Affiliate Network Rep
    update 5/24
    Hi all –

I’ve been looking through the threads and will try to address a number of issues I’ve seen discussed today:

- Registration and Validation
    We’ve worked hard to get through the validation issues with a temporary fix that will allow even non-validated affiliates to get paid. If you have been trying and are still unsuccessful at updating your profile, we ask you to please try again now. Registration is not the same thing as validation. The registration updates all your information in the new system. After you’ve registered, you may get a screen telling you that you were, or were not validated, but that’s okay. Please note that it is essential for you to update your profile information through the new registration system in order to receive payment. As I’ve mentioned, the May 23 commission check batch will be slightly delayed, but the new consolidated checks will continue to flow smoothly after that.

- The “Payto” field workaround and Affiliate Payments
    If your “payto” address or name is wrong, in 3 or 4 weeks you will be able to go in and edit it. As soon as you are able to edit these fields I will let you know. It is a top development priority here. In the meantime, you can either have the check mailed or you can increase your affiliate threshold above the amount of commissions you expect to earn. Our system will not send commission checks if your commission total for the month is less than the threshold you set. And yes, you will be able to lower the threshold back down when you edit the “payto” fields. Some have suggested that we are deliberately holding back payment from affiliates. Nothing could be further from the truth. We do not -- I repeat, *not* -- collect interest or benefit financially or otherwise in any way whatsoever by holding onto your monies one week, one day or even one minute longer than we need to once we have received funds from the merchant. We’re doing everything we can – including foregoing validation for the time being – to get you paid.

- Synergy Analytics
    Sorry, it was down this afternoon for a couple of hours. It had nothing to do
    with anyone’s registration status.

I’ll continue to keep you updated as soon as I have more information to share.

Best regards,
    Stephen

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I guess you missed the thread where we asked you who the third party is that you share our personal data with?

Are you going to tell us or not?

The only thing I wanted to see in this thread was that ALL the checks have been cut today and have gone out in the mail!

I guess I had higher expectations

Stephen,

Thanks for the update. Will there be, or is there already, a report similar to the old "payment history" report?

marcelle

What about the people you terminated without so much as the courtesy of an explaination? Are you going to reinstate them and pay them the monies owed to them?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by smesser
    - Synergy Analytics
    Sorry, it was down this afternoon for a couple of hours. It had nothing to do
    with anyone’s registration status.

Best regards,
    Stephen
    Actually, it was more like fourteen-hours, but who's counting.

I did notice you were going to finally pay me - awesome, thank you. I'll be waiting out at out mailbox...

Fred

Mr. Messer,

That sure was not much of a response if you have been reading the threads here.

Also, Synergy Analytics was down this morning too, so it was a bigger probelm than you were told by your staff. I know, I was trying to still get my registration/consilidation fixed today with one of your techs when I discovered it was down this morning.

For me, I still have not been paid and there are still surprises at every turn. As you and I discussed this last week I was informed I had three accounts (somehow) and things were being held up because my account was not consilidated. How are we supposed to know about things like this? These old accounts were years old. I wonder if other folks are having this problem and don't even know about it.

Okay, now, when am I going to be paid? Is my account finally done? Any other surprises I should be looking for?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

you'll be surprised when you actually get a check and can't figure out why it's for that amount.
    You'll wonder if you are getting paid in installments until they figure this out.
    You might also wonder if Stephen is getting a full check come payday.

Then you'll realize ... it doesn't matter what you wonder. It doesn't matter what you say or even think.

Stephen has a nice happy place he goes home to where the bills are paid and the bank accounts are so full his accountant has dreams of peaches and cream, bottles of Dom, chirping birds and dancing butterflies fluttering over Bentleys.

Why then, would he have any sense of urgency to PAY US FULLY AND COMPLETELY.

<<<---- not bitter
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

stephen,

distressed to hear that changing the erroneous "pay to" field (currently locked) will take 3 to 4 more weeks, resulting in an overall payment delay of close to three months.

we all expect that you shall make the extra effort to shorten this period considerably.

heisje

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    we all expect that you shall make the extra effort to shorten this period considerably.
    Actually that's not true. Some of us would be amazed if that happened without severe prodding.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Actually that's not true. Some of us would be amazed if that happened without severe prodding.
    ooooooooooooooooo
    now taking bids on who gets the privilege of doing the actual prodding?
    Anyone have one of those electric ones?
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    As you and I discussed this last week I was informed I had three accounts (somehow) and things were being held up because my account was not consilidated. How are we supposed to know about things like this? These old accounts were years old. I wonder if other folks are having this problem and don't even know about it.
    When Overstock left BF and moved to LS, they created an account for me. I never used it because I already had a LS account. I never wanted it, but I still get emails from LS to it. I tried writing LS once asking that they remove the account and stop sending me the emails, but nothing ever came of it. I have no idea what the login name and password are.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    When Overstock left BF and moved to LS, they created an account for me. I never used it because I already had a LS account. I never wanted it, but I still get emails from LS to it. I tried writing LS once asking that they remove the account and stop sending me the emails, but nothing ever came of it. I have no idea what the login name and password are.
    You can use the "Send Username" link if you know the email address that was used on the account. After you get the username, you can use the "Lost Password" and reset the password.

Steve, I do have a question pertaining to this though. I too discovered an old account that I do not need or want consolidated. Can I just go in and choose to deactivate that account in some way? Do I HAVE to consolidate it with my old account in order to be paid? The one merchant that is that account is useless to me since I already have them in my master account anyways.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by smesser
    Some have suggested that we are deliberately holding back payment from affiliates. Nothing could be further from the truth. We do not -- I repeat, *not* -- collect interest or benefit financially or otherwise in any way whatsoever by holding onto your monies one week, one day or even one minute longer than we need to once we have received funds from the merchant.
    oh really? holding thousands of dollars over for one week? try more like 5 weeks and counting. And this won't offer you an opportunity to earn interest? You need a new bank. Give me a break... The magic words here are.."your monies"... please try to remember whose money it is and get those checks sent out. At this point --in your own words -- it isn't your money you're holding onto.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    Thanks for the update. Will there be, or is there already, a report similar to the old "payment history" report?
    marcelle,
    login to synergy... (see sidenote)
    click on Network Transaction Analysis
    click on Partner Payment Distribution
    follow the prompts.... unfortunately this report doesn't contain details about which transactions were included... you have to guess.... March and April are still unavailable....

Hope that helps,
    Judith

sidenote: ooops... login to linkshare then click on the linksynergy link... if you get logged out of lynksynergy you have to go back to linkshare to start over... my linkshare username/password does not work with linksynergy... everytime I get disconnected from the internet I have to go back and login again...

Originally Posted by smesser
    Some have suggested that we are deliberately holding back payment from affiliates. Nothing could be further from the truth. We do not -- I repeat, *not* -- collect interest or benefit financially or otherwise in any way whatsoever by holding onto your monies one week, one day or even one minute longer than we need to once we have received funds from the merchant.
    Not sure where this is posted, but it is pure BULL!

LS received funds from some of my merchants the very first of April and the very first of May. I still do not have those checks so don't tell my you don't hold on them one minute longer than after you have received them.

You many not get interest on "OUR" money that you are holding from us, but neither are we and I had to dip in to my personal savings account to cover my business expenses. That means not only did I lose the opportunity to gain interest on any of this money, I lost interest by not having that money in my personal account.

While you are backpedaling with regards to the registration/validation fiasco, stop everything and pay your affiliates who are still waiting five weeks for checks.

I'm in the process of communicating with many LS merchants about this right now and the overwhelming feedback I am getting from them is they are VERY unhappy about the way LS has been treating their affiliates. Most all have indicated that they have been addressing these issues with LS, and some say they are just falling on "deaf ears" at LS.

You have mistreated both your affiliates and your merchants Mr. Messer. It's time to make peace and get everyone paid TODAY! Then take the time to fix whatever needs fixed and do it all when you are not in BETA mode. Small problems should be expected in any big change, but when they become overwhelming obstacles for your affiliates and merchants, you need to stop and make sure that "business as usual" is in place, making sure affiliates are getting the commissions promised them, being your number one priority.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread