Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Merchants! PLEASE, MOVE TO SAS!
    Not only do they cost less but they are reliable and honest and have the respect of the affiliates!!! They do not hold your money that you sent to pay your hard working affiliates doing, Goddess only knows what, with it but rather they pay on time every time! They provide the services you pay them to provide with no hassel.

Nor, have they ever even one time lied to any affiliates or merchants that I have ever heard. SAS has never even once tried to jerk anyone around or tried to obscure the truth from any post I have ever seen. You can trust them.

Due to the problems with the other networks, from all I have read, affiliates seem to prefer SAS over all the other networks.

The only complaint of any substance with SAS is that they do not have enough large anchor merchants.

Don't just take my word for it. See what others have to say here. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=57354

If you run an honest, parasite free program and do not do dirty deeds, PLEASE, MOVE TO SAS!!!!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I agree. I am so tired of the other networks' excuses. Not only is SAS great, but I've found that the merchants there have a special enthusiasm for the the affiliate process, and respect for their affiliates as people. Not just some huge numbers.

That may be because they tend to be smaller merchants. I don't know if that will translate if the bigger players join. (I still wish they would though).

Jazz T.

It's better to join the smaller merchants on SaS, make $1.00 and get paid on due date, than join the bigger merchants you know where, make $10.00 and don't get paid for weeks after due date.

Sure
    And
    Secure

WOW! Mr Sal! I like that! And, it is so true!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

THE REVOLUTION IS UPON US
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    It's better to join the smaller merchants on SaS, make $1.00 and get paid on due date, than join the bigger merchants you know where, make $10.00 and don't get paid for weeks after due date.
    Actually, many of us would prefer to get paid $10 two months from now rather than $1 today. That's why we're suffering through the delays at Linkshare.

Of course the best solution would be to get paid $10 today rather than $10 in two months.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Of course the best solution would be to get paid $10 today rather than $10 in two months.
    I agree, but some times you can't have it both ways, so you must decide how much are you're willing to suffer for a few dollars more.

I'm willing to suffer quite a bit for 10 times as much.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I'm willing to suffer quite a bit for 10 times as much.
    I would only do that if I knew when is payday and I get paid no later than 10 days after that.

But of course, I also would be willing to wait to get paid even six months later if there was a real excuse and the one who have to pay me had no money available to pay me by the due date.

But if the one that have to pay me my money is a millionaire and don't pay me on time and not even tell me when it's that I am going to get paid for sure, well...................

I might quit working there and fight to get my money or just quit working there and tell them to keep my F. money because, they may need it more than me and move on.

BTW,

On January 23rd, 2005 I made this post: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...60&postcount=7

Today, four months later.....

I have more experience, so SAS have my vote for 2005 and maybe for years to come. Who knows?

In the last four months I have done better on Shareasale than what I have made on another place in the first two years there, so figured out.

Sal.

i think i will tell all the staff in the office, that we have lost track of
    how much money we owe them this month.
    give them a few dollers each , and tell them i will sort it next month
    DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ACCEPT THAT

not on your life,,,, they would kill me...
    so why should you?????
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Affiliate Manager
    We are a small merchant and have two programs through SAS. We have been with SAS for over a year and are very happy with their service.

Their staff is excellent. They always respond quickly to questions. The best part is they actually know who I am when I call. (If we used one of the larger networks, I doubt that this would be true.)

I think that they are very honest and set up mechanisms to may the affiliate sale process fair to all concerned. (For instance, they have a script for phone order tracking.)

Melissa C. Murphy
    www.crazyforbargains.com
    www.tinytotdressshop.com

i think i will tell all the staff in the office, that we have lost track of
    how much money we owe them this month.
    give them a few dollers each , and tell them i will sort it next month
    DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ACCEPT THAT
    If they were making 10 times what you are paying them, I suspect they'd grin and bear it.

I think if bigger merchants move to SandS they will experience the same problems CJ and Linkshare are. Server load issues, Parasites etc.

Competition is good. If there was only one network I could see major problems.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I think if bigger merchants move to SandS they will experience the same problems CJ and Linkshare are. Server load issues, Parasites etc.
    From what I know of SAS, I highly doubt this. Server load issues can happen to anyone online but they should only be a temporary issue-not a regular occurance. SAS could have server load issues but I doubt they would let it go on for years.

As for parasites, that's not something that "happens" when your network grows large. It's a choice you make to work with scum. Finding a thief in your network and allowing them to continue to steal from other affiliates for 60 or 90 days while they "work to get in compliance" is pure BS. A thief is a thief. You give them time to "fix" their program and you may as well bless their actions. At the very LEAST, on the first occurance they should be cut off immediately and unpaid commissions be kept or distributed to those they stole from. The second time and they should be terminated. I've yet to hear a good reason why any thief should be allowed to steal after they've been caught.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I don't understand the 1 to 10 ratio when comparing SAS and LS. You can make big money with SAS, too. And get paid on time.

My wote still goes for CJ, though. It's best of both worlds, big & small merchants and payments like clockwork, in my bank account every month.

I work with LS as well, and I am happy with them. I don't have any doubts that I will get paid, just later instead of sooner. They just doing it the hard way, instead of easy way. I do believe they're really messed up the situation right now, they will figure it out eventually. As long as they keep tracking the sales, which I believe they do, I have no problem.

Parasites are another issue, which SAS gets the extra vote of trust and confidence.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Steele
    If they were making 10 times what you are paying them, I suspect they'd grin and bear it.

I doubt it.

The bills have to be paid now.

Not months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steele
    Actually, they would probably gripe and complain, but put up with it.

If the choices right now are:

1) Make $10 but have to wait two months to get paid, or
    2) Make $1 and get paid today,

Eventually one or ther other will allow you to make $10 and get paid today. When that happens, nobody will have use for the other. So, who will it be?

Will Linkshare get their act together and truly take the needs of affiliates seriously?

Or will SAS lure some big merchants away while maintaining their excellent service?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I really do hope that several large merchants leave LS for SAS. I think that is the only thing that Steve Messer would get. Because he and his employees just aren't getting this situation.

Those employees should understand that the future of their jobs is at stake, when merchants finally realize that there are better alternatives out there. And that we, their partners, enthusiastically support them.

Jazz T.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Actually, they would probably gripe and complain, but put up with it.

If the choices right now are:

1) Make $10 but have to wait two months to get paid, or
    2) Make $1 and get paid today,

Eventually one or ther other will allow you to make $10 and get paid today. When that happens, nobody will have use for the other. So, who will it be?

Will Linkshare get their act together and truly take the needs of affiliates seriously?

Or will SAS lure some big merchants away while maintaining their excellent service?
    So it took you over 4¾ hours to come up with that reply?

Since you used my hypothetical example of:
    and after over 4¾ hours, that is the best that you can come up with......

I rest my case!

Keep waiting for your $10.00 check over there, By the time you get paid if you get paid, I would probably have 100's of $1.00 checks over here.

Good luck!

Talking
    As I said earlier in another post in a different thread - if you are 65 or older your chances are very high of ending up dead in a grave yard before you ever get paid.

If you are under 65 you many live long enough to get you money - but - only if you take very, very good care of yourself.

I had rather have mine while I'm still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    So it took you over 4¾ hours to come up with that reply? and after over 4¾ hours, that is the best that you can come up with...... I rest my case!
    You know I responded to it earlier. I was responding to a more recent post that referenced your original post in my most recent response.

I started affiliate marketing in 1999, when most merchants paid quarterly and payments were usually made 2-3 months after the end of the quarter. I went full time nine months after I started and have been full time for over five years now. I obviously don't mind waiting if I have to. I don't limit myself to just merchants who pay quickly. I work with many merchants who pay quickly (and prefer those merchants), but if I worked with just those merchants, I would make less than half as much money as I do right now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Michael,

Don't take life to seriously, life is to short to worry that much about the small details.

I too, started in affiliate marketing around that time, but the way I see it today, I am not willing to put up with any merchant or any network anywhere, that hold my money for any time longer than what it's a reasonable time frame, I don't care how much I made before, to me the important issue is where is my money that I have earned according to the terms of the program.

When I have to pay a bill, the bill collector won't care if I got paid or not, all they want is their money when the due date is up, and so do I.

So don't take any of my posts as a personal attack, I am just trying to do the best I can when I get a raw deal without getting too stressed out. I am to old for that shit and smart enough to move on in time.

Sal.

Just make sure they are auto-depositing merchants!

With the outage S&S had was it last night. If more larger merchants and a lot of affiliates were over there I think it would be common place to see an outage like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast