what does "return days exceeded" noncommissionable mean?
    I was looking around in the synergy analytics, and noticed noncommissionable sales, and the reason code was (4) return days exceeded. I have never really noticed this before. What does it mean?

It means that the sale took place after your return days had expired. For instance, if the merchant offers 30 return days and the customer bought 35 days after they clicked through your link, it would show up in this report.

It's kind of a slap in the face ("Hey! You sold this, but we're not going to give you credit for it!"), but it does provide valuable information that other networks don't provide. On other networks, the sale just never shows up if it's outside of the specified number of return days. At least with Linkshare you know when it happens, which gives you the information you need to negotiate longer return days with your merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Question
    Here's a question about return days that i've been wondering about...

Let's say a customer clicks through an affiliate link of mine and makes a purchase. Then the customer goes directly to the merchant site five days later and makes another purchase. Assuming the merchant has a 30 day return policy, will I get credit for this second sale?

Thanks for your help!
    Seven

That varies from merchant to merchant.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hmmm, isn't Linkshare setup so that return days are treated the same throughout all their merchants? How can you tell?

Thanks,
    Seven

what does "return days exceeded" noncommissionable mean?
    It means find another merchant who isn't going to try to weasel out of paying for customer referrals that they were unwilling or unable to aquire with the sweat off their own backs.

Quote Originally Posted by seven-link
    Hmmm, isn't Linkshare setup so that return days are treated the same throughout all their merchants? How can you tell?
    Each merchant sets their return days indepenently. The worst ones I know about are 0.167 days (4 hours). Many are a more reasonable 30, 60, or 90 days.

You can find the return days by going to Program Controls and clicking on the individual Program Level that you're in for each program. Or, click on the "Click here to view consolidated information about your merchant programs" link to see all of them on one page.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

It's getting so easy to clear aff cookies now with apps like MS AntiSpyware and others, many of the longer durations don't matter as much any more. Wait until MS integrates MSASW with the OS, that'll really suck. There needs to be a new way to track aff commissions anyway before we all get hosed.

I get more sales for Linkshare in the non-commission area than in the commission area. It is very frustrating and Linkshare is one of the networks that lets me see how many sales I make without getting paid. Good or Bad.

I get more sales for Linkshare in the non-commission area than in the commission area.
    You could possibly use this point to negotiate a higher commission with a merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    I was always suprised they even had this. It's basically LS telling affiliates look how much money you could have made if the merchant had a decent cookie.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I was always suprised they even had this. It's basically LS telling affiliates look how much money you could have made if the merchant had a decent cookie.
    Did you mean - if the merchant had not stolen your money from you?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread