Unused Linkshare Usernames Question
    Okay.

I went to the login page and entered my email where it asks if you have forgotten your username. I wanted to see if I had any old usernames that I had forgotten about.

It came back with 2 that were barely if ever used, and my current username.

My question is: do I have to register with these other 2 "unused" accounts in addition to my active account in order to get paid.

I don't want to mess around with anything that I don't have to mess around with, so if it's not necessary, I just want to forget about the 2 old ones.

Does anybody know the definitive anser to this question?

Thanks

I'm interested in the answer to this, too. If there's a way to just delete these old accounts, that's what I would prefer to do. I've never used them and never plan to. They were created "for me" by merchants who moved to Linkshare from other networks. I always just sign up with the merchants under my main account if they create a new account for me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Same kind of problem. I have my main account. I had a second that i had a few merchants on, that approved me into the main when i was having consolidating account problems. That account is now colidated into the main. Then i have another that i've never used. After you click account there is a Deactivate My Account link, i would guess do the trick.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I too have the same problem.

I would like to just deactivate the old account since it is useless, but before I do, I want to make sure it isn't going to screw things up further.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    I too have the same problem.

I would like to just deactivate the old account since it is useless, but before I do, I want to make sure it isn't going to screw things up further.

Same here. I don't want to deactivate ANYTHING in Linkshare, with all that's going on with the accounts in general.

Michael Coley wrote:
    I'm interested in the answer to this, too. If there's a way to just delete these old accounts, that's what I would prefer to do.
    I say why worry. The inactive account is not doing anyone any harm. In an attempt to delete these accounts other things might get screwed up. Probably one day LS would delete all inactive accounts.

Gr Sacc
    Same here. I don't want to deactivate ANYTHING in Linkshare, with all that's going on with the accounts in general.
    You're right!

marcelle

Hi all!

Boy, do I have your answers to this question of the day. And you probably won't like the answer.

I found out I was not being paid because I had not consilidated accounts (ones I did not know I even had). I spoke to a tech support person at LS (who was VERY helpful, but the way....giving praise here as I'm sure they do not get much lately). First I wanted to know if I should delete both accounts. Seems one was active and the other was not (says Do You Want To Reactivate Account on Your Account page if it is deactivated). He suggested we conslidate the two active accounts instead of trying to delete them. So, I tried and it would not give me the option to put in the other username of the other active acount. Actually had to go out of the screen for that and come back about three times before the, for reasons unkown, gave me a screen where I could put in the username and password of the account I wanted to consilidate.

All went well and both accounts are now active as one. Problem is, I still have not been showed that I've been paid AND whenever I log into LS now the primary account is the one that I never used without any merchants in it. Took me hours to figure out, but at the of any LS screen is a white box you click on that lists all your accounts and I have to now make a few extra clicks each time I log on to get to my active account.

I really wish I could have just deleted the other two accounts, but the tech suggested this would be the better approach.

I still have not been paid and, since the LS system has no way of telling you what I may be missing anywhere, I have no idea if I really am compliant with all the registration stuff or not. The LS tech contacted me this morning and said he would let me know today if I was and when I will get my first check.

Good luck all!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I say why worry. The inactive account is not doing anyone any harm. In an attempt to delete these accounts other things might get screwed up. Probably one day LS would delete all inactive accounts.
    Trying to delete the extra accounts might screw things up. I am concerned about that too. But having two unused extra accounts that I just realized I have could keep me from getting paid. I may have to try to consolidate them, and then I could run into more problems. I would really prefer to just delete them than to consolidate 2 worthless and unused accounts.

Which leads me to this question. How do you delete an account? Anyone know? I see a button in "Your Account" where you can deactivate your account, but I don't see anywhere to delete it.

Anyone have any ideas?

stannis wrote:
    But having two unused extra accounts that I just realized I have could keep me from getting paid
    Where did you get this from? LS just said they will pay all affiliates who are registered into the new system even if they are not validated. No one mentioned anything about this!

7-Days wrote:
    I found out I was not being paid because I had not consilidated accounts
    Some affiliates, including myself, haven't been paid yet simply because they got validated after the May 17 payment. Maybe you are not being paid for the same reason. I say wait a few days until the payment of May 23rd shows up in the system before you panic.

marcelle
    Last edited by marcelle; May 26th, 2005 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Clarity

Where did you get this from? LS just said they will pay all affiliates who are registered into the new system even if they are not validated. No one mentioned anything about this!
    The unused accounts I have are not registered. I do not want to register them, because I do not want to consolidate 2 accounts which I have no use for. I also don't want things to get screwed up while attempting to register and then consolidate these 2 unused accounts. I want it simple. I want them gone, deleted, no problems. It should not be a problem to just delete an account. Anyone know how?

I think it would probably be best to wait for an answer from Stephen.

I have a feeling that the inactivate accounts won't hurt us, but who knows.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

To clarify, I heard it from Mr. Messer himself. I was still not showing that I was paid and received the email last week that said I would not get paid if I was not registered or consilidated. I could not figure out why I was getting the email if Mr. Messer had already told me I was registered and verified. His response was:
    ... The reason you have gotten that email is that you have 3 different sids. The one that you sent me has been verified but you need to consolidate the others under the verified entitiy. Please go to your update profile tab and down to consolidate accounts. ...
    Now, he did not exactly say I was not going to get paid because of this, but if I'm still getting emails that I'm missing something in order to get paid, I would assume the consilidation was the issue.

However, every time I think I have completed everything that LS wants of me they tell me there is something else. And, of course, I still have not been paid nor do I know when I ever will be.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I (presumably--haven't seen the check yet) got paid on 5/17, and I know I have several inactive accounts that I haven't merged or deleted.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Michael Coley wrote:
    I (presumably--haven't seen the check yet)
    None of the affiliates has reported receivng the 17th check. It seems to be a problem of a general nature.

marcelle

I can't find the thread that listed the batch dates. Does anyone recall what the batch schedule was for this month? Anyone heard what it is for next month?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Batches this month: 5/9, 5/16, and 5/23.

Ongoing: 8th and 23rd of each month
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks, Michael. Now if only those dates really meant anything, right?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Obviously the ones for this month don't. We'll see about next month and the month after.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread