. A little more than adding a checkbox next to each with a "withdraw" button down below. Just like the Delete option in the mailbox.

My original idea was auto-expiring applications. That would require options to be placed in the affiliate account manager though. Default it to never for users who don't care or may not know about the option. Then a variety of choices for the user who wants to take advantage of it. 1 week, 2 weeks, a month, 2 months, a year.....

But as I said, the checkbox idea just seemed so much easier (and more likely to get done).

Maybe the ability to withdrawl and then reapply would be the same as some kind of "bump" feature?
    Todd Crawford

Internet Cowboy
    While we are at it, could you have a message on the Acct Mgr page telling us if we have CJ mail or not? Maybe something like "You Have 2 New Messages" or the like? It often takes 60 seconds for the mail interface to open. That will save publishers some time and CJ some bandwidth if we know whether or not we have new mail.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    While we are at it, could you have a message on the Acct Mgr page telling us if we have CJ mail or not? Maybe something like "You Have 2 New Messages" or the like? It often takes 60 seconds for the mail interface to open. That will save publishers some time and CJ some bandwidth if we know whether or not we have new mail.
    Thanks
    Good idea, as long as that doesn't cause the account manager page to take 60 seconds to load.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    After further thought, we should be really careful suggesting changes of any kind to CJ with their history of upgrades in the past months.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    Maybe the ability to withdrawl and then reapply would be the same as some kind of "bump" feature?
    I wouldn't mind having the ability to reapply at some point (things could change down the road). But not any kind of withdraw => instant reapply automatic thing. Another manual join of my choosing just like the first time.

I just think this would make that part of the playing field a little more level. Let the affiliate have a little control over how they're handled and not just being at the mercy of the merchant(s).

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    After further thought, we should be really careful suggesting changes of any kind to CJ with their history of upgrades in the past months.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Linkshare? Most of CJ's upgrades are fairly smooth and any small problems are resolved quickly.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I have a pending app since 4-Sep-2004

Since then I found a merchant here on the boards to use instead that has the same exact product catalog and approved me with no problem. I'd like the option to withdraw my application.
    Mel

Lets not make to many request. Don't want to bog down the system and that 0.01% turns into 0.02%

I had two merchants that I was waiting for approval for over a year who would not respond to emails. I finally contacted CJ support and they deleted them for me.

Always amazes me that some merchants survive when they do such a poor job of working with affiliates. In this case, I don't see very good EPC numbers for those merchants which could explain a lot.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    I probably have some pending, don't pay much attention to it. If it's a merchant you really want, just try emailing them and tell them you applied but haven't heard anything. If you don't hear from them after that, forget them.

I think the option to withdraw and maybe reapply later is an excellent idea.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread