ABW Ambassador
    It takes 10 clicks to get nowhere - GEEZ
    I have never seen such a confusing interface. When you get in this synergy thing (after 5 minutes of loading for me) it takes forever to get where you need to go. Initially, it looks as if you can't see March stats. It just starts at April. Then when you figure out how to see your revenue it then prompts you to pick the year. Then a start date, then you have to wait to pick an end date, then a network then your request is being processed........OK after 10 minutes of getting in to see my revenue; where do you go to see if a check has been issued. Do I have to go through another 10 minutes??? Why can't they bring the old system back for now.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh wonderful, I just clicked on payment summary and this is what I see.

No Results
    The specified criteria didn't result in any data. This is often caused by applying filters that are too restrictive or that contain incorrect values. Please check your Request Filters and try again. The filters currently being applied are shown below.

Payment Status is not equal to / is not in Authorized

Even if you do see a check is being processed, it takes several clicks (with no instructions to get you to where you want to be) to see which merchants payments are in the check.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

And then, it doesn't show what periods the payments are for, and the amounts don't match anything in any of the reports (since we get paid based on posting date rather than transaction date), so it's a real pain to reconcile.

The old "Payment Report" was extremely helpful. Please bring that back, Linkshare.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've had to email my merchants and ask for specific details regarding commissions so I can see what I am being paid for. Doing so was very helpful when I realized that LS was paying me for April, but forgot all about the larger March commissions.

I should not have to email merchants for commission reports. That is what they are paying LS for and LS is not fulfilling their contract.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Even if you do see a check is being processed, it takes several clicks (with no instructions to get you to where you want to be) to see which merchants payments are in the check.
    What are the instructions for doing that?

Thanks

Here are some instructions:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...914#post441914

Go to Synergy Analytics reporting. Go to "Network Transaction Analysis", then "Affiliate Payment Summary". From there the quickest way to see the detail is to click on the Payment Status (like "Issued"). You can also drill down from Year to Quarter to Month to Date.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks. Unfortunately, clicking on "issued" if you have a mac running IE doesn't do anything.At least it doesn't for me. (Any other mac users?) Oh well...

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey Michael, now that you're a big-shot moderator would you put that info about SA in a sticky so it's always handy at the top of the forum? I had less trouble memorizing "O Captain, My Captain" in eighth grade than memorizing those dopey instructions.

Muchos!

Anybody up for a chorus of "Long and Winding Road?"

Has the "Affiliate Payment Summary" link disappeared in SA? I have a printed copy of a payment detail from 05/17/05 - so I know I once saw this screen, but I can't access it this morning.

Is this link supposed to be under "Network Transaction Analysis", left hand side under "Select a report from following list:"??

Good grief, it really should not be this difficult.
    - I am not young enough to know everything

The reporting is pretty fast for me. Loads up right away. The reports run pretty fast too. I'm on a cable modem.

Has the "Affiliate Payment Summary" link disappeared in SA? I have a printed copy of a payment detail from 05/17/05 - so I know I once saw this screen, but I can't access it this morning.
    It's disappeared for me, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by seven-link
    The reporting is pretty fast for me. Loads up right away. The reports run pretty fast too. I'm on a cable modem.
    It takes just under 5 minutes to get a Sales and Activity Report, as an example, and I'm on a cable modem too.
    [left][font=Trebuchet MS][color=darkslategray][/color][/font] [/left]

...poof...
    now where did the 'Affiliate Payment List' go? or what is it called now?

Also, please develop a 'config' screen for this Siebel thing so that we can use the previous prompts and only change the ones we want to - i.e. I doubt I will be changing years much (from 2005) until next January ... look at Google's Adsense reports - they display today's report using your previous days configuration.

Charles

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread