Enough is Enough!
    Finally today I received confirmation from LS support that I will get a check sent out in the next batch, sometime the middle or end of next week. That means that by that time LS will have sat on most my March commissions for eight weeks and most of my April for four weeks.

And of course, this is assuming that my check actually gets sent. I've been told before I'd be in the next batch and nothing came so I really don't have any confidence that a check will be sent this time.

Enough is enough! I have personally contacted, via email, over 95% of the LinkShare merchant affiliate managers, directing them here to read specific posts about our plight. I did not recommend they change networks but I did strongly recommend that they realize we will not work with merchants if we can't get paid, can't get communication, can't get to our reports and that the merchants need to insure that their selected network is working with us on all aspects of our partnership at every point.

The emails are just starting to come in and I can tell you, these merchants are HOT! Everyone of them has said they have received several complaints from their affiliates about the problems. The affiliate managers and owners are not happy about the way LS has handled this entire thing and their holding back our commissions. There were many gripes from them about communication problems with LS as well, so it's not just us affiliates that were ignored.

For me, this is a very sad period in affiliate marketing. One of the big network players is losing it's footing in the market and even if they are making grand improvements that other networks don't offer, the perception by affiliates and merchants is that they are doing a poor job of running their business. What kind of organization structure does LS have in place? Can LS handle a real crisis if they can't seem to navigate through an upgrade?

Affiliates are leaving...merchants are leaving. Confidence in the LS networks is at an all time low. A sad time indeed.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ron
    WELL DONE
    Its about time that someone stood up and done something
    now that the merchants know whats going on, they might kick the networks butt into shape
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Neil,

Responses from merchants indicate they know all too well what is going on. Many are in the process of writing LS and appreciated my supplying additional information. Others indicated they have already emailed LS, but it has fallen on "deaf ears" as one so nicely put it.

This is sadly a no win situation for everyone the way it is currently progressing.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    Yes, it's a sad time indeed. Cool down, Ron, there's a life beyond LinkShare. I'm not sure we saw the worse, yet. I spent these last 4 weeks moving my links and there's incredible merchants out of LS. I don't rely (only) on big names for my earning. It's taking me time because I've to be careful with my ranking. I don't want to do drastic changes and hurt my business. I'm going to miss some of my merchants, I've been working with them a long time but money talk. I don't want my expertise to profit crooks or/and idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Finally today I received confirmation from LS support that I will get a check sent out in the next batch, sometime the middle or end of next week.
    So they're now saying that the 5/23 batch won't run until JUNE? That's ridiculous. I'm tempted to spend the day calling all of my Linkshare merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I did not get an actual date, just a time frame. At this point I've totally lost track of what the batch dates are as they seem to change so much.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"the middle or end of next week" would be June 1-3.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ron
    its called holding both parties by the bo77ok5..
    and they know it !!!!..

if you have all your eggs in one basket !.. and the basket falls...
    your in the

pick merchants from around, that way if one network takes the pi55,
    you still have income from others
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

My support person did say they were adding another batch to the planned ones. This must be it, but I'm really not sure since I've lost track of the other batch dates.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ask them what amount they are sending.
    I HAVE RECEIVED ONE CHECK FROM THEM AND IT'S NOT FOR ANY AMOUNT I CAN TRACK.
    It appears (to me) they are sending out partial payments owing.

NOT #@$%ING HAPPY
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Guess I am a bit happy with the fact I actually received a check, even if it is wee.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Guess I am a bit happy with the fact I actually received a check, even if it is wee.
    sigh ... sorry for the multiple posts but happy is a bit strong.
    how's about I'm feeling less murderous ragey ... is ragey a word?

How about rageful. Or, fury, anger, wrath, frenzy, rant, seeth, boil, rave, fume.

Or today, maybe all of them.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm with popdawg here... I have received a check but I'm not sure where they got the amount. I'm just glad that I only work with one LS merchant at this point in time.

What a mess...

Dave

I know my mailbox contained Payables today - Not receivables. I have absolutely informed my merchants about the delay. If someone out there has not been paid, tell your merchants - they need to know...

If this were a more mainstream business relationship, we all would be dealing directly with the merchants. Unfortunately, there's nothing mainstream about this whole mess.

Fred

At this point we should be dealing with our lawyers. If I was an employee of this company and they held my paycheck this many weeks past it's usual deposit date, there would be a class action suit against the company.

Because LinkShare has us it his nice little relationship where they call all the shots (both affiliate and merchant), we are just stuck here paying our bills while no income is coming in.

I am SO HAPPY I never put all my eggs in one basket and only promoted LS merchants.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Partial payments? And you don't know which merchant accounts to apply the payment to?

Here's a little collections theory. There are only two reasons why payment isn't made, 1) inability to pay (this could be technical or financial), 2) lack of intent to pay.

Which one is it, Linkshare?

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Partial payments? And you don't know which merchant accounts to apply the payment to?

Here's a little collections theory. There are only two reasons why payment isn't made, 1) inability to pay (this could be technical or financial), 2) lack of intent to pay.

Which one is it, Linkshare?
    Could be both.

Talking
    Mr. Sal

If you make a post here don't steal my .

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I haven't recieved a check since Feburary commissions and this sucks as LS accounts for the majority of my sales. Bet the LS click meter is going south as all the PPCSE playas have to pull their keyword campaigns. Messer said the 23rd would be 3rd batch date. Then says that batch will be delayed 1-3 days. Now someone mentions some time next weeks, while the mailman seems to have lost the 17th check envelopes. A Real mess...getting messer
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I don't want my expertise to profit crooks or/and idiots.
    Perfectly said..

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Mr. Sal

If you make a post here don't steal my .
    Ok,

You won't see your fan on this post.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread