Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Patrick - AMWSO's Avatar
    Smile Introducing EverythingHome.com - A New Advertiser
    Hello All,

As this is my first post in the CJ forum, most of you probably wont know me, so a quick intro is in order. My name is Patrick and I work with Chris Sanderson and team over at AMWSO . Im pleased to announce that just over three weeks ago we rolled out the partner program of our newest merchant, EverythingHome.com . Founded in 1989, EverythingHome is a large retailer of kitchen and household appliances, offering thousands of products from over 150 top recognized brands.

Now Im a bit of a newbie when it comes to Commission Junction, most of my previous time has been spent rummaging around in Linkshare, so Im enjoying working with the relatively simplicity of the CJ interface. In particular, Im enjoying the fact that all performance data in the form of EPC is right there out in the open.for both publisher and advertiser. That is a real cool feature.

What Id like to know is what you, the publisher considers an attractive EPC, what is the minimum youd need to see before considering partnering with an advertiser? Our current EPC for earning publishers is $38.27.

Cheers,
    Patrick Goodfellow
    EverythingHome Partner Manager
    http://www.amwso.com/everythinghome.php

15 years and counting
    Glad to see you, Chris and team managing this program. Don't feel bad to stay away from LinkShare. I don't mind to don't have to wait to get my money. I'm going to add more links in the next few days, I appreciate already the Memorial Day special.

EPC doesn't matter to me if you have the products I want. EPC is just an average that doesn't relate that much to what an individual will acheive. I have done very well with merchants who had the right product and a low EPC.

EPC is part of the puzzle. I look for enough products -- a big enough datafeed -- to make it worthwhile.

I look forward to tucking into this program. I do well with home/kitchen lines.

Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    EPC is part of the puzzle. I look for enough products -- a big enough datafeed -- to make it worthwhile.

I look forward to tucking into this program. I do well with home/kitchen lines.
    Same here. Welcome!

Just applied to your program. Anxious to see your datafeed and it's format/categories.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Im glad you posted today! Ive got some out of stock pages that are just beginning to see some traffic again, and you have the products for them. Must be fate.
    But are you still master of your domain?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    An AMSWO merchant NOT on LS!!!

Sign me up

I'm down to amswo merchants in my drop all linkshare merchants quest. I won't feel so bad now.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    That's 3 now. (Century Fitness, Everythinghome and Jobs in Sports)

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I applied and was approved for EverythingHome. Hope to do well with it. Still trying to get the html done.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeMaw
    I applied and was approved for EverythingHome. Hope to do well with it. Still trying to get the html done.
    Welcome MeeMaw

Can you please send me a PM with your 'Organization Name' . That goes for anyone esle that joins from ABW - I'd like to keep track of all you lovely people

Thanks,
    Patrick

Patrick;
    Just applied through CJ. I also sent you a PM.
    Ken

Updates to Product Catalog
    Hello everyone,

Here's the latest update on our Product Catalog (or datafeed as I'm used to calling it).

We've cleaned it, pruned it and added a new field for 'Product Categories', so either grab it from your CJ Interface or drop me with a PM with your CJ CID and I'll email it to you.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Okay, I must have missed something or pematurely dropped your program. I joined and when your feed was sent with the rest of my CJ feeds I was dissapointed. Looking back at my notes I recorded that I felt the categories were poorly identified. Matter of fact, my notes say there were no categories at all. So, what you are saying above is you have now added Product Categories? I'll drop you a PM so you can send it to me and I'll consider rejoining.

Thanks. Any merchant who is not at LinkShare is worth reconsidering for me now a days.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Matter of fact, my notes say there were no categories at all.
    I had the same experience when I looked at it a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to take a fresh look today.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    I had the same experience when I looked at it a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to take a fresh look today.
    I just took a look. Now there are manufacturer brand names in the feed. That works great for me.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Patrick,

I sent you an email with questions about the new feed you sent me. I still don't see any good, clear categories and sent you some examples of what would be better. Let me know if you did not get the email.

Thanks.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi Ron

Issue we're facing is the Yahoo export, the way the DB stores the data for some reason doesn't include the product categories, we created the present Brand based one by running a script on the first field in XLS and then manually checking every row to fix some of the odd brands we "created"

We'll get there eventually but it's one step at a time right now, hopefully the brand categorization will help a lot of people and we can get the product type stuff researched now.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

By the way can you let me know what field you found the weird characters in, we just upgraded our data cleaner and I hope this new version will zap everything

Thanks

Chris

I found it in both the Name and Keyword category:

R├╖sle Pizza Cutter 12718

And in the Description column for other products:

What├s in the Box 1
    "F├│┬/C├│┬ Thermometer (

Let me know when the CJ feed has good categories and I will sign up again for your program. I'm looking for any merchants not with LinkShare these days.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Issue we're facing is the Yahoo export, the way the DB stores the data for some reason doesn't include the product categories
    Chris
    I used to have a Yahoo store and they allow for user-defined fields and that's what I did to create export-able categories. Just a thought.
    Dennis Duffy

Thanks Ron, the new data cleaner caught those it's a German letter and a F/C Degrees symbol....

Thanks muddyboots we'll take a look at that and see what we can do.

Cheers

Chris

What is preferred : Categories to be seperated by a > or by extra fields in the export (if the later is possible , need to check) ?

I prefer additional fields for each subcategory. But that's just me. I like to pull up the datafeed in Exel, and sort and get an overall idea of the products before I build sites and it is so much easier if each sub category is in it's own column. Also makes for easy php script building too. Of course, I don't find many feeds like this, but they are nice when I get them.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thanks Ron I'll see what we can do there, I need to grab the CJ PDF on this as I only see one field for categories .... I must have lost a few columns

Just loaded the latest feed to CJ, this cleans up the data better than last time, should be live in 48 hours I Expect

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

Good point. To clarify, I have had several CJ merchants use other unrelated fields for the sub categories. CJ datafeeds are limiting and this is an easy way around that. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions you want to discuss. Always glad to help.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast