Getting a raise
    If you want to negotiate a higher commission, who do you contact - the merchant or the AM?
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

Try the A.M first.. but make sure that you have good reason to ask.
    if you are converting well for them ,, then you have a chance.
    if not,,,,,,,, then forget this conversation even took place..
    whats the story?? are you making money for them??
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

I'm making good money for them and get the pi every month.

I sent an email to the am and he confirmed that they are in the process of "talking about" giving a higher commission to the top affiliates and that they were going to be contacting me. That was a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet.

I only asked because their program says 7-10 % and I wanted to know how to get the higher percentage.
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

maybe a polite reminder, might be a good suggestion.
    along the ilne of,,, i know your are very busy , but can you remember etc etc etc ... no harm in that
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Hi HomeFlower,

Also, help make the case why an increase in commission is warranted. The AM usually needs to get internal approval and in most companies a supporting case will need to be made. AM's often get blasted with requests for increased commissions, so the more thought out and prepared your case is, the more likely you are to get a quick response and hopefully approval.

Keep in mind, that the AM's senior managers are tasked with holding down costs...they are likely to see a request for an increase as an increased cost - be clear what the benefit is for them: Increased visibility, inclusion in a more profitable aspect of your efforts, exclusive placements aer just a couple of examples.

Some examples of metrics/criteria used by companies:

* ROI - literally return on investment.
    * Ratio of new customers to exisiting: are you driving proportionally more new customers than existing? - hard to know, need to ask the AM. However, discount & coupon sites tend to drive more repeat than new, while Search is the opposite. Also, different companies value this differently. HINT: if your merchant is a cataloguer, it is likely they place a premium value on acquiring new customers.
    * Sales volume: are you driving higher than average orders? Are you one of their top ten or top 20? Will increased commish enable you to drive even more?
    * Sales goals: can you commit to a goal?
    * Exclusivity: would you be willing to trade exclusivity for enhanced commissions?

Those are off the top of my head - feel free to PM me or give me a call at 212 649-4900 if you would like more help in putting together your case.
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread