Cookie Stuffing
    I just was searching through the top engines on some of my top keywords (mind you I only make it through one keyword before becoming pissed) 3 out of the top 5 when you click to thier site have a popup going to the homepage of the merchant. Isn't this considered cookie stuffing and against TOS of many merchants? It makes me mad because as lazy as some people are they'll probably keep the site up while browsing through info on my site and these scum bags get the commisions.

Merchants please crack down on your affiliates!

15 years and counting
    Is it an automatic popup going to the homepage of the merchant or do you have to click on a link?

It's automatic the minute you click on the link from say yahoo you get a pop up for the homepage of the merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    That is just Yahoo's way of enhancing the surfers web experience.
    <~~~duck

15 years and counting
    If you click on one of their listings on Yahoo and the merchant site appears, set a cookie and if the site under the pop up is an affiliate, it's considered cookie stuffing. It's an old trick easy to detect, the best is to inform the merchant and the network.

Yep, and going through these sites and looking at this I notice it's not on all merchants that this is done. Merchants here at ABW who speak out against this do not have that feature on the page, it seems to be for merchants who's am's just don't care about dishonest affiliates.

And another note to mark these sites do not feature merchants from SAS.

So this just puts me to work on making more money for merchants who are smart enough to go with SAS and forget about other networks and merchants who allow this.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Basically all the merchants run by the LS professional AM firm, all the CJ inhouse managed programs and of course the branded Perfomics merchnats pimp for the Adwhores. Cookie stuffers, e-mail spammers and BHO's, washing legit affiliate cookies, make us into small time disposable trash....while the blackhat playas get preferred treatment. This sucks and I hope soon some of those AM firms get served arrest warrants for knowingly defrauding their merchant clients.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I think that basically sucks!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread