Thanks to the people on these boards for bringing the Ebates issue to our attention.

We've expired them as publishers (although we're still a few days away from it officially going bye-bye because it takes 7 days to expire on CJ).

Keep up the good fight, and PLEASE feel free to let me know if there are more that I'm missing.

We have no intention of working with ParasiteWare, but it can be tricky to figure it all out these days.

Paul
    Rugman.com

Welcome to ABW.

I also wish there was a current list of who is parasitic and who is not. We booted ebates, but like you, are not sure who else to look for and boot.

There are lots of claims of who is a parasite, and I'll be happy to boot them if they are, but don't want to sever relationships unless they are truly guilty.

Has anyone put together a current list of who the bad boys are so we can better evaluate who joins our programs?

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Scott ...I begged the affiliate CoC committee to push the networks to devulge in the merchant profile those who support BHO's. Also clearly mark which merchants were actually just Duper affiliates who had no order fulfillment commitment to our referral shoppers. The DUPE other affiliates into promoting them as if they were merchants.

Networks refuse to easily identify the robber barrons within their ranks causing all their merchants to sort out which ones seek to double dip them on commissions.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I agree. It would be nice to have a list.

Unfortunately, there's so much confusing information out there, it's hard to tell who is and who isn't.

From our stand-point, if our other publishers are concerned, it's enough to warrant a serious review.

I don't have firm facts on any of these companies, including Ebates, and can make no definitive statement one way or the other. But the fact that our other partners were concerned, and no-one seemed to be able to provide enough information to them to ease these concerns, was enough for me.

Paul

www.Rugman.com
    Where the World Comes to Buy Rugs

Well, the 7 day waiting period is over and Ebates is officially GONE from the Rugman.com program!!!!

Rugman.com (Merchant Through CJ)

ABW Ambassador
    PaulS, your program is still listed on Ebates.

What???? They're expired through CJ.... I checked this morning.

O.k., I just checked Ebates... and you're right, we're still there.

Anyone else had this problem where the publisher has been expired but didn't take down the links??

I take it as long as we're still listed on their site, there's still a concern regarding the cookies, even if they aren't an official affiliate anymore???

Paul

This is posted on the Ebates site now when you click on the Rugman.com link:

"Sorry, Rugman.com is no longer part of the Ebates network. However, with over 500 stores offering cash discounts, you're sure to find just what you're looking for. Start by signing up below!"

PaulS,

quote:
    Anyone else had this problem where the publisher has been expired but didn't take down the links??

All the time!

I owe you a beef on wek for your decision (Buffalonians Know)

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Rugman is no longer listed on Ebates.

BFT, you had me a little worried there, but I guess they were a little slow taking down the links.

Haiko, I'd say I'll take you up on your offer, but I have NO idea what I'd be getting myself into.

Paul

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread