Affiliate Network Rep
    Who is going to Affiliate Summit?
    Hi all

For those that dont know me my name is Malcolm Cowley and I run an affiliate network in the UK called buy.at

I am coming over with our MD in June to go to Affiliate Summit in Vegas on the 12th/13th

I wondered if there were any ABW board members going to the event as it would be great to meet some of you guys and girls?

Basically were coming over for a few reasons but the main ones apart from debauchery :-) are :

To chat to US affiliates about utilising any UK traffic they have which may be going to waste

To find out more about the US affiliate marketing scene with a view to opening an American arm of our network at some point in the future.

If anyone would be interested in chatting about these topics then let me know.

Hopefully I may see a few of you in Vegas?

Thanks

Mal

Affiliate Manager
    I will also be going to the Affiliate Summit. I was lucky enough to get a ticket from the waiting list.

I am a merchant and manage two programs through SAS --- www.crazyforbargains.com (sleepwear site) and www.tinytotdressshop.com.

If anyone would like to say hello or chat at the event, let me know. There is some time Tuesday morning dedicated to networking.

Melissa C. Murphy
    www.crazyforbargains.com
    www.tinytotdressshop.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi
    Hi Melissa

It would be great to see you there and thanks for posting.

I will be getting there Thursday afternoon and staying right through till Wednesday lunchtime .

I have heard a bit about SAS from reading this forum and all seems positive - looks like a good network from what I have read.

I have heard good things about Aff Summit so cant wait and having it in Vegas is a real bonus as I love that town :-)

Maybe see you there

Mal

I was considering going but the topics looked much more geared toward managers and not affiliates. Is this not the case?

http and a telephoto
    arc1, if you don't have a ticket, you probably can't get one at this point.

I am an affiliate, I am going, many of the topics are affiliate oriented. I will be on the datafeed panel with a few other ABW'ers.

I will be arriving in Vegas on Friday morning, if anyone wants to set up a time to meet, evenings would be great. I plan on doing photography during the day Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I will be the person at the summit carrying a BIG dSLR camera and photographing everybody

Have I mentioned I am available for hire for event photography?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi

Ill keep my eyes peeled for you - Im getting excited about it now I love Vegas and it will be eye opening to chat to American affiliates and get a feel for how things are done.

I thought there would be loads of ABW's going but the threads a bit bare of replies.

Mal

Hi Malcolm,

I am also based in the UK (www.ADVFN.COM) and will be going to Las Vegas on the 10th June for the Affiliate Summit. I want to get a better understanding of US affiliate programs and to lose lots of money at Black Jack!

See you all in Vegas!

Graeme
    www.ADVFN.com
    Last edited by Graeme@ADVFN; May 31st, 2005 at 10:29 AM.

Affiliate Network Rep
    WSOP is also on :-) Friday theres a 2k buyin no limit event I might have a go at :-)

See you there Graham

Mal

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I thought there would be loads of ABW's going but the threads a bit bare of replies.
    A lot of ABWers are going to the ABW get-together in Chicago...

Get-together thread
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    A lot of ABWers are going to the ABW get-together in Chicago...

Get-together thread
    Our team and a few of our merchants will be in Las Vegas from June 11 - 17. We will be networking at a few of the locations where affiliate marketing will be discussed..

We will also be at the ABW get together in Chi Town....

While in Vegas and Chi Town, we can be reached on our cell 305-785-4524. If anyone wants to get together, fell free to call...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Hi Perfiliate

I get in to Vegas quite late on the friday night (19.00) so I wont be there in time for the WSOP event. Do you know what time it should finish (est) and where it is being held?

I think I might stick to the $40 torni at the Luxor

Graeme

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi

Thanks for that Leader - I had wondered if that might have thinned numbers a little being so close .

I hadnt seen the ABW before Id booked up for Aff Summit and although I bet its going to be brilliant the extra out of office time needed for me wont be possible :-(

Is there more than one ABW gathering a year ? I'd love to plan things better and go to the next one if I am allowed

Andy

I look forward to seeing you there I have read a few of your posts before and I know your highly regarded for your work so it will be great to have a chat if you get time.

Thanks

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by perfiliate
    Andy

I look forward to seeing you there I have read a few of your posts before and I know your highly regarded for your work so it will be great to have a chat if you get time.

Thanks

Mal
    Mal, the pleasure will be mine. While we are not attending the actual summit, we will be at the Riviera on and off and will be at some of the other networking parties going on on Monday and Tuesday. There are also a few get togethers on Saturday and Sunday as well.

As i'm sure you know, the networking and the "behind the scenes" deal makings occur outside of the conferences most of the time...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Hi Andy

I know there are a few get togethers on the Monday and Tuesday. Any more details on the ones from Sat and Sun?

Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme@ADVFN
    Hi Andy

I know there are a few get togethers on the Monday and Tuesday. Any more details on the ones from Sat and Sun?

Graeme
    I can't post them on a public forum though...email or call me when i'm there for more details..
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; May 31st, 2005 at 11:43 AM. Reason: edited typo, long weekend :-(

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I think Andy meant can't mention them on a public forum.

Mal, Andy is definitely someone you want to hook up with while in Vegas.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi

Its at the Rio - http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/wsop.asp

I only really play online and the only offline game I ever played was when i was bad beated out of a tourny at the Luxor :-( sure ill be in there as well aiming to rectify the situation of last time :-)

Andy if you could let me know about any of the behind the scenes gatherings it would be much appreciated - I go to a lot of UK events and the bar afterwards at the hotel tends to be where the real juicy info is exchanged

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by perfiliate
    I go to a lot of UK events and the bar afterwards at the hotel tends to be where the real juicy info is exchanged

Mal
    Same in the US my friend, nothing is different in that aspect. The conferences are great for those that want to learn, need more info on a particular area etc. but the real bussiness goes on after hours and on breaks at the lobby, bars and restaurants.

I too only play online and this trip to Las Vegas will be my first time to experience a live game. I might try and get over the Rio in the evening to see if I can catch the end of the WSOP game.

Good luck I might even see you at the Luxor

Andy

Thanks I will email you once I get to Vegas to see what is happening over the Sat and Sunday nights.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread