i haven't recieved my first and last 2 checks yet for october and november. I know it takes sometime for the first 3 but isn't it a little too much?? should I start worrying :confused: :eek:
    desperate for the whistle.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    It does take some extra time for the checks to firstly come.
    Do you have it set to receive a US$ check or for foreign bank drafts? I have it set for foreign bank drafts, but they are not posted till about the 4th of the month (about 14 days after the US$ checks are issued). So I have not been paid for Nov. yet but it should be in the mail in a day or two.
    I would maybe wait two weeks & then call them.

re the whistles: I don't think that CJ is doing the whistle thing any more. I have been earning $$$$$ since July and have not received a whistle yet.
    I first earned over $100 in May, and never received one.
    So, if anyone has managed to get a whistle from CJ since then, let me know & I'll ring them up & bug them about it.

Pete..you haven't been paid for Nov yet!
    I've had Nov and Dec, and the US cheque always arrives 8 to 10 days after it's sent.

ABW Ambassador
    Nope, but that's normal Mouse.

The check for November's transactions should arrive any day. This is normal, as I choose to have be paid in AU$ (foreign bank draft) rather than $US.
    Saves me AU$10 on the bank deposit fee (for US$ checks), but I have to wait 10-15 days later, as AU$ checks are not sent until the end of the month, not the 20th.
    Did you get a whistle Mouse?

Sorry Pete, I haven't got December's cheque
    It costs me $10 with the National for one cheque but if you have a couple they will only charge $6 and it's clear straight away.

They're usually pretty good if you have a couple of cheques to deposit..who are you with?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm with the national.
    $10 per deposit(AU$).
    I know one of the tellers at my local branch, and when I can get her (about 60% of the time), she doesn't charge me, even though it has to be checked by a supervisor.

I even had some chick I didn't know serve me & didn't charge me for the IBP (International Bills Purchased - National Bank Term for foreign check deposit).
    I wasn't going to argue that she should have [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I didn't know about the $6 thing, but I've never had a day where I've had over two checks.
    They do clear all mine on the spot though, which is good.
    I don't bother sitting on checks waiting for days when the exchange rate is lower, that's why I get the bank draft. I have done the calculations though, and sometimes it can be a substantial difference even with a 1c movement in the currency ($40-$80).
    When I consistently hit my targets, I'm going to sit down & work it all out. I know I should be getting the US$ and holding it for days when the US$/AU$ is lower, but at the moment it's not my highest priority.

I often sit on mine for awhile and wait for the aussie $ to drop,you can easily pick up an extra 100 or so, just love it when it drops to 49 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh Pete, I just picked up a domain for my husband - sillyoldbastard.com lol!
    He still hasn't stopped laughing!

Well it's in USD and I have to because cj not paying in turkish liras. I wonder why? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] rofl. anyway, guess I'll wait 1-2 weeks more than start to bug them. btw whistle thing is a crush for me. I was dying to get one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. I dunno if whistle's anything to do with the amount but I think my checks are beefy enough hehe $390 and $512
    :cool:

ABW Ambassador
    LOL, great domain.
    Have you thought about what you're going to put on the site? maybe something biographical for your husband [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    you could really try & make it into a bloke central area.
    where guys could chat about chicks, beer & lawn seed

We've been married a looong time,the other day he did something really dumb,
    so I called him a silly old bastard, he fell about laughing!
    I thought it might be fun as a men's forum,
    chicks, beer and lawnseed..you got that right Pete [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Must be millions of funny stories of silly old b's and not just Aussie stories

iucpleps, about the whistle,sorry but,I think they stopped sending them a while ago.

I started with CJ in August and just got my checks this week! I got all 3 checks at once for aug,sept., and oct. Didnt get a November check because I thought i wasnt gonna get paid ever, so I took my links down. Needless to say they are back up again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi BenzCL600...classy name [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Don't spend it all at once [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BenzCL600, ya thats what am I thinking about. I'll get them at once too, I guess.

thanks for the replies. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread