Reports for May 24, 2005.
    Hello,

It seems as though yesterdays reports are a mess. Impressions seem to be reported but no clicks or sales. Anyone else seeing this.

Regards,

ABW Ambassador
    I am seeing the same thing, but I don't think I see impressions reported for some either.

I saw 0 clicks and 0 sales until just about now. The clicks just updated, but still no sales.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Same here Snib, clicks updated just now but no sales. Let's hope thats not the case

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I see the clicks and impressions updated now, but no sales.

I'm seeing sales for many of my Linkshare merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I saw 0 clicks and 0 sales until just about now. The clicks just updated, but still no sales.

- Scott
    The same! Impressions updated but no click and sales

My bad, I assumed this was in the Overstock forum. I do have sales for other merchants, just not Overstock.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

My bad II, also referring to Overstock.

I'm not showing any sales for Overstock, either. They probably had another errror in their LTRANS and need to retransmit it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Sales have just updated.

My 5/24 sales have not updated yet. Anyone else? Also Sat & Sunday did not update until Monday.

My Saturday and Sunday did not update until Monday either, although my sales for today have updated. Strange.

Also on Friday did anybody else see an update of sales for Wed, Thu?

I haven't been paying close enough attention to tell about the previous updates, but I do show at least a partial update with 5/24 sales. I'm not confident that it's complete, but I can't really tell. A new bot was clicking a bunch of my links yesterday so my clicks are inflated.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I'm pretty much a newbie to the affiliate game Michael (just started this month) and I didn't know there could be a partial update. From your experience why would this happen?

If compare April and May from the second half of May almost 0 Overstock sales. I cannot explane these differences.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherMan
    I'm pretty much a newbie to the affiliate game Michael (just started this month) and I didn't know there could be a partial update. From your experience why would this happen?
    You would think it would be a simple process where all sales for a day are sent every night at midnight, but it's not that simple.

It varies from merchant to merchant. Some merchants send several batches a day, and if one gets rejected or misprocessed, you just get part of a day's worth of sales reported until they catch it. Some merchants post when an order is placed. Some after the payment is approved. Some after the items are shipped.

With Overstock, I think they report each item based on when the item is confirmed. Different products come from different warehouses or suppliers and get confirmed at different times. (All this is speculation, based on what I have observed.) I've done analysis in the past to determine how long it takes for items to post after the transaction, and some percent posts on the first day, some on the second, etc.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks for that Michael. My sales were pretty consistent with a 3-5% conversion rate so from my side it appears that the update is complete. Of course it would be better if it wasn't

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Michael is correct, however with an LTRANS update that is being done this should change to updates every 15 minutes.

What does that mean :

If a merchant is reporting based on Purchase Date , then we'll have near live reporting

If a merchant is reporting based on shipping Date, then nothing changes as the 15 minute reports will always be blank until the shipping is processed in one batch.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris,

Is Linkshare requiring or recommending that the new "15 minute" LTRANS reports should use confirmations to make sure that all batches get processed?

What I suggested in another thread was that after Linkshare processes a batch, they send back a confirmation file. The merchant would then process the confirmation file and mark the transactions that were confirmed. With each LTRANS, all of the orders that weren't marked as confirmed should be sent to Linkshare. This would prevent all unreported orders. Stephen replied that this is already being done, but from my experience it isn't. Everything seems to be manual (with all merchants) right now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread