Mr. Messer - A Common Question That You Can Answer
    Mr Messer:

Many of us have been wondering about the following issue:

I went to the login page and entered my email where it asks if you have forgotten your username. I wanted to see if I had any old usernames that I had forgotten about.

It came back with 2 that were barely if ever used, and my current username.

I had forgotten about these accounts. I never use them, and I don't want them.

I don't want to "consolidate" them with my main account. I don't want to mess around with anything that I don't have to mess around with, so I would like to delete these 2 unused usernames/accounts. I don't want to just deactivate them, I want to delete them.

Please give us all step by step instructions on how to delete these unwanted accounts.

Also, please clarify this: if we have extra (dormant) accounts like this that are not registered and/or validated, will it keep us from getting a check?

And once we delete these extra accounts, they will not cause any problems with our receiving a check, right?

Please answer all of these questions completely so that we can have some clarity on this issue. A lot of people are wondering about this along with me.

And please answer it before another check cutoff date goes by. I want to make sure everything is done so my check is in the next batch.

Thanks for your help.

I see he is here today writing a new post. I'll bump this up and hopefully he will see it and give you an answer.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Well, he hasn't answered my question about who the third party is that he's sharing our personal information with, so don't wait up.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Same boat as I too have an old dead end account and don't even know the username/password.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Well, he hasn't answered my question about who the third party is that he's sharing our personal information with, so don't wait up.
    I contacted a lawyer with that question but he already told me that it may depend on what state you live in. As soon as he answers me I'll post it.

Let's try to keep this thread on the origianl question since it is important to a number of people.

Steve - how about getting an answer for us?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Stannis,

I have just posted an update which includes this info. Let me know if I left anything out. I hope that helps.

Best regards,
    Stephen

Steve:

Here is what was left out:

Also, please clarify this: if we have extra (dormant) accounts like this that are not registered and/or validated, will it keep us from getting a check?

As someone else stated, many people have unused accounts that were set up for them long, long ago by merchants. They have no idea what the emails associated with the account are, or what their security questions/answers are, or what the usernames are, or what the passwords are.

And these are UNUSED accounts. We should not have to jump through hoops to deal with them in order to get paid. We should not have to hunt everything down, and email Linkshare to reset passwords, and consolidate accounts, and then deactivate them. Consolidate & then deactivate - that is just a silly process. And you just know it would only lead to more delays, confusion, and mistakes.

We should either just get paid without having to register and/or consolidate and/or deactivating these unused accounts...

OR

we should be able to send you the username(s) of these accounts at contact -AT- linkshare.com or wherever and request that you delete these accounts for usentirely. Let your guys do the work so we don't have to deal with this nonsense anymore.

It's the logical way to do this. What do you say?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread