So I am not a regular poster here, but do read ABW a couple of times a week.

I just checked out some post here on this board and I keep getting a pop up from WhenU. I took a screenshot, but cannot post is here apperantly.

This seems a little fishy and contradictory to what the community is trying to accomplish.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,
    Henk van Dongen
    Director of Marketing
    Quadratec Inc
    www.Quadratec.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi Henk,

Good to see you..it's been awhile.

Yes, know exactly what's going on. This has been happening for quite some time. It has everything to do with whenu and nothing at all to do with ABW. WhenU can potentially pop up on any website without their consent. Some sites may be more likely to have whenu pop up on them than others. Haiko has had many disucssions with the parties involved in these pop ups in the past.

If you are having difficulty posting the screenshot, could you please email it to haiko@abestweb.com?

Rest assured these pop ups are NOT coming from ABW nor or they condoned by ABW.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Henk:
    Greetings from another Philly-area resident!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Henk,

Please email me the SS, It appears that I have to update this week's invoice to them ... http://www.abestweb.com/WhenU.htm

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    This seems a little fishy and contradictory to what the community is trying to accomplish.

This community is made up of 3 visible entities - Affiliates, Merchants and Networks
    and one largely unrepresented area which are parasites.

While we all gather here - each clearly has their own agenda. There is only one common goal here and that is greed and the desire to make money.

The issues most represented on this board concern the "vastly varying degrees of greed" that do exist and how ethical or unethical you will be in letting your business decisions influence your greed.

The COC violation popup you see clearly represents the level of greed from three of the parties.

*)The networks allow it despite it being a COC violation.
    *) It's the parasites basic model so I don't see how you could be upset they are popping up on you when you have the application installed on your computer. Ever wonder how effective Content advertising really is?
    *)One of the merchants and or even an affiliate represented in the popup feel it's fair to infringe on others content and turf and interfere with surfers and are willing to participate in an effort to make a buck.

And then well.... There's Haiko and the merchant getting popped on saying "geeeze - I don't believe this madness and it has to stop".

Welcome to the wild wild west and the community of greed mongers.

ABW Ambassador
    Happypoon...

While I understand what you are saying, you are way too young to be so cynical.

Obstinatedon

Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.

Anonymous

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Breakfast at Happypoon's place must be hazardous to parasites on even the neighbors pets. Between him and his lovely new wife their small talk must include B-a-HO -wank -scumbag and Ad-nausium as they get the cynical part from viewing my posts. Forgive them Don as you and I still can chuckle in a cynical way after all these years.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Howdy Don - great to see you around again - hope you're feeling spunky and doing great .

Me cynical.... I can assure you that post didn't have a single cynical point in it (well maybe the "ever wonder how effective content advertising really is" was a tad cynical) but be assured the other points are very accurate in how I view this "community" and it's sense of purpose and it was not meant to come off as cynical at all.

Hang in there pal!

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Pal.... Don't be so sure I'm young or inexperienced...

I'm 46 11/12 , have 2 grandkids, am a divorcee and a widower yet, I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful new wife in my life. I also have bum knees, a fat arssss, an attitude and...... I'm an ex-professional .

ABW Ambassador
    ROFL Happypoon...

You are right. Although you told me once that you were in your 40's, I assumed you were only 40. Hell, compared to me (and Mike for that matter), you are very young.

But then, so is dirt compared to me these days.

Obstinatedon

Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.

Anonymous

Howdy Don,

Nice to see around here again.
    We can sure need your comment here.
    I miss your post by the way.

You have to excuse my Hubby he always mean well.
    Just hard to be polite sometimes in this business.

But I tell he is very adorable sweet honest man I have ever meet. He tell it like it is and sometimes I have to ask him to be polite. Of course he will not listen (it's a man thing is it?) lol...

Anyway Nice to see you again here Mr.Don
    Hugs and Kisses!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you Nova...

Your posts always makes me smile.

Obstinatedon

Anonymous

Haiko: I love the invoice. I pinched the idea for one of my own sites, and I also intend to charge 'em for spam to the site's contact address.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Haiko-

One of the things I enjoy most about you is your subtlety. Great invoice! ROFL.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

Great Great invoice Haiko...

goal: $5000 a month by 11/26
    Financial free by 2004.
    Jason- Santa Cruz, CA

I'm not joking, I mailed it!

Haiko

oh okay Haiko, thought you were joking there.

goal: $5000 a month by 11/26
    Financial free by 2004.
    Jason- Santa Cruz, CA

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Haiko,

Read your invoice, you live in Jamaica estates? You live about 20 blocks from me. I live in queens village, a block north of francis lewis and hillside :-) Big internet...Small world :-)

Mike

Mike,

I do and yes it is an extremely small world - so much so that it is almost freaky sometimes!

Haiko

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread